Author Topic: Dorje Shugden's parents  (Read 10362 times)

Jason Statham

Re: Dorje Shugden's parents
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2015, 05:07:09 AM »
If I am not wrong, in the gods realm where Protector Dorje Shugden took a new rebirth at so that He is closer to us beings that are in the lower realms. Because of our Karma, we need a lots of merits to connect with the Buddha, that's is why many enlightened beings prefer to take a new rebirth as humans or gods so that they can be closer to us. And in the gods realm, Dorje Shugden's Father is Ganapathy Ragavajra (He is a manifestation of Avalokiteshvara) and Dorje Shugden's Mother is Queen of existence (The Mother of all Buddhas). Here is a picture of Ganapathy (https://www.google.com.my/search?q=Ganapathy&biw=1366&bih=643&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAWoVChMIraqE3LfuyAIVY3umCh3npQuI#tbm=isch&q=Ganapathy+in+buddhist+form&imgrc=UDLFxqeiI-kQvM%3A)

James Bond

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2015, 08:41:27 AM »
I do not know who the King Of Obstructers is or who the Queen of Existence is, but i can say that you have asked a very good question. I am not too sure how they relate to the Great King Dorje Shugden, but from my knowledge and understanding of the prayer text above, i would think that Dorje Shugden is some kind of son to the King and the Queen. When i say 'son' i do not mean the kind of sons we see everyday, by son i mean more along the lines of an apprentice or follower. That, for me, is what i got out of the prayer text.

grandmapele

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2015, 02:39:05 AM »
Thank you all for a very interesting discussion. My question from here on is how old is the scripture expounding the birth of Dorje Shugden as the son of Ganapati and the Queen of the World? I fear that it may be seen as some kind of fairy tale by non-believers. All truth comes from scriptures so it would be good to have authenticated source quoted. Just a thought, as I'm very new and do wish to learn.

Matibhadra

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2015, 03:40:06 AM »
My question from here on is how old is the scripture expounding the birth of Dorje Shugden as the son of Ganapati and the Queen of the World?

The verses quoted in the original post are part of the praise to Dorje Shugden called Infinte Aeons, ascribed to Dagpo Kelsang Khedrup, who lived two generations before Pabongkha Rinpoche, as you can see from http://dorjeshugdenhistory.org/among-shugden-texts-1800a.html. Therefore, the scripture should be some 160 years old.

I fear that it may be seen as some kind of fairy tale by non-believers.

What makes a scripture dealing with very hidden topics more or less credible is not its age, but rather the credibility of its author. A credible author is an author who makes no mistake in relation to slightly hidden topics, which we can check by ourselves, such as emptiness. Examples are Buddha Shakyamuni, Nagarjuna, Tsongkhapa, and Pabongkha Rinpoche.

All truth comes from scriptures

And many lies as well. Therefore, when it comes to very hidden topics, one should rely only on scriptures written or spoken by reliable teachers.

so it would be good to have authenticated source quoted.

The full text of Infinite Aeons can be found starting on page 138 of Trijang Rinpoche's Music Delighting the Ocean of Protectors, which can be seen here: http://www.dorjeshugden.com/articles/musicdelighting.pdf. Trijang Rinpoche's commentary on the verse quoted in the original post starts on page 100 of the same text.