Author Topic: Why does samaya with Dalai Lama override all other lamas?  (Read 8075 times)

kris

Re: Why does samaya with Dalai Lama override all other lamas?
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2015, 07:41:23 PM »
Many HH Dalai Lama supporters only cares about their own samaya with HH Dalai Lama, but they never put themselves in our shoes and think about our samaya with our guru.

So, it is OK for me to break my samaya just because your guru is more famous? Why are you so selfish? If your guru can criticise my guru, does it give the rights for my guru to criticise your guru too? If my guru criticise your guru's practice and ask you to break your samaya, would you do the same?

Let's just have respect for each other and do our practice well. That's the best for all of us.

Gabby Potter

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2015, 02:55:06 AM »
I don't actually think that samaya with HH the Dalai Lama should override all other Lamas. We don't all receive teachings from HH, and what really matters is the guru or Lamas ( sometimes it can be more than one ) who has kindly given us the Dharma and practises, so if we only hold our samaya with HH, then what happens to the teachers who have been spending time talking to us, giving us advice, and have been very caring for us???

pgdharma

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2015, 08:35:42 AM »
It is good that Thaimonk pointed out all this for us to contemplate. I find it completely wrong for Dalai Lama to ban this practice and causing so many people to break their samaya with their Guru. I wonder what retribution Dalai Lama will face or is he an exception as he he has broken his samaya with his Guru, Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche. 

Dalai Lama is so persistent and concern that we should not break samaya with him but it’s alright if we break our samaya with our own Guru. Why is he different or special than the rest of the highly attained Lamas? No one has the right to dictate our faith and practice.  I think it is very wrong and very bad karma to prevent and ban someone’s practice and faith and also it is against human rights as everyone has the rights to religious freedom.

I am glad Dalai Lama is not my Guru as he has caused so much confusion and suffering for many. I will follow my Guru and hold tight to my samaya with my Guru.

Matibhadra

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2015, 11:14:43 AM »
I am glad Dalai Lama is not my Guru

Not yours, not anyone's. The evil puppet is no Buddhist guru, just a CIA-abetted capo mafioso.

Dondrup Shugden

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2015, 02:37:12 PM »
"Many HH Dalai Lama supporters only cares about their own samaya with HH Dalai Lama, but they never put themselves in our shoes and think about our samaya with our guru."

In answering all the questions posted by Thaimonk the above statement by Kris stands out for me the most.

As such I am very joyful that I have never been to a teaching by the Dalai Lama and as such whatever He publicly announces do not bother me as I am one of the lucky ones who have only ONE Guru and he is not the Dalai Lama.

Status and fame has no meaning unless the famous and highly regarded make peace on earth.  Not confusion and segregation.