Author Topic: Dorje Shugden Practice is Mainstream  (Read 13294 times)

Q

Dorje Shugden Practice is Mainstream
« on: January 07, 2015, 11:10:03 AM »
Contrary to what the Dalai Lama and CTA have been claiming all these while that Dorje Shugden practice is a minority cult, a fringe sec of Tibetan Buddhism However, this is a blatant untruth and a picture paints a thousand words. There pictures here reflect only a small fraction of the activities by the vast population of Dorje Shugden worshipers and as it is, the turnout in one Shugden activity is higher than the total population of Tibetans in exile. Far from being fringe cult it is the core practice of the Gelugpas until the illgal ban.

1) Denma Gonsar Rinpoche's Enthronement in 2014 - 200,000 people turned up for the event

Thousands of tents set up near Denma Gonsa Rinpoche's monastery in Tibet during his enthronement ceremony

Devotees lined up to offer khatas to Denma Gonsa Rinpoche as his make his way to the monastery

Denma Gonsa Rinpoche's entourage totaled to 150 cars, while devotees lined up by the side of the road, all the way from the town to the monastery in the hill side.

2) H.H. Trijang Chocktrul Rinpoche's visit to Mongolia in 2014

A big event, the arrival of H.H. Trijang Chocktrul Rinpoche is covered by major news networks in Mongolia

Thousands of devotees came to greet H.H. Trijang Rinpoche in Mongolia

3) More than 20,000 Dorje Shugden devotees gathered in Chamdo and Kongpo, Tibet; to conduct prayers to Dorje Shugden

In Chamdo:

In Kongpo:

4) 400,000 Dorje Shugden devotees in Chatreng Sampheling Monastery in Tibet

More than 400,000 Dorje Shugden devotees gathered at Sampheling Monastery in Chatreng, Tibet during the the Monlam celebrations. Chatreng is well known for their loyalty to H.H. Trijang Rinpoche, and thus the whole region in Tibet are Shugden practitioners.

TARA

Re: Dorje Shugden Practice is Mainstream
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 03:54:47 AM »
The CTA is obviously trying to pull wool to your eyes and deceive the public when they made the statement that DS practice is minority.  All DS events within and outside the border of Tibet/China proved otherwise. Perhaps CTA has to go back to school to relearn English or Mathematics in order they may use the right word to account for the practice.

rossoneri

• Email
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2015, 08:09:47 AM »
Wow...it is just amazing to witness the sea of people who are Shugden's practitioners and to those people who is claiming that Dorje Shugden practice is minority cult, these pictures shows other wise.

Rihanna

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2015, 10:11:59 AM »
There are also two Dorje Shugden temples in Taiwan , and not forgetting Manjushri Kadampa Meditation Centre in Ulverston, UK. Dorje Shugden practice is definitely not a minority cult!

http://www.dorjeshugden.com/places/first-dorje-shugden-temple-in-taiwan-hualian/

http://www.dorjeshugden.com/places/shar-gadens-new-centre-in-taiwan/

http://kadampa.org/en/centers/manjushri-kmc

dondrup

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2015, 11:17:39 AM »
Dorje Shugden practice is one of the core practices in the Gelug Tradition. Dorje Shugden is the principal Dharma protector to many Gelugpas for hundreds of years.  Dorje Shugden is also a Dharma Protector for the Sakya Tradition!

Which Gelug Lineage lama had not relied on Dorje Shugden? His Holiness Pabongka Rinpoche Dorje Chang, His Holiness Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche, His Holiness Kyabje Trijang Chocktrul Rinpoche, 10th Panchen Lama, Kyabje Zemey Dorje Chang to name a few of these Gelug lineage lamas.  Refer http://www.dorjeshugden.com/category/great-masters/  for the list of other Gelug Lamas who are currently practising, those who are still practising but due to external pressure have to give an appearance that they are not practising, and those who were practising in the past. The list is not exhaustive.

Hadn't Dalai Lama and members of CTA been practising Dorje Shugden before the ban? Dalai Lama and pro-Dalai Lama followers were once staunch Dorje Shugden practitioners! 

These pictures clearly show that Dorje Shugden practice is very popular and not a practice of the minority. Dorje Shugden practice is definitely mainstream.  Dalai Lama and CTA stop telling lies!

