Author Topic: Mortal Gods?  (Read 15702 times)

kris

Re: Mortal Gods?
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2015, 05:40:00 PM »
I would actually think, the way he live his life, it is similar to the god realm, where he only indulges in enjoyment day in day out. I don't think he will ever think if what he does is causing suffering to others.

Money is neutral. Having a lot of money does not necessary means good karma, nor it means bad karma. Some people are born with a lot of wealth and use it to benefit others, so this is good karma. However, with a lot of money, a person do a lot of negative things, this would be bad karma.

But from what I see here, all he does is enjoyment and not helping others, sooner or later, his good karma will run out, just like the god realm. When that happens, I don't think he wants to know what will happen to him.

cookie

• Email
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2015, 04:00:07 AM »
Is it good karma to be born rich ? Is it good karma to be born with the status of a "King" ? Is it good karma to be born with all the powers to do anything you wish to ?
In my opinion if the above birth conditions are used to benefit others , to relief other's pain and sufferings and to altruistically bring others to Enlightment, can we consider it a positive condition or karma. Otherwise if these conditions are used badly, ignorantly and destructively, then it is a cause to go to hell !

Andrea Keating

« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2015, 09:38:16 AM »
This is definitely being in God’s realm on earth.  Having the kind of wealth to spend such a sum of money on roses is not something most people would do.  And to be able to afford getting expensive cars at 14 years of age is hardly a normal consumer behaviour.  I hope they would use the same attitude and behaviour when it comes to helping others in need.

eyesoftara

« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2015, 10:46:43 AM »
This is definitely being in God’s realm on earth.  Having the kind of wealth to spend such a sum of money on roses is not something most people would do.  And to be able to afford getting expensive cars at 14 years of age is hardly a normal consumer behaviour.  I hope they would use the same attitude and behaviour when it comes to helping others in need.

And as it is said in the Lamrim, gods will spend their days having fun and all that money can buy in the case of earthly gods. They will have so must enjoyment and pride that they will not remember to be kind and any kindness (with some exceptions) will be based on their ego that increase their selfishness and suffering. This is the most pervasive kind of suffering that is talked about in the Lamrim. That which all samsaric beings generate negative karma fro future sufferings.