Author Topic: Chinese Embroidered Qing thangka  (Read 16534 times)

pgdharma

Re: Chinese Embroidered Qing thangka
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2016, 09:01:09 AM »
This is a beautiful and holy thangka. Most old thangkas have inscriptions on the back, usually the mantra of the deity depicted.  Thangkas are hung in temples, monasteries, homes as blessings and to support the Buddhist meditation and practice. Practitioners use thangkas to develop a clear visualization of a particular deity, strengthening their concentration, and forging a link between themselves and the deity.

May those who view this piece of exquisite holy thangka be planted with the seeds of enlightenment.

SabS

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2016, 10:33:36 PM »
Thank you Tara for blessing us with this picture and news of this beautiful thangka. It is absolutely mesmorising in its good condition with stunning colours. I read the comments and feel that holy items as this thangka have their own way of finding themselves to benefit people. So be it auctioned or stolen, no matter the karma, the connection with the Buddha had been made and the opportunity in future lives to receive and practice the Buddha teachings. So it is really for us to judge other than rejoice for the new owners and those who will have the opportunity to view it.

Tenzin Malgyur

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2016, 02:16:01 PM »
This Thangka is truly a masterpiece. I am so attracted to its fine needle work. It is not surprising though because of the fact that the emperors of the Qing dynasty have the highest respect towards Tibetan Buddhism. They would have commissioned the best artist to complete this holy image using the finest materials. Wherever this holy Thangka may end up, I wish this holy image continues to bless whoever who lay gaze on it and plant a Buddha seed in their mind.