Author Topic: Why doesn't the CTA help Nepal?  (Read 4477 times)

Q

Why doesn't the CTA help Nepal?
« on: April 28, 2015, 05:17:18 PM »
Just read this new article on ds.com and found it incredibly true. Why is it after 50 years, the CTA has shown no results in developing their people or even capable of giving aid to the very country that gave them a safe place to stay after being exiled.

If for whatever reason due to corruption, the CTA is unable to give sums of donations that is comparable to other nations, then what about man power? It is very sad to see the CTA spoil their own people by keeping them ignorant... it is sad because that is not how a nation progress. After 56 years of exile, and two generations later, the Tibetans still act like victims.

They have their own opportunities... and many societies that used to be oppressed and also escaped from their countries, have became successful individuals and their second generation have equal opportunities as the locals citizens of the country the immigrated to. So why is it that the same is not happening for the Tibetans? It really is a question to ponder about.

http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/features/why-doesnt-the-cta-help-nepal/

TARA

Re: Why doesn't the CTA help Nepal?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2015, 02:08:58 PM »
The Tibetan Kashag has donated 12,00,000 Rupees (INR) towards relief works in Nepal. Apart from this amount they have instructed for donations to be collected from the Tibetan settlements in India and overseas. I suppose this is the best CTA could do for Nepal during this devastating calamity as they themselves depend on handouts from other nations.   

DHARAMSHALA, April 27: The Tibetan leader His Holiness the Dalai Lama and the Central Tibetan Administration have expressed sadness and solidarity with the people of Nepal which was struck by a massive 7.9 magnitude earthquake on Saturday, leaving at least 2000 people dead and hundreds others homeless.

In letter to the Nepalese PM Sushil Koirala, the Tibetan leader wrote, “The people of Nepal and Tibetans have been neighbours throughout history and many Tibetan refugees live in Nepal. I offer my condolences to you and to those who have lost members of their families, friends and their homes in this tragedy.”

The Tibetan leader wrote that he will ask his Trust to make a donation towards rescue and relief efforts.

Meanwhile, the Central Tibetan Administration has expressed its deep shock and sadness over the tragedy that struck the Himalayan nation, which is home to some 20000 Tibetans.

The Kashag has donated 12,00,000 Rupees (INR) towards relief works in Nepal. The CTA will hold a special prayer session this evening at Tsuglagkhang to offer prayers for those who have lost their lives in the quake.

The Kashag has also ordered its Representatives abroad and the Settlement Officers to collect donations from their respective areas towards relief efforts in Nepal.

The Kashag further instructed all Tibetan settlements, monasteries and communities in Nepal to actively engage in rescue and relief efforts in their localities.

The Tibetan PM Lobsang Sangay said, “At this dark and painful time, words fail to convey how deeply we feel for the people affected in Nepal, Tibet and India.”

https://www.phayul.com/news/article.aspx?article=Dalai+Lama%2c+CTA+express+solidarity+with+Nepal%2c+donate+towards+relief&id=35989

kelly

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2015, 08:15:47 AM »
I agree with what Q said after two generations the Tibethan still do not progress is such a pity especially the younger generation of Tibethan . The Tibethan is the victims for all this mismanagement by CTA.

kris

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2015, 05:30:52 PM »
This is a very well written article, with much thoughts and logic reasoning.

It seems to me that, for the past 50 years, CTA always been only taking from others, but have not contributed much to others. Except for HH Dalai Lama, I have not heard anyone who is really outstanding. That leads to one very important question: How did CTA use the money given to them? I feel that CTA is purposely making their people uneducated so that they are easily manipulated, but that is a very hefty price to pay.

Looking at the history, it is not difficult to find that CTA spend a lot of money in suppressing the Dorje Shugden practitioners; and spend a lot of money in educating people about the issues of Dorje Shugden, including printing thousands and thousands of books to demean Dorje Shugden; and spend a lot of money to have campaign against Dorje Shugden practitioners.

If CTA cannot afford to give a lot of financial support to Nepal, why can't they send the people to help? Or is it because for the past 50 years, they have not been able to produce enough doctors, nurses and emergency rescue team?

I indeed feel very sorry to Tibetans in exile, for they have a government who achieve absolutely no results, and all they succeed in doing, is to put the blame on China and Dorje Shugden.

May be it is time to grow up, own up, and move on?

Shugdener

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2015, 02:20:08 PM »
After reading this post, it really does make me think also...  How ungrateful the CTA have been towards the country that has given them a safe place to stay and seek shelter after being exiled and yet in turn they are doing nothing in return to the people. Irregardless of basic aid, money or etc the CTA has done nothing to ensure that the wellbeing of the citizens.

The CTA has the power to be able to do something good and beneficial for the wellbeing of it's citizens and yet they do not.. what is worse is that they don't even show gratitude to the country and having the mindset that they don't owe the citizens anything.

lotus1

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2015, 07:20:55 PM »
Indeed, the CTA could have done more to support Nepal. I saw that CTA has been requesting for fund to support them. However, why come CTA only gave back so little to Nepal??
If we look at China, they have been very active supporting Nepal by sending rescue team as well as medical supplies. Even in Tibet, in the area that affected by the earthquake, China has been sending team to support them. What have CTA done to support the Tibetan who are affected by earthquake???!!!

kris

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2015, 07:25:39 AM »
It is very sad that another major earthquake (7.4 magnitude) happened in Nepal within just 2 weeks after the 7.9 magnitude earthquake which killed thousands. Many people run out from building because they afraid the building will collapse.

We all should send our prayers to Nepal, and if we can help financially, please help Nepal to rebuild their country.

fruven

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2015, 12:31:32 AM »
This is a definitely very well written article with facts. One of the point is many refugees who have become better economically and socially in 50 years but CTA as refugees is paled in comparison. CTA could do much more and focus on the right things to help the Tibetans which is what the government should do. It seems to me a lot of the financial aids are going for propaganda purposes. This is indeed very bad use of money.