Author Topic: New Trijang Rinpoche autobiography  (Read 3490 times)

psylotripitaka

New Trijang Rinpoche autobiography
« on: April 28, 2015, 03:46:24 AM »
It is quite likely that this new translation by Sharpa Tulku will omit any mention of Dharmapala Dorje Shugden, especially anything confirming that it was this Protector that advised the Dalai Lama's escape from Tibet. I believe there is a second book that may eventually come out that is a biography, and this too will do the great disservice of omitting information about his main Protector.

Previously and regretfully I made mention of this translation being worked on as being more correct. However, I heard from the mouth of Je Losang Tsering (David Gonsalez) that such information would be intentionally omitted. While I do greatly respect this Lotsawa, he and I were in disagreement about the Protector omissions, and I think people should know that if the new translations doesn't have anything about the Protector, it is definitely not because Trijang Rinpoche did not include it! I'm sure the topic will come up especially when they're trying to validate the Dalie Lama's escape. Because Trijang Rinpoche was so close to the Dalie Lama and wrote about many things, do not be surprised if this project was used as a way to re-write and fabricate historical things.

I understand the unfortunate position these translators are in, having great respect for Trijang Rinpoche yet having to appease the Dalie Lama and his people by omitting the truth. Sad.

The correct and full translation provided by Dorjeshugden.com is sufficient for me, but those of you wishing to compare the translations can find the book here for pre-order:

http://www.amazon.com/Magical-Play-Illusion-Autobiography-Rinpoche/dp/0861710770

psylotripitaka

Re: New Trijang Rinpoche autobiography
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2015, 04:56:57 AM »
I suppose I should clarify that it was the Dalie Lama that told the translators that information about the Protector should be omitted. This isn't me making things up; it is precisely what I was told by and Tsering Lotsawa. It is also likely he may not be mentioned as a contributing editor. He did say he didn't want to be mentioned so I won't be surprised.

WeNeedtoTalkAboutShugden

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2015, 10:32:31 PM »
If the truth has been omitted, then I prefer not to purchase this book. No point.

psylotripitaka

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2015, 03:58:07 PM »
If the truth has been omitted, then I prefer not to purchase this book. No point.

Agreed, especially when the unadulterated version is a free download on this site!