Gabby Potter

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2015, 09:29:32 PM »
It's great to see so many Dorje Shugden practitioners! :) I'm really glad that although the ban is still active but there are still so many devoted practitioners out there. May Dorje Shugden be of a benefit to billions of people around the world!! Thank you so much for the information.

Midakpa

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2015, 07:22:05 AM »
This is proof that the Dorje Shugden practice is not a minor practice. Dorje Shugden is a Buddha and if we propitiate him, we will also achieve enlightenment. Dorje Shugden is Manjushri and because of his role as a Dharma protector, he is swift and powerful when called upon to help. This practice is highly beneficial and  looking at the huge gatherings of worshippers, it is very popular in Tibet and Mongolia.

lotus1

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2015, 09:59:47 AM »
This is amazing! Such a grand enthronement ceremony of Denma Gonsar Rinpoche. It’s like a grand carnival and parade that many come to celebrate together. It is definitely not a minority group as claimed by CTA. The lineage and practice of Dorje Shugden is authentic. When I check out the blog on the great masters (http://www.dorjeshugden.com/category/great-masters/),  high attained lamas  such as HH Pabongka Rinpoche, HH Ling Rinpoche, HH Trijang Rinpoche, HH Panchen Lama, etc. Would they be wrong? Definitely NO NO NO. :) 8)

fruven

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2015, 03:48:43 PM »
Seeing these pictures I wouldn't say this a minority practice. What's the big deal about majority? I thought we should respect others regardless of minority or majority. Obviously CTA doesn't think so and that they thought being the majority allows them the license to dictate what they can to do the minorities. Do note that CTA doesn't represent the majority as well because that is not the majority wants. The majority were forced to give up Dorje Shugden practice.

Dondrup Shugden

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2015, 09:43:48 AM »
Seeing all these pictures and the throngs of people on auspicious Shugden Lama events is proof beyond doubts that CTA is lying.

It had been disturbing to me that during worldwide public protests, the banner requesting Dalai Lama to stop lying, now it makes sense to me.  CTA in support of the Dalai Lama is lying.  Lying is breakage of one principle refuge vows.

Now the question arises in my mind are members of CTA buddhists?

DharmaSpace

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2015, 04:39:26 PM »
The CTA and their cohorts can say that Dorje Shugden is a minor practice all they want. The thing about truth is that given time, truth will be revealed eventually. If it was such a minor practice, then the opposition to the ban would have simmered off after 20 years.

But from the news and happenings going on within gelug organisations the number of gelug practitioners who are engaging in Dorje Shugden practice are increasing at an exponential rate. 

kris

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2015, 05:18:30 PM »
It is great to see Dorje Shugden practice is mainstream, with millions of people doing His practice. However, it does not really matter if Dorje Shugden is mainstream or not. To me, what is really important is that Dorje Shugden practice is given to me by my Guru, my Lama. I don't care if there are many people practice, or just a few of us practice.

fruven

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2015, 12:08:00 AM »
Seeing all these pictures and the throngs of people on auspicious Shugden Lama events is proof beyond doubts that CTA is lying.

It had been disturbing to me that during worldwide public protests, the banner requesting Dalai Lama to stop lying, now it makes sense to me.  CTA in support of the Dalai Lama is lying.  Lying is breakage of one principle refuge vows.

Now the question arises in my mind are members of CTA buddhists?

If you mean how Buddhists they are? I think it depends on how much one is committed to being a spiritual practitioner. Regardless if CTA is going back on their on words that the Tibetans are governed  democratically then it just becomes empty words to stay in power.

grandmapele

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2015, 04:56:20 AM »
What does it matter if Dorje Shugden practice is mainstream or not? Does it make it right to persecute the practitioners if the practice is minor. Is it right to trample on the minority? You don't have to be majority or mainstream to be accorded your rights and freedom!

Matibhadra

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2015, 12:12:56 PM »
What does it matter if Dorje Shugden practice is mainstream or not? Does it make it right to persecute the practitioners if the practice is minor. Is it right to trample on the minority? You don't have to be majority or mainstream to be accorded your rights and freedom!

Could not agree more. The obsession with being “mainstream” displayed by some self-styled “Shugdenpa” religionists only shows that they are under the power of the eight mundane concerns, such as praise and fame.