Author Topic: Dalai Lama in Vancouver - October 2014  (Read 6796 times)

icy

Dalai Lama in Vancouver - October 2014
« on: October 22, 2014, 02:57:09 AM »
The International Shugden Community have on 21st October 2014 started demonstrations in Vancouver against the Dalai Lama.  The Dalai Lama was greeted by demonstrators in Vancouver and he had heard the protest message loud and clear.  The Demonstrators were there in the morning's event, and was also the afternoon's.  The Demonstrators will be at everywhere wherever the Dalai Lama goes, until he lifts the ban!  Bravo!

The twitter is an immensely powerful tool to create awareness in virtual demonstration to the world at large.  Do get yourselves a twitter account and start tweeting now!  You can use the picture below to tweet as well as some pictures which I attach below. 

DorjeShugden.Com has a twitter account "@dorje_shugden".  Please do share its tweets to your followers to gather more momentum in creating awareness to this unsubstantiated ban so it can be removed quickly.  It is also a tool where you can promote and protect our lineage and teachings.  Remember Dorje Shugde loves you. Happy Tweeting!

icy

Re: Dalai Lama in Vancouver - October 2014
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 03:08:31 AM »

The Local News reported by Quinn Bender on Tuesday, October 21,2014: Groups wage Dalai Duel

Below is a picture of members of the Lower Mainland’s Tibetan Buddhist community squared off against one another in protests outside the Vancouver Convention Centre Tuesday, as the Dalai Lama himself delivered a lecture inside.

http://vancouver.24hrs.ca/2014/10/21/groups-wage-dalai-duel

At issue was the spiritual leader’s ban on the ancient worship of a deity called Dorje Shugden.

The International Shugden Community, a California-based umbrella organization of Buddhists from all different traditions, organized a protest of about 25 people to shed light on the divisions and escalating intolerance the ban has allegedly created among Tibetan Buddhists.

Aspects of the controversy include whether Shugden is an enlightened being or a worldly spirit.

According to the ISC, Shugden believers in South Asia are routinely subjected to prejudice, intimidation and violence from other Buddhists because of their beliefs. Darren Krout, an ISC spokesman, said the goal of this and other protests planned across North America is to one day gain an audience with the Dalai Lama and begin a dialogue.

“It’s amazing that a man so renowned for talking about religious freedom and interfaith harmony … But by hanging onto our traditions, the Shugden traditions, we’re becoming more and more ostracized from the Buddhist community.”

As the protesters chanted “Stop lying; stop Dalai Lama,” supporters of the religious leader arrived in equal numbers with megaphones, drowning out the protesters with chants of their own.

Some of the counter-protesters said they suspect China’s communist government of infiltrating the Shugden movement with the goal of destabilizing the Dalai Lama’s universal popularity, and dividing Tibetan solidarity.

A spokeswoman, Mati Bernabei with the Canada Tibet Community, dismissed the protesters’ claims of religious persecution.

“What they’re claiming about how this has affected the Tibetan community, I know to be false,” she said.

icy

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 03:21:14 AM »
Photos: Dalai Lama brings message of compassion to Vancouver - The Dalai Lama meets with students and staff at John Oliver secondary school prior to attending the Heart-Mind Youth Dialogue event in Vancouver, on October 21, 2014.
Photograph by: Wayne Leidenfrost, PNG

The Dalai Lama was in Vancouver on Tuesday, Oct. 21, 2014 for two events, the Heart-Mind Youth Dialogue at John Oliver secondary school, in which he spoke to students about their personal experiences with heart-mind learning, and the Heart-Mind Summit with community leaders at the Vancouver Convention Centre.

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Photos+Dalai+Lama+brings+message+compassion+Vancouver+school/10311438/story.html#ixzz3GqA7SN7r

Blueupali

• Email
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 03:34:06 AM »
"What they are claiming, I know to be false".... okay so that is the best counter argument they can do?  I think the main problem is that the western governments wanted this guy to be their anti-communism icon (and hey, me, I like democracy and a social structure like Denmark or Holland, okay, I am not saying this to back communism) and use him like as part of a brainwashing device.  When you see "perfect wonderful, non-violent, monk dude perfect benevolent religious peacemaking Nobel prize winner, you will think commies are bad."  Okay, I dont really need the brainwashing guys, to figure out it wasn't good to take over their country, and I just happen to like freedom of religion and speech--- but what I am saying as an upshot is that it's good to write letters to western government officials to bring concrete awareness to them because otherwise, these days, people just watch the wonderful Nobel prize winner soundbyte where he says all the right words, and then we can like segway to a bank commercial, which upholds our American 'values' or something....

Maleficent

• I Love DS
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2014, 03:28:37 PM »
October 21, 2014 10:36 pm
Dalai Lama stops by Vancouver high school, met by protesters

By Peter Meiszner and Yuliya Talmazan   Global News

WATCH: The 14th Dalai Lama paid a very rare visit to a Vancouver school today.

http://globalnews.ca/news/1626368/dalai-lama-stops-by-vancouver-high-school-met-by-protesters/

cookie

• Email
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2014, 05:38:38 AM »
The protests in Vancouver were all peacefully carried out . Great to see that ! The messages to HHDL from the protesters have always been consistent - please do not lie anymore; please bring down the DS Ban. Some may argue that the protesters are mostly foreign DS practitioners, non-Tibetan, why then are they pursuing a cause which generally does not affect them. The true practice of Buddhism encompasses equanimity and non-biasness towards all sentient beings. If one were to see for themselves the gross discrimination that Tibetan DS practitioners are facing daily in their lives and practice, one will understand how crucial and desperate it is for the Ban to be removed. Protesters have no intention to discredit anyone on a personal level, not the HHDL nor the CTA, but they need to appeal to the conscience of these people to please stop the Ban and allow freedom of religious practice !

icy

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2014, 11:29:28 PM »
Interesting how Canadians view the Tibet china issue: “Our position as parliamentarians and as a government is that they should have the right to exercise their religious freedom,” he said. “We’re not advocating independence, we’re saying there should be some form of autonomy within Tibet so their unique culture and religious freedoms can be exercised." 

I wonder what the effect be after the huge ISC demonstration in Vancouver.  Certainly it will raise an eyebrow to the Canadians if not bring awareness to the conflict created by the Dalai Lama on Shugden.  What are the Canadians views be to be in the know that the Dalai Lama has created the same issue at home on his own people and is affecting the world Shugdenists while criticizing China?

PM not meeting, but not ‘snubbing,’ Dalai Lama on his Canadian visit

Several senior cabinet minister and MPs to attend Friday event with Tibetan spiritual leader in Vancouver

http://www.vancouversun.com/life/meeting+snubbing+Dalai+Lama+Canadian+visit/10319114/story.html

kris

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2014, 10:26:02 AM »
Interesting how Canadians view the Tibet china issue: “Our position as parliamentarians and as a government is that they should have the right to exercise their religious freedom,” he said. “We’re not advocating independence, we’re saying there should be some form of autonomy within Tibet so their unique culture and religious freedoms can be exercised." 

The Canadians' message is clear: While we may or may not be supporting independence, CTA should not deniy their people the freedom to practice. This go to show that canadians are indeed very educated and rational. Though I know it is not an overnight task, but I do pray that Tibetans will one day be more eduated and can think for themselves, rather than just receiving information without analyzing.

icy

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2014, 10:57:03 AM »

icy

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2014, 11:03:28 AM »
Picture found in virtual demonstration in twitter: Canadians have been very interested to hear of False #DalaiLama's religious persecution of #Shugden Buddhists.

icy

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2014, 02:45:37 AM »
More Tibetan youths are out in the open to demand for religious freedom.  They too join in the ISC demonstrations in Vancouver.  Bravo, these youths are defending their rights and protecting the lineage.

thaimonk

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2015, 12:13:22 PM »
I am too far to protest, but I send my good energies to Dalai Lama and hope he speaks with the protestors to settle this huge controversial issue.

I wish peace on this world and samsara. Please Dalai Lama stop the ban.