Author Topic: Je Tsongkhapa's life story thangkas!  (Read 3463 times)

psylotripitaka

Je Tsongkhapa's life story thangkas!
« on: April 26, 2015, 08:48:13 PM »
Excellent! Remember, when you view these, if you believe it is the living Lama Tsongkhapa inseparable from your root Guru in the space before you, the blessings will be profound! Thanks once again to H.E.Tsem Rinpoche!!

http://www.tsemrinpoche.com/tsem-tulku-rinpoche/buddhas-dharma/15-thangkas-of-lama-tsongkhapas-life-story.html

grandmapele

Re: Je Tsongkhapa's life story thangkas!
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015, 03:47:13 AM »
Whoa....didn't know about the teachings on the thangka of Je Tsongkhapa. Thank you, Chokyi Dorje for the link. This is going to be some reading. Wonderful!

yontenjamyang

• Email
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2015, 08:56:44 AM »
Chokyi Dorje, thanks and will remember that. Will always regard my root Guru as one with Lama Tsongkhapa.

These thangkas are amazing depicting the story of Lama Tsongkhapa from Buddha Shakyamuni's time to Lama Tsongkhapa passing into clear light. It is important to note that Lama Tsongkhapa achieved Buddhahood in the Bardo so as to avoid taking on a consort and this is a very important aspect of the Gelug teachings which he founded.

It will take some reading for me. Thanks again.

psylotripitaka

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2015, 03:33:33 PM »
Yonten, I just want to mention that Lama Tsongkhapa didn't rely on a karmamudra in order to prevent future ordained disciples from damaging ordination vows by relying upon a karmamudra without having the necessary inner qualifications. It didn't mean lay practitioners with proper preparation and attainments could not rely.