Author Topic: Being Ban from Forum  (Read 10059 times)

eyesoftara

Re: Being Ban from Forum
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2015, 04:26:11 AM »
It is scary that any groups or Forum, claims to be on any side of the debate. For E-Sangha to be on any side disqualifies them as a Forum by definition. A Forum can be formed and have an opinion but also must allow dissenting opinions otherwise it will just amount to fulfilling it own view by forcing out other views and basically living in a box; which is the very cause of suffering as taught by the Buddha; ie Ignorance.
Yes, by not listening to others it stem from and leads to ignorance. However. "wrong" and "right" others might be; it is only through listening, analyzing, debating and contemplating that one can be rid of ignorance.

So, to me E-Sangha is basically practicing ignorance.

Rihanna

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2015, 02:51:23 PM »
Dear Rignga, if your comments was of logical discussion and not some meaningless bickering over inconsequential and baseless arguments , I don't see why Esangha should be so paranoid. Isn't that what a forum is for: an online site created for the purpose of allowing discussion??

While Esangha, or any forum admin has the right to ban anyone, I think articles and opinions that have a level of proof and logic behind them should be encouraged especially comments with some references to articles and links.

Those who could contribute to a meaningful discussion, regardless of whether it is pro or against any topic creates a thread of interest over a period of time and would actually contribute to our mutual benefit.

MoMo

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2015, 03:41:14 PM »
E-Sangha had long been known to be an anti-Shugden online forum. What’s the point of getting upset over being ban when posting Shugden related view on it?
You are not the Administrators, moderators and I presume neither had you paid the bill of maintaining the operations of the servers. We should respect their forum rules set down by the owner; it’s their “playground” and their space to voice out.
Similarly, it’s the same over here in DS forum. The administrator and moderators of this site will impose rules and regulations for all to follow. You can always share you opinion here and they had to respect this sacred space of ours!
IMHO there’s no conflict occurred when both side had mutual respect for each other’s space. I’m sure the opposition camp will be lurking around quite frequently to check out our subject of conversation!  ::)

grandmapele

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2015, 06:41:21 AM »
This also should serve to remind us that we should not bash the Dalai Lama too lest we implode too. We should fight to lift the ban without any lama bashing else we will be no better than the Dalai Lama's followers.

This is a spiritual fight where the dharma is to be learned and practiced. I must confess that sometimes, i too get carried away by emotions which I later regret. So, it's back to the drawing board for me to check my mind!

DharmaSpace

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2015, 08:32:06 AM »
E-sangha forum died a long time ago...