Author Topic: Dalai Lama congratulates Malala, Satyarthi for wining Nobel Peace Prize  (Read 6906 times)

bambi

How really nice of HHDL to write and congratulate these 2 Nobel Prize winner! I too, would like to congratulate the both of you as you showed me how things will work out through perseverance, love, forgiveness, care and kindness. How true that although faced with difficulties and condemnation, nothing can change the course of your true motivation, to help others. We really do need more people like you, minus the sufferings of course, to show such excellent examples, that we can be giving, to others without anything in return. Congratulations!

Dharamsala: Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama on Saturday congratulated Malala Yousafzai and Kailash Satyarthi for winning the Nobel Peace Prize, saying the award would serve as a reminder of the fundamental importance of education.
In a missive to them, he said, "I am writing to congratulate you on your being awarded the Nobel Peace Prize. It is a matter of great joy to me that the work you have both been doing in your different circumstances to support children and their education should have been acknowledged today."
To Malala he wrote, "For someone so young you showed immense courage in the stand you took to defend girls' right to education. Later, you again showed tremendous strength as you recovered from the injuries inflicted by those who violently disagreed with you. That you have continued, unbowed, to promote the basic right to education earns only admiration."
Dalai Lama congratulates Malala, Satyarthi for wining Nobel Peace Prize
Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama on Saturday congratulated Malala Yousafzai and Kailash Satyarthi for winning the Nobel Peace Prize.

"Mahatma Gandhi, the father of the nation (India) and someone I consider to be a personal mentor, has been of widespread inspiration across the world, for his dedication to peaceful, non-violent change. I see the award of this prize to you, his follower, as an acknowledgement of him as well," the Buddhist monk wrote to Satyarthi.
He expressed to both awardees his feeling that "the decision to award the Peace Prize to a man and a woman, an Indian and a Pakistani, together emphasizes that only as human brothers and sisters will we create a more peaceful, happier world".
He commended them both for "working to support children who are among the most innocent and vulnerable in society, but who are also the seeds of the future, stating that the future will only be secured if we ensure that children receive a full and equal education".
"The award of the Nobel Peace Prize to both of you serves as reminder of the fundamental importance of education if we are to improve ourselves and create a better world. It is an inspiration to children, girls and boys, everywhere," the Dalai Lama, who in 1989 was given the Nobel Peace Prize for his non-violent struggle for Tibet, added.

Blueupali

• Email
Re: Dalai Lama congratulates Malala, Satyarthi for wining Nobel Peace Prize
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 03:32:29 AM »
Honestly, the Dalai's only motive is as usual, politics;he is trying to make himself look like this peaceful, intelligent man, when in reality, he is really a crook.
  He makes me want to vomit, for real, when he plays politics like this--- so he is supposed to be so into helping the education of children--- blah blah-- then why not treat Shugden families as equals so that Shugden children can go to school, and without harassment (in some cases, they get turned back by anti-Shugden CTA types at the border--- so how can they really receive the benefits of school?)
  The Dalai's only guiding guru is hypocrisy; no wonder he disavowed Buddhas Trijang Rinpoche and Dorje Shugden.

eyesoftara

Re: Dalai Lama congratulates Malala, Satyarthi for wining Nobel Peace Prize
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 04:02:46 AM »
The Dalai Lama was a Nobel Peace Prize winner Himself, winner the coveted prize in1989. That for his work on the liberation of Tibet through peaceful solutions. I quote the part of the Norwegian Nobel committee announcement of the 1989 Peace Prize winner.

The Committee wants to emphasize the fact that the Dalai Lama in his struggle for the liberation of Tibet consistently has opposed the use of violence. He has instead advocated peaceful solutions based upon tolerance and mutual respect in order to preserve the historical and cultural heritage of his people.

At that time there was very little doubt of the Dalai Lama's credentials as the winner of the Nobel Peace Prize. Subsequent to that his ban the practice of the Protector Dorje Shugden and the TGIE/CTA's persecution on practitioners of the practice has resulted in non-peaceful and even violent events that caused families to break up and tremendous amount of suffering in the Tibetan communities in exile.

Critically, even Hitler can congratulate this year's winner and I find nothing wrong with the Dalai Lama's congratulation message but please be reminded that all is not as peaceful as the Dalai Lama would like us to think. Please let us all remind him of that as well via the social media.