Author Topic: Robert Thurman is asking Anonymous to hack into Shugden practitioners accounts  (Read 17952 times)

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
The well known Tibetologist and Buddhist from Columbia University, Robert Thurman, is asking  the infamous Anonymous group to hack into Shugden practitioners accounts! Why would he do that? Isn't that illegal? Where is the honesty and integrity of Buddhists - especially such a close and loyal follower of HH the Dalai Lama? Do the ends justify the means? Obviously Machiavellianism is endorsed to protect the Dalai Lama at all costs. Is it so that they can publish another hit list to expose Shugden practitioners so that a lynch mob (real or virtual) can get at them? What is the purpose?

The International Shugden group who conduct the protests are pretty public... and their names have been on a hit list already. Even though they are protesting peacefully, which is allowed in a democratic society. But obviously, democratic peaceful protests are not allowed behind the scenes of the benevolent Buddhist. Dictatorship and very direct threats to personal safety are more the modus operandi.

Scary to think what else they would do.
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

kris

I agree with @wisdombeing that is not something a buddhist should be doing.

it seems like robert has taken down the tweet, but there is an interesting discussion here: http://arebuddhistsracist.com/robert_thurman_anonymous.html

do read up a bit... if u read the article, there is an award of 50 bit coin, which is equivalent to about US $16,000 being offered to hack into the twittter account. This is not something to be taken lightly. It seems to me that Robert is getting too desperate and even wiling to use illegal methods.

lotus1

It is frightening to know about this. Why would a Buddhist especially one who is close to a spiritual guide, would do such illegal act and seriously invade the privacy of others? Do CTA and the anti-shugden people know there’s the law? Or they think that they are the king and can do whatever they can? Just because of differences in religious philosophy, who give them the right to harm others, both verbally and physically, and now even want to hack others account? Degeneration in Buddhism???!!! …..   :'(

dondrup

I agree with @wisdombeing that is not something a buddhist should be doing.

it seems like robert has taken down the tweet, but there is an interesting discussion here: http://arebuddhistsracist.com/robert_thurman_anonymous.html

do read up a bit... if u read the article, there is an award of 50 bit coin, which is equivalent to about US $16,000 being offered to hack into the twittter account. This is not something to be taken lightly. It seems to me that Robert is getting too desperate and even wiling to use illegal methods.

The ban on Dorje Shugden initiated by Dalai Lama had opened a can of worms! What kind of Buddhist scholar Robert Thurman has become whose mind thinks only of bringing harm to Dorje Shugden followers? The owner of Are Buddhists Racist.com had done a great job reporting Robert Thurman's crime to the relevant authorities and kindly provided detailed steps for others concerned to file a criminal report on Robert Thurman too.

Anonymous Group is capable of causing great harm to the Dorje Shugden movements worldwide especially to the Dorje Shugden-related websites! To seek out the assistance of Anonymous group means Robert Thurman is so very evil!

Robert Thurman's list of known spammers https://twitter.com/BobThurman/lists/known-spammers/members contains predominantly Dorje Shugden practitioners or organisations.  It is clear Robert Thurman has the intention to cause harm to those in his known spammers list just like what Central Tibetan Administration had done to their hit list. Many pure and sincere Dorje Shugden practitioners in this list should be concerned, worried and be in full alert now for their own safety! We do not know what anti-Shugden people like Robert Thurman would do next!  It is advisable for these twitter account holders to quickly report to the authorities about Robert Thurman!

rossoneri

• Email
This is getting from bad to worse, it is becoming an excuse for pro Dalai Lama or CTA people have an license to kill using dirty methods to accuse peaceful Shugden practitioners who simply wanted to continue to pursue enlightenment peacefully is becoming a huge obstacle. By using this dirty methods to exposed the lamas and people who refused to bow down to the lie, whcih can cause harm to them by the Dalai Lama supporters. They don't even have to lift their fingers to do so and deny what will happen then.

christine V

• Email
Robert Thurman as a so call Buddhist could request through online openly to hack into people account, not only is not Buddhist, in term of human right he have seriously offended the law.
Further, Robert is known to be the spoke person of Dalai Lama in the western world. The actions he did,  not only have put Dalai Lama into risk whereby, Dalai Lama as a Noble prize winner could do something like this to violate the human rights.

fruven

This is getting out of hand. As a professor in Buddhism his words and action have great impacts on others. It is sad to see Robert Thurman to use such method to go against Shugden practitioners. I don't think Robert Thurman is concerned with any harm he will cause by soliciting the help of this Anonymous group since he is going at this extend to attack the Shugden practitioners.

Rihanna

This is shocking news! THE supposedly Buddhist scholar is publicly asking a group to hack into Shugden practitioners social media accounts? Isn't he supposed to be close follower of the Dalai Lama, someone in the Dalai lama's camp??? Imagine what else they do secretly. I will not be surprised if CTA used him as a scape goat to make such an announcement or is he actually so ignorant and not know that hacking is illegal and carries a possible sanction of imprisonment? Even if you put law aside, where is integrity and respect? I mean, is this the same Robert Thurman we are referring to here?!?!?

angelica

Hacking is a type of  computer crime. Doesn't Robert Thurman know about this? Furthermore, Robert Thurman is a Buddhist, he should know that any bad intention will result in bad karma. As a Professor for Buddhist Studies and leading American spokesman for Tibetan Buddhism, where is your integrity? Someone like Robert still qualify to teach Buddhism? I doubt it. Please stop committing crime and use your knowledge to benefit others. 

grandmapele

Hacking into any account is unacceptable anywhere anytime, not just within Buddhist community. But, I think I know why he is doing it - out of pure Guru devotion. He is so devoted that he will do anything to further his Guru's cause. Now, if only H.H. the 14th Dalai Lama can show an ounce of Robert Thurman's devotion, the world would be a much more peaceful place!

TARA

Robert Thurman is dangerous.  As a result of his wrong doings there are protests against the Dalai Lama and Robert Thurman. Boston, U.S.A Oct 31st 2014:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TM9tRVHjHT0#t=17

icy

I find this hilarious, don't you?  Robert Thurman stoops so very low.

angelica

I found some quotes by the Dalai Lama XIV on the website:

"I defeat my enemys when I make them my friends."

"The enemy is the necessary condition for practicing patience."

"Your enemies are your best spiritual teacher."

If the above are quotes by Dalai Lama, isn't the title of the book contradict Dalai Lama's quotes?  If we want to make friend with our enemy, we don't hack our enemy nor our friend, right? If enemy help us in practicing patience, we should love our enemy, cos without them, we won't be able to practice. As for Spiritual teacher, we should respect and love our teacher. We don't hack our teacher, how very rude, disrespect and worst thing that one would hack your teacher. Dalai Lama has provided foreward for the book, this means DL agree with Robert Thurman on hacking our enemies. Very confusing, which should be the one to follow?

icy

Have a good understanding of Robert Thurman:

"Four Reasons To Doubt Robert Thurman"

https://www.dalailamanews.com/four-reasons-to-doubt-robert-thurman/

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
Have a good understanding of Robert Thurman:

"Four Reasons To Doubt Robert Thurman"

https://www.dalailamanews.com/four-reasons-to-doubt-robert-thurman/

Hi Icy

Sorry but I couldn't get through to the link.. is there an error?

x
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being