Author Topic: Rabten Choeling Switzerland  (Read 4829 times)

DharmaSpace

Rabten Choeling Switzerland
« on: October 10, 2014, 07:45:29 PM »
Rabten Choeling Switzerland
http://www.dorjeshugden.com/places/rabten-choeling-switzerland/

This center under the guidance of Gonsar Rinpoche seem very poised to do greater dharma works and spiritual endeavours. Reading this piece also reminds me to think the kindness of my teacher and seniors who have contributed previously so I have a place i call spiritual home.

dondrup

Re: Rabten Choeling Switzerland
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2014, 04:27:05 PM »
It is Switzerland’s great good fortune that Geshe Tamdrin Rabten Rinpoche had established an institute for Higher Tibetan studies for the pursuit of Tibetan Buddhist practices with a thriving monastic and lay community living in the centre.

Rabten Choeling had played such an important role in spreading Tibetan Buddhism in Western Europe and in producing qualified Western Buddhist teachers. Rabten Choeling had also hosted His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama’s first public teaching in the West. The greatest moments for Rabten choeling were to host H. H. Trijang Chocktrul Rinpoche during his younger days and to continue to maintain this close ties with H. H. Trijang Chocktrul Rinpoche. These are significant milestones in the history of Rabten Choeling.

H. E. Tenzin Rabgye Rinpoche is set to lead Rabten Choeling into greater heights continuing the works of his previous incarnation.

trinity

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2014, 05:24:57 PM »
Thanks DS.com for sharing such wonderful news, rejoice for Geshe Tamdrin Rabten Rinpoche, the founder of Rabten Choeling and the team that work hard behind to make this sacred monastery happen in Switzerland.

To plan, set up and maintain the whole monastery is not a simple job, but through the harmonious working committee and the help of powerful Dharma Protector Lord Dorje Shugden this monastery is manifested to benefit peoples all around the world especially the devoted Shugdenpas.

May more and more DS Lama can learn and spread the Holy Lama Tsongkhapa teaching to ten directions and the Ban lifted soon so we can see more DS monastery around the world (with folded hands).

RedLantern

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2014, 06:31:18 PM »

It is encouraging to see Rabten Choeling Tibetan Temple which is established in the West has quite a number of monks.That shows Buddhism is growing and the sangha is receiving support for it's activity.

Tenzin Malgyur

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2014, 08:00:48 AM »
Thank you DS.com for featuring this article on Rabten Choeling in Switzerland. Rejoice that the group of high lamas are able to continue with the propagation of Lama Tsongkhapa's teachings and Dorje Shugden's practice here in a country that grants religious freedom to its citizens.
The fact that Geshe Rabten Rinpoche was successful in attracting his Western students shows his sincerity and ability to convince the Westerners on the benefits of Buddha's doctrines. Geshe Rabten even managed to garner the support of influential individuals who then started and built Rabten Choeling.
Now that the reincarnation of Geshe Rabten is back with us again, I pray that the practice of Dorje Shugden will continue to flourish from this land.

yontenjamyang

• Email
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2014, 10:30:40 AM »
Western Buddhist students are less sensitive to the DS issue as propagated by the CTA. Perhaps what the Dalai Lama says has some effect but generally less important compared to Tibetans. Hence, Lama Tsongkhapa's teachings and that of the Protector generally can spread faster in non Tibetan sphere of influence.
That being the case, I rejoice in the role that Rabten Choeling Switzerland is playing in the propagation of Lama Tsongkhapa's teachings and that of the Protector. May it spread all over the world.

Dolce Vita

• Email
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2014, 12:51:08 PM »
So it was the DS Lama who first brought HH Dalai Lama to the west to give teachings. They were the one who lay the path for HH Dalai Lama. But HH Dalai Lama has never shown his gratitude to these Lama, instead he condemned DS practice and claimed the practice would harm him. If DS really is against HH Dalai Lama, why did the DS Lamas work so hard in the early 1970's to bring Dharma to the then barbaric places in the West? Why did they work so hard so that they were able to bring HH Dalai Lama's teachings to the westerners? DS is evil? I do not think so.

Tenzin K

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2014, 03:29:32 PM »
It’s always great to see the Buddhist centre growing especially in the other regions where Buddhism is a minority. But at this time, Buddhism is becoming more and more popular due to the logic of the teaching that people able to understand, relate to their problem or situation and most importantly able to realize the meaning of life and how they can liberate themselves from suffering.

Through the hard work of Rabten Rinpoche it’s really inspiring to see the growth of his centre as a Buddhist learning institution where the Lama Tsongkhapa doctrine and protector practice widely spread and accepted. Even The HH Dalai Lama was invited through Rabten Rinpoche to give teaching to the west.

Look at how the Lord Shugden practice spread at Rabten Choeling and if Dorje Shugden practice is wrong considered as an evil practice how can this beautiful centre grow? With what karma can Rabten Choeling grow? Why there are still people supports this centre if they are wrong?
The success of the centre prove what they practice is correct and right.

christine V

• Email
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2014, 05:33:04 PM »
"Rabten Choeling is one of the first Tibetan Buddhist monasteries to be established in the West after the exodus of Tibetans into India" This statement let me remembered the prophecy that Buddhism will spread to the western country.  Thanks to the Lamas who have strong Guru Devotion, strong believe in Dharma Protector and the determination to spread Buddhism to the world, thus Buddhism are able to grow. With the establishment of Buddhist monastery, the place will have Sangha members, Dharma will grow and people around the monastery enjoy the harmony that the dharma bring. May more dharma centers grow in this world.

grandmapele

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2014, 03:51:48 AM »
Thank you for the sharing. This article really grabbed me when I read that this is the monastery and this is the Lama, Geshe Tamdrin Rabten Rinpoche, who first introduced H.H. 14th Dalai Lama to the west and enabled the Dalai Lama to reach out to the west. Wow……
And, to see H.E. Gonsar Rinpoche tirelessly steering forth and growing this monastery with pure guru devotion, is so very wonderful. Praise be that there is such a wonderful spiritual home for so very many who seeks the spiritual path. I prostrate to such devotion, I prostrate to such effort, I prostrate to such caring.

Andrea Keating

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2014, 05:34:16 AM »
Thanks for sharing the article. It’s interesting to know that HH Dalai Lama gave his first teaching in the west in 1979 at Rabten Choeling, a monastery that practices Dorje Shugden. And how come a high lama could be reincarnated if demon practice was involved? Does it mean that the accusation of Dorje Shugden being a demon is incorrect? It does not need much intelligence to know the answer.