Author Topic: Ratna Shugden torma  (Read 3459 times)

psylotripitaka

Ratna Shugden torma
« on: April 11, 2015, 10:22:59 PM »
Not sure if there's already pics up of this, but I'll post this in case anybody wants to make one. I also have drawings and notes for Dorje Shugden Kangso tormas. If anyone is interested in that, let me know and I'll post it.

Kim Hyun Jae

• Email
Re: Ratna Shugden torma
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2015, 07:43:25 AM »
The other common name for Ratna Shugden is Gyenze, a wealth protector for increasing life, merit and prosperity.

Thank you Psylotripitaka for sgaring the picture of the Ratna Shugden torma but perhaps you can upload a smaller size so we can view the picture clearer on the screen, instead of downloading it.

The torma is made beautifully, and do share more of the other tormas used in a normal mid length puja and for a retreat.

psylotripitaka

Re: Ratna Shugden torma
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2015, 04:14:27 PM »
Kim,

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I'm not sure how to reduce the size as I'm in iPad til next week and don't really know how from a computer either. Any tip on that is most welcome.

I will take pics and post regarding the kangso tormas soon.

It is worth noting that there is a generic shape and design that can be used for Protectors, and though various colors can be applied, red typically signifies blood.

Also, there are various stories that illustrate the flexibility of tormas. Though there are traditional tormas, and manuals outlining specific ingredients and so forth, what the most important thing is that we offer tormas, and do so with a good motivation regardless of the ingredients colors or shapes of the foods we're using.