Author Topic: Lama Tsongkhapa's mala, bell and hat  (Read 7282 times)

Namdrol

• Email
Lama Tsongkhapa's mala, bell and hat
« on: January 31, 2012, 08:29:43 AM »
These are mala, bell and hat that Lama Tsongkhapa used before, now kept in Drepung Monastery Gaden Phodrang.

hope rainbow

Re: Lama Tsongkhapa's mala, bell and hat
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 04:14:33 PM »
Oohh... Thank you for sharing this image.

kris

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 07:13:18 PM »
This must be very sacred items... I am just wondering if they have a special place for these items?

Ratna Shugden

• Email
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 04:11:31 AM »
Just gazing upon this picture feels me with peace.

pgdharma

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 01:40:21 PM »
It is such a blessing just to see this photo of Lama Tsongkhapa's mala, bell and hat. Thank you for sharing.

Manjushri

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2012, 10:07:19 PM »
Oh wow, such blessed, scared items.

Just wondering, why are these items kept in Drepung and not Gaden?

Big Uncle

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2012, 03:48:14 AM »
Such wonderful relics of Lama Tsongkhapa. I didn't know Tibetans wear such hats. It looks like a Mexican hat but this one is very holy because it was used by Lama Tsongkhapa. It is very rare to have possessions of Lama Tsongkhapa still surviving because he was such a great renunciate. He received so much offerings but he gave them all away as well and having almost no possessions throughout his life.

Out of everything, I think the mala is the most sacred because it was used by his holy hands to recite powerful mantras and he probably blew millions of mantras onto it. Anyway, all of them are truly sacred relics of Lama Tsongkhapa because he indeed truly enlightened. Thank Namdrol. You have provided very nice and significant photos to this forum.

Dolce Vita

• Email
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2012, 04:59:53 AM »
Wow, this is so sacred. Thank you for sharing, for people like us who do not have the chance to travel to see them in our own eyes.

Galen

• Email
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2012, 07:29:49 AM »
It is a blessing to be able to view this picture of the holy items. The hat looks very unique and I'm sure he looks good wearing it. hehe.

triesa

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2012, 07:31:57 AM »
Hey thank you Namdrol for sharing this picture here. Wonderful to see holy items used by Lama Tsongkhapa and have been kept so well by Drepung.

As I see this picture, I was wondering if the items of Tulku Drapka Gyeltsen were kept anywhere secretly by his attendants then or were they completely destroyed by the ministers of 5th Dalai Lama? I really wish some of his holy items are still here and have been kept safely.

whitelion

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2012, 10:05:21 PM »
It's blessed to even to look at these holy items that used by the Saint Lama Tsongkhapa. I could imagine these are items when Lama Tsongkhapa doing his daily practice. I could imagine Lama Tsongkhapa using the very same mala for his Vajrayogini practice.

Thanks again DS.com for sharing this.

Dondrup Shugden

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2015, 02:33:45 PM »
Thank you for posting such sacred items for us to feast our eyes.  It is a blessing to see such holy items.

The Mala, Bell and Hat of Lama Tsongkapa at Drepung Monastery.

Ringo Starr

• Email
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2015, 07:44:06 AM »
Thank you for posting this wonderful picture. It is good to remind ourselves once in a while that Je Rinpoche is a historical figure which did all the things that he did and achieved much.