Author Topic: Friends and Followers of Geshe Kelsang Gyatso page on Facebook?  (Read 3094 times)

Blueupali

• Email
Friends and Followers of Geshe Kelsang Gyatso page on Facebook?
« on: October 19, 2014, 04:32:52 AM »
Hello guys,
  I have just started using Facebook regularly in the last week.  I keep finding NKT style facebook pages but they don't seem run by NKT.  So, this one, and also New Kadampa Tradition with some guy named Ike posting everything.... just bring me up to speed here on these, because they are super weird.  For instance I just got a whole bunch of my posts deleted on the Kadampa Ryan page, though I got them back up, at least for now.  Well partly back up; it seems we are not allowed to say the NKT might have like anti-Shugden people who come there sometimes.
  I am just curious what are other people's takes on these groups?  And does anyone remember on facebook they want us to represent who we are?  So if they are lying, is that grounds for removing the page/lawsuit etc.?  I know Facebook told the Deptartment of Drug Enforcment that they have to play by the same rules as the rest of us....
  At any rate, who are Ike and Kadampa Ryan?
  Thanks.

Blueupali

• Email
Re: Friends and Followers of Geshe Kelsang Gyatso page on Facebook?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2014, 05:05:30 AM »
Okay, sorry, here are the links:

Kadampa Ryan: Students and Followers of Geshe Kelsang https://www.facebook.com/groups/45433823612/

The other one the dude may have bumped me off the group, though I am fairly much confused by facebook as opposed to google plus (which would be the sensible choice for the world, but alas....)