Author Topic: Amazing street art  (Read 12057 times)

thor

Re: Amazing street art
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2012, 06:56:36 AM »
Dorje Shugden's vajra axe is replaced by some sort of rotten looking ladder and lantern. Anyone knows whats that about?
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-oeVte8DVP_8/T31OcPcFwaI/AAAAAAAAMug/vUsiz29iLeM/s640/IMG_8862_6900240116_l.jpg

Tenzin Malgyur

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2012, 09:39:48 AM »
I like this gigantic mural of Dorje Shugden although this is the first time I see DS in this form. I guess it is the artist's impression of our great protector. There is nothing the CTA can do about this great work of art since it is in USA and the artist is Italian, not Tibetan. Even if DS is banned by the CTA in certain parts of India, DS practice can still flourish in other parts of the world because whatever the CTA says does not affect the rest of the world. Not even in Tibet, which is ruled by the Chinese government.

samayakeeper

• Email
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2012, 04:09:11 PM »
This is awesome! Splendid work of art freely painted and displayed. What a fantastic idea to promote Dorje Shugden. Such methods are great aside from this fantastic website providing loads of information and sharing of dharma among Shugdenpa. It would be so beneficial if Dorje Shugden images housed in chapels could be built where the public may have easy access to information and freebie, like Dorje Shugden amulets are made easily available. People may make a prayer and offer incense and candle. Speaking up for the removal of the ban is very good and at the same time actions shown and mentioned here would expedite the popularity of Dorje Shugden's practice.

Q

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2013, 11:20:15 AM »
Amazing art! I have not read about this news before until today while I was visiting ds.com fanpage on facebook.

Is there a reason for the artist to paint this large mural on the wall? Do you think he knows the image he's painting is Dorje Shugden, or he just happened to found an image of DS and decided to paint a huge mural of DS? It certainly is strange... I wonder what was the reason behind painting this mural to the artist. According to the blog I read, he referred it as a warrior riding a lion.

It truly is wonderful... something like this would never be able to be done in China or India (at this point of time). I appreciate how many countries (including mine) offers freedom of religion.... but I do feel really sad for those that do not have the option and are forced to hold on to a belief system through threats and even force.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2013, 05:46:49 AM »
Amazing art! I have not read about this news before until today while I was visiting ds.com fanpage on facebook.

Is there a reason for the artist to paint this large mural on the wall? Do you think he knows the image he's painting is Dorje Shugden, or he just happened to found an image of DS and decided to paint a huge mural of DS? It certainly is strange... I wonder what was the reason behind painting this mural to the artist. According to the blog I read, he referred it as a warrior riding a lion.

It truly is wonderful... something like this would never be able to be done in China or India (at this point of time). I appreciate how many countries (including mine) offers freedom of religion.... but I do feel really sad for those that do not have the option and are forced to hold on to a belief system through threats and even force.

It could possibly be that the artist is a student of Gangchen Rinpoche, or that the artist decided that the image of Dorje Shugden would look stunning in the streets of italy. With the advent of people tattooing mantras and Buddha images on their bodies, and artists using Buddhist figures and imagery for their works, it is not surprising that the artist who produced it felt that it would suit his message and also on the location that he decided to put his artwork on. Artists usually care a lot about getting their message across so I am thinking that the artist wanted to get his message across via Dorje Shugden's image. Hmmm.

Gabby Potter

« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2015, 03:55:27 PM »
I have never seen this before but this amazing and massive artwork of Lord Dorje Shugden was really nicely done! I think this is one of the best ideas to promote Dorje Shugden to more people, and whoever passes by, seeds will be planted into their mind streams and when the right time comes, Dharma will flourish.

Midakpa

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2015, 11:37:06 AM »
This is great street art. This is also a great way to introduce Dorje Shugden to the world. As Dorje Shugden is a Buddha, it will plant seeds in people's minds. Some people who see this will want to know who the deity is and its origin. They will search the internet to find out more. It is a blessing to be able to promote Dorje Shugden's practice and I rejoice for the artist.

jamyang_sonam

• Email
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2015, 05:06:41 PM »
love this art muchy!! when ancient Protector met with Modern art, perfect combo! I wish more of Dorje Shugden art in different style will appear more. :)

maricisun

• Email
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2015, 03:41:34 AM »
Really amazing street art. Whoever who passes by will be able to see and be bless by Dorje Shugden. Wish there are more such murals around the world.

icy

« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2015, 10:00:49 AM »

Street Artist From Portugal Creates 3D Graffiti That Appears To Float In The Air. 

Can Dorje Shugden take on a 3D Graffiti and float in the air as well?

prodorjeshugden

• Email
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2015, 02:38:55 PM »
It is great to see that someone is doing their very best to lift the ban on Dorje Shugden.
Indeed the Italian street artist who did this must have been very skillful.
You can see the details  are so precise that it seems as if Dorje Shugden himself did it.
And the good thing is that the pesky CTA can't do remove the painting or do anything about  it.
Plus it would be great to have someone do the same thing near the CTA office or somewhere that will hit the CTA hard.
Painting DS in the streets is a good way to plant seeds inside someones mind so they will have a chance to meet the Dharma in the future.
Thank you DharmaDefender for spreading thing amazing news.

grandmapele

« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2015, 06:45:24 AM »
Ensapa, you hit the nail on the head. So well put. This piece of art is not only beautiful, inspiring and moving, it will imprint the viewer and at the moment, no one can really censure it yet.

thaimonk

« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2015, 12:18:22 PM »
It would be wonderful if more of this proliferates all over the world. Art, spirituality and blessings rolled into one. I am happy for the sponsor and artist.