Author Topic: Video Testimonials of Abuse on Shugden Practitioners  (Read 3163 times)

Big Uncle

Video Testimonials of Abuse on Shugden Practitioners
« on: February 22, 2015, 08:09:44 AM »
I was going through some of the videos of these Shugden practitioners. I was appalled at the abuse and what's incredible is that even prominent Western Shugden practitioners are targeted with threats and abuse. No one is spared for all the nasty things they say and do. Are these people who segregate, hurl verbal abuse and terrorise Shugden practitioners really Buddhists or even followers of the Dalai Lama?   

Watch these youtube videos :-

Tibetan Teenager in New York https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZuNNNHC2E0

Len Foley https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXfAgPoAzys

yontenjamyang

• Email
Re: Video Testimonials of Abuse on Shugden Practitioners
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2015, 09:02:54 AM »
Since time in memorial, all the governments in the world (sigh!), whether it is a monarchy, democratically elected and especially a dictatorship practice some form of abuse and suppression against what they deemed as treason and/or subversive. Traditionally, these suppression is acted on the country's home soil or conquered land. We can see this throughout history no matter how "progressive" or popular these governments were. They say history is written by the conquerors or those in power it can be made very beautiful for their version of the history.

But never in history of mankind suppression and threats been so pervasive than the ban on Dorje Shugden's practice that threaten people in some many country albeit across the usual demographics of race, class and economics. These testimonials are proof of the dastard result of the words of one man and the ignorance of his many followers.

May these abuses end quickly.

Rihanna

Re: Video Testimonials of Abuse on Shugden Practitioners
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2015, 10:24:18 AM »
Below is what The Dalai Lama quoted in his teachings in Amaravati, India in 2005:

If one were to summarize the Buddha’s teaching in one word, we would have to say that it is universal interdependence, of which nonviolence is a natural consequence. Since we are all dependent on each other and all other beings want to be happy and not suffer, just as I do, my personal happiness and suffering are inextricably linked with those of others. This nonviolence does not mean weakness or passivity. It is the deliberate choice of altruism in all our thoughts and actions, so that it becomes inconceivable to knowingly harm others.

My question to The Dalai Lama , with respect: why is it that in two years after that, you back out on your words and till today allowed violence to be inflicted to Dorje Shugden practitioners? Are you also telling non Buddhists that all the violence and segregation is within the context of Buddhism because you as the head is allowing that to continue?