Author Topic: CLARIFYING THE 2 DAGPO RINPOCHES, & TAGPU PEMAVAJRA  (Read 4869 times)

psylotripitaka

CLARIFYING THE 2 DAGPO RINPOCHES, & TAGPU PEMAVAJRA
« on: May 02, 2015, 03:20:33 AM »
There is a slight misunderstanding about this subject of the 2 Dagpo Rinpoche's, Tagpu Pemavajra, who the author of Infinite Aeons is, and who went to Tushita and returned with the close lineage instructions on Dorje Shugden. People are confusing the following people - Dagpo Kelsang Khedrup, Dagpo Jampel Lhundrup, Tagpu Pemavajra.

Trijang Rinpoche's commentary is to the poem called Infinite Aeons, and the author of that poem is Dagpo Kelsang Khedrup, NOT Tagpu Pemavajra, and NOT Dagpo Jampel Lhundrup.

Dagpo Kelsang Khedrup was the Guru of Dagpo Jampel Lhundrup who was the Guru of Je Pabongkhapa.

Tagpu Pemavajra was the Guru of Pabongkha Rinpoche who went to Tushita and brought back the special close lineage teachings on Dorje Shugden.

There are several reasons for the misunderstanding:

1) The names sound very similar, and it is easy to mix up if there is an abbreviated reference  such as  'Dagpo Rinpoche' for instance.

2) Admin of this website made a mistake in the English translation of Trijang Rinpoche's commentary to Infinite Aeons by putting a picture of Dagpo Jampel Lhundrup instead of Dagpo Kelsang Khedrup who is the actual author of Infinite Aeons.

The picture below is Dagpo Jampel Lhundrup, Pabongkha Rinpoche's Guru. He is the disciple of the author of Infinite Aeons.

psylotripitaka

ATTN ADMIN! Re: CLARIFYING THE 2 DAGPO RINPOCHES, & TAGPU PEMAVAJRA
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2015, 09:14:37 AM »
ATTN ADMIN

Here are two sites showing that the picture you keep using for Dagpo Kelsang Khedrup is actually a picture of Pabongkhapa's root Guru Dagpo Jampel Lhundrup. You use the picture for the Master profile of Dagpo Kelsang Khedrub, and at the front of Trijang Rinpoche's commentary.

Reference:

From Dagpo Rinpoche's lineage site: (scroll to bottom area of page)

http://www.gandenling.org/index.php?page=le_venerable_dagpo_rimpotche&language=english

and,

https://truthaboutshugden.wordpress.com/tag/dalai-lama/page/4/

Please remove the image and find a photo of the actual Dagpo Kelsang Khedrup. If you don't have one, I will write to Dagpo Rinpoche and see if they do so we can all have the pleasure of his image.

Thanks.

vajratruth

• Global Moderator
Re: CLARIFYING THE 2 DAGPO RINPOCHES, & TAGPU PEMAVAJRA
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2016, 04:22:51 PM »
Dear Chokyi Dorje,

Apologies for this late reply.

It would be of tremendous benefit and blessing if you could assist with a picture of Dagpo Kelsang Khedrub.

Thank you
VT

psylotripitaka

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2016, 01:06:01 AM »
Hi VT,

Thank you for the replies. I have not been able to locate such a picture. Your best bet to acquire a picture should such a thing even exist, might be to contact the present Dagpo Rinpoche via his personal website link I've provided somewhere in the several threads I've posted on this subject. Best of luck to you.

grandmapele

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2016, 05:03:28 AM »
Thank you, Chokyi Dorje. That was very informative. So good that I actually screen shotted it . LOL..

I always thought there was only Tagpu Rinpoche and Dagpo Rinpoche. Now, I know there's Tagpu Rinpoche and Dagpo Rinpoche and Dagpo Rinpoche!! Now to get the Tibetan names right as to which is which.

Dagpo Kelsang Khedrup was the Guru of Dagpo Jampel Lhundrup who was the Guru of Je Pabongkhapa. So, it was Dagpo Jampel Lhundrup who taught Je Pabongka the Lamrim, whereby Je Pabongka would meditate and internalize the teachings.

And, the well know Tagpu Rinpoche and Je Pabongka wrote the praise to Dorje Shugden though it was Tagpu Pemavajra who astral travelled to Tushita for the teachings prayer from Dorje Shugden himself.

That's so much clearer now. Next step, now to put the right photos in the right place.

Thanks again, Chokyi Dorje.

Big Uncle

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2016, 07:06:18 PM »
Thank you Chokyi Dorje. This is interesting that you wrote this here because I had just had the pleasure of explaining the 3 Takpus to several friends recently about this matter. Part of the reason why they have similar names because in the Tibetan tradition, lamas often assume the incarnation names of tulkus that are named after a provincial area or monastery.

So, it is likely to have several lamas of the same name like in this case. On the other hand, the famous Takpu lama who traveled to Gaden to receive teachings on Dorje Shugden is often simply known as Takpu Dorje Chang. This leaves his identity relatively vague. Just thought I pointed these few things out.

Tenzin Malgyur

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2016, 07:32:17 AM »
Thank you to Chokyi Dorje for the clarification on the confusion I have come across regarding the two different Dagpo Rinpoches. Thanks also to Big Uncle's explanation. Now I am more aware of how this mix-up came about. It is most important to be sure of how and where the teachings of our protector originates from so that we would not be influenced by hearsay spread by some irresponsible parties.

How can a teaching brought back from Tushita heaven be associated with evil worshipping?

Matibhadra

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2016, 02:08:11 PM »
How can a teaching brought back from Tushita heaven be associated with evil worshipping?

The tricky point here is that “evil”, from the viewpoint of the evil dalie and corrupt rimeypas, is anything opposing their petty power ambitions, which includes the pure Gelugpa Dharma.

Gabby Potter

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2016, 05:45:08 PM »
Thank you Chokyi Dorje for clearing the confusion between these 3 lamas, I have always been very confused about these 3 as they indeed have very similar names and plus Tibetan names are not easy to memorise. With you clarifying this, it has made my life so much easier LOL. They are 3 very prominent masters, it's very important to get their names and works they have done right.