Author Topic: Dreams  (Read 4491 times)

malini123456789

Dreams
« on: December 07, 2014, 04:36:29 PM »
1.Need some advise on helping unknown people in dreams. I have been experiencing dejavu and dreams that became reality since young. There are good and bad. Is like a TV screen but I am unable help them as they are people that i have not seen or in places that i have not been.

It turns sour when i get news from people that i know describing the same scene that i dreamt. It happens on and off and i am not sure how to help.

I get to know DS and chant daily dedicating to all sentient beings and spirits who needs help. It does control abit but on and off still had dreams. I just wonder anyone had same experience and how do you help those unknown people.

2. Interpreating dreams
Dreamt of all kinds of lama, monks,priest, all religions.
All of them in different colour of robes , some looks ancient,from young to old. It kept appearing  one after another in my dream and i couldnt understand and what was the meaning behind .

eyesoftara

Re: Dreams
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 08:00:02 AM »
I can't help you in interpreting dreams and the most logical answer to why we dream are that the dreams are what we are thinking about consciously and subconsciously everyday. google it and you can find many links about the subject.

What I endeavor to recommend is to do the daily prayers of Lama Tsongkhapa and the Protector Kangsol daily to stabilize of minds and also to do daily meditations preferably the Shamatha Meditation that calm the mind. Please do find the prayers of this site and for the meditation please go to your center and ask the Guru or the senior members to learn.

Finally, I heard my Guru advised, to not take the dreams too seriously unless we are a practitioner of higher practices.

Cheers. Hope this helped.

MoMo

Re: Dreams
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2014, 02:53:40 PM »
What is there any purpose to decrypt any dreams a common run-of the mill person had in life from time to time?
 In the Buddhist scripture, it said that due to delusions we took countless rebirths into six realms of existence since beginningless time. Sometimes, as gods in the fine materials world where we enjoy all the pleasures that could blow our current conceptual mind! Other times as hell beings in the worst of hell that would make us cringe just by having a thought of it. There are nothing that we had not experienced from being a king surrounded by ministers, general and concubines to being an outcast beggar among the beggars that could hardly a one meal a day! All that still resulted into us being reborn again into samsara as ordinary human now.
A dream is nothing but some “residue” of mental activities that we had from the past that stored in our subconscious mind that manifested during our sleep. If we would spend our time and energy to decrypt the dream, it would be wiser to direct this energy into cultivation of virtues and familiarize our mind day and night with it hopefully in future rebirth another déjà vu might occur to bring us back into the path for our own liberation for the benefit of all sentient beings.