Author Topic: The preciousness and rarity of Je Tsongkhapa's teachings  (Read 4838 times)

vajrastorm

The preciousness and rarity of Je Tsongkhapa's teachings
« on: January 23, 2015, 10:33:13 AM »
P.274-275."Liberation in the Palm of Your Hand"
"Of all the tenets of the Indian and early and later Tibetan sects, the most precious and stainless are those that combine the pure view and the practices of both sutra and tantra - for example, the teachings of Je Rinpoche the reformer, the embodiment of Manjushri the protector, teachings that are the purest, polished, refined gold. You have met with them. For such a hting to happen to you is rarer than rare. Je Rinpoche's teachings on sutra and tantra are of unpreceded eloquence..... There have been many praises, but even after days of telling you in detail how these teachings on both sutra and tantra are superior to the others, I would still not be finished. Once a Mongolian gave the Panchen Lama a gift and made prayers for a human rebirth and meet with the Buddha's teachings. The Panchen Lama told him this would happen When he also made prayers to meet with Je Rinpoche's (Je Tsongkhapa's) teachings [in the future] , the Panchen Lama did not say it would happen" .

Thus having attained the rare and precious human rebirth and, rarer still, having met with the precious teachings of Je Tsongkhapa, it will be a great waste, if we don't practice, transform and create the cause to continue receiving these teachings.

Andrea Keating

Re: The preciousness and rarity of Je Tsongkhapa's teachings
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2015, 07:31:59 PM »
Thank you for sharing this teaching of the great master. It made me realised how fortunate I was to have come across the teachings of Je Tsongkhapa, and how foolish I have been not to practice it wholeheartedly.  To my Guru who has given endless hours to teach the dharma, may I request to be forgiven for my lack of efforts to learn and practice. And from this moment onward, may I be blessed to develop the consistency to practice, transform and create the cause to continue receiving these teachings.

sandra

• Email
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2015, 02:02:43 AM »
Thank you for the sharing, this is very very previous opportunity for us to meet with Je Tsongkhapa teachings. I will bear in mind that how fortunate that to meet with  a guru carry the pure Tsongkhapa lineage. I make a wish that my guru long life and all sentient being are able to receive such teachings. May Tsongkhapa teachings continue flourish and spread into ten directions. May I able to meet with my guru many many more life times even is very very difficult.

vajrastorm

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2015, 05:34:31 AM »
Rare is the opportunity to meet with Je Tsongkhapa's teachings. Rarer is the opportunity to meet with a guru, who is a lineage holder of Je Tsongkhapa's teachings. Rarer even is the opportunity to meet with a Guru who is a practitioner of the Protector , who arose to protect and preserve  Je Tsongkhapa's teachings -Dorje Shugden.

Now that we have all three rarest of rare opportunities and conditions to practice dharma to gain liberation and enlightenment, surely we are not going to stay in our comfort zone and let all these precious opportuniites go to waste, much to our detriment?

RedLantern

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2015, 02:57:45 PM »

Lama Tsongkhapa was an open seeker, who learned from the best of the best and questioned everything.
His work represents a synthesis of his vast knowledge and application of the huge variety of Tibetan Buddhist texts and lineages of his time.
Gaining this rare opportunity to gain knowledge alone will not lead me to Enlightenment but the training and practice I receive from my precious Guru will lead me to Enlightenment and liberation.

Dondrup Shugden

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2015, 03:31:17 PM »
Recently I read a book "Introduction to Emptiness" Tsongkapa's Great Treatise on the Stages of the Path by Guy Newland. 

It was amazing how Je Tsongkapa taught about the Conventional Truth and the Utlimate Truth.  Modern illustration like a car is being taught as being emptiness in the Ultimate Truth, but we need to grasp conventional truth first at our level.

This book also talked about dependent arising, without which everything is empty of any inherent value. Mind blowing at my level and the fact that I can even begin to understand a little is because of my recollection of the numerous teachings from my Root Guru who is a holder of Tsongkapa lineage.