Author Topic: A story about the last sentient being  (Read 3628 times)

psylotripitaka

A story about the last sentient being
« on: March 28, 2015, 04:24:20 AM »
Once upon a time, there was only one sentient being left in the nightmare of samsara. The Guru then gave a question and answer to the Holy assembly.

'If enlightenment is attained in dependence upon universal compassion, and universal compassion arises in dependence upon the appearance of suffering sentient beings, and all the suffering sentient beings have escaped but one, how can the last sentient being generate universal compassion and attain enlightenment?' said the Guru.

He answered, 'the Guru will emanate an entire world and its contents such as suffering sentient beings so that the last sentient being can generate universal compassion.'

In this story, many lessons are presented. In particular,  to me it illustrates the issue of universal compassion and what is known as 'wrong compassion'. It elicits contemplation about our view of what we perceive and conceive and how to correctly discriminate what to do. I bring it up to illustrate a point about the Dalie Lama being viewed as Chenrezig and his reckless criminal actions being continually justified by members of this forum.

In this particular instance, say I am the last sentient being, and though I perceive suffering, someone has told me that it is actually emanated, so now if I develop compassion for these emanated suffering beings, because I know they're really Buddhas emanation, I will develop 'wrong compassion' because Buddha is not a suitable object of compassion. The wind has been taken out of my sails because I conceive they are not really suffering. My ability or power to develop universal compassion is thereby obstructed. What is obstructing it? My view that they are really just Buddha in disguise.

So what is the solution?

Dondrup Shugden

Re: A story about the last sentient being
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 04:34:12 AM »
What an interesting illustration that really got me thinking and my humble opinion is such.

As the last sentient being left, it is pretty obvious that this last being holds very very wrong views.  If the Buddhas are to emanate in order for this last sentient being to realise compassion, the Buddhas will not only do so by just creating the world of sentient beings but also the skilful means for this last sentient being to be awakened and attain enlightenment.

As long as this last sentient being knows Buddha emanations do not have the Karma for suffering, it is about his practice that with enough efforts, his obscuration will be overcome and true universal compassion can be developed.

It is wonderful to even consider that the whole universe can be enlightened, as this is the aspiration of all who has gone to bliss.  However I am also taught that even for one soul the Buddhas will descend to the lower realms to save him or her.

What other opinions, please?

kelly

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2015, 08:10:23 AM »
Very interesting post how wonderful if all sentient being can be enlightened then there be no more suffering, even if there is only one being left I think the Buddha will use his skillful means to help him to overcome all his mind obscuration, do pray for all sentient being can become Byddha the our land can become a Buddha land.

kris

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2015, 06:08:57 PM »
One will have to ask, if this last sentient being a Dorje Shugden practitioner? Well, according to the Buddhism practiced by the students of HH Dalai Lama, it is no longer about "all sentient being". It has been changed to "all sentient being except Dorje Shugden practitioners". If CTA has money, I think they will probably change the Buddha's text and reprint all of them to add in the "except Dorje Shugden practitioners" clause in every Buddha's teaching.

I bring it up to illustrate a point about the Dalie Lama being viewed as Chenrezig and his reckless criminal actions being continually justified by members of this forum.

To me, the ban on Dorje Shugden is not OK, and must be lifted. I have great respect for HH Dalai Lama, and for His actions to impose the ban on Dorje Shugden, it is not to justify it is OK, but the question is, why is Chenrenzig (who is full of compassion) impose such ban and caused so much suffering?

Matibhadra

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2015, 03:36:42 AM »
why is Chenrenzig (who is full of compassion) impose such ban and caused so much suffering?

Because “Chenrezig” became the name given to a gangster.