Author Topic: A Sad Real Life Story  (Read 11617 times)

icy

A Sad Real Life Story
« on: September 23, 2014, 10:39:24 PM »
A sad real life story in India which is the cause of Dalai Lama's discrimination of a main stream protector practice.  This is one of the many cases Shugden Buddhists in India have to endure as long as 20 years now.  CTA the ban has to end now please.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K2lLe1H4cA#t=189

kris

Re: A Sad Real Life Story
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2014, 07:25:00 AM »
HH Dalai Lama always said there is no discrimination, but there are just so many proofs that He has encouraged the monasteries to discriminate Dorje Shugden practitioners. I have personally heard so many monks who told us stories how they are being discriminated and how their family members are being pressure to disown them just because they are Dorje Shugden practitioners.

In most cases, the victims (those being discriminated) dare not voice out. It is a very brave act for this women to voice out and even being recorded and published on youtube. I am sure CTA will harass her, but with her standing up, she is sending a very strong message to CTA and I personally hope she will inspire many of those discriminated to stand up!

lotus1

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2014, 07:51:54 PM »
It is very sad to hear about this story. This is not the first one that I heard about how Dorje Shugden practitioners are discriminated especially those Tibetan living in India. One of it is the story of this brave lady. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjIVCg38E00  When I met with monks and practitioners of Dorje Shugden, I could hear so many of the similar stories.

CTA has been harassing the Shugden practitioners and family are diverted and they are denied with basic necessities such as education, social, medical etc. They even hurt and harms old monks such as Trijang Rinpoche’s assistants and his Ladrang people (http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/the-controversy/cta-creates-violence-again/)!! 

Who says no bad? Please look at all these evidences of the ban as well as discrimination (http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/features/definitive-proof-of-the-ban-and-discrimination-against-dorje-shugde/)

I really hope the ban would be lifted soonest so that there will be no more sufferings and the Tibetan Buddhists can be united and do their spiritual practice.

Maleficent

• I Love DS
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2014, 01:51:10 AM »
Yes, this is very sad indeed as a result of discrimination of a world peace icon.  It is so shocking and unbelievable.  Fortunately her faith with Dorje Shugden is steadfