Author Topic: Landmark U.S. Supreme Court ruling legalizes gay marriage nationwide  (Read 12605 times)

kris

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/06/28/us-usa-court-gaymarriage-idUSKBN0P61SW20150628

I am quite sure many of you would have know this big news by now, with many people turned their Facebook profile to rainbow to show support for this new development. However, this new court ruling really stir a big wave in the spiritual/religious world, as there are quite a number of the religious people who are against this ruling.

What is your take on this?

fruven

Re: Landmark U.S. Supreme Court ruling legalizes gay marriage nationwide
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2015, 05:24:07 PM »
Apparently some businesses applauded the Supreme Court's ruling. They said it makes business sense.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/06/27/us-usa-court-gaymarriage-companies-idUSKBN0P62LE20150627?mod=related&channelName=domesticNews

"We applaud today's U.S. Supreme Court ruling on marriage equality, which will help families across the country, make it easier for businesses to hire and keep talented people, and promote both economic growth and individual freedom," Goldman Sachs Group said in a statement.

eyesoftara

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2015, 09:47:30 AM »
Many people in the US are so happy for this landmark decision not because they are gay but mainly because this is a decision for freedom of choice. And I support freedom of choice. I am not pro or otherwise adverse to being gay but I am pro freedom.

Too me the rest of the world has much to learn from the US of A.

Dondrup Shugden

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2015, 03:23:26 AM »
In the early years there had been much study and discussions as to why people are gay.  Personally whatever are the causes, it is a personal inclination and it is not for us to judge.

Even in the bible, there are stories of Sodom and Gomarrah that kind of mention activities of such nature. 

Freedom of choice is what I applaud the US Supreme Court ruling to legalise gay marriages and also the acceptance of differences from norm that I rejoice for.

kelly

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2015, 07:18:00 AM »
We should not detect what others people choice whether or not this group of gay will consider normal or abnormal is their choice to choose so is very happy to see the law respect them and give them freedom to choose.

Midakpa

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2015, 01:53:14 PM »
It is good that there is this new law that allows gay couples to get married. It has removed a lot of suffering among members of the gay community who were discriminated against. This is the result of the gay community who fought for their rights and a more open society that America has become. Buddhism does not discriminate against people based on their sexual orientation because it is not regarded as important. What is important is the person's mind, whether he/she is kind and humane. After all, everything is impermanent. One is gay in this life due to one's karma but one's future lives may be very different! 

SabS

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2019, 04:57:39 AM »
For me, it really doesn't matter if you are gay or not. Being gay does not change the fundamentals of humanity. It is the kindness and care for others that make the world a better place to live in. So I am glad that the gays are allowed their marriage if they find happiness in that.

Drolma

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2019, 02:43:55 AM »
Gay or not gay should not be something we use to label a person or to judge a person. A person's sexual preference does not make a person good or bad. What is more important is their behaviour to people and to the public.

If someone is kind and have helped many people but he/she is gay, is it right to say this person is a bad person and we should not give respect to him/her? If someone is not gay but he/she has committed a crime should we favour this person over the gay person who has made much positive impact on others? So how can we label someone with their sexual preference and discriminate against them?

If we want to practice kindness, we have to be less judgemental and accept who they are. If we think their behaviour is not correct, be kind to advise them, but first we have to walk the talk. We have to be more observant and caring then we will find the right way to help others using different methods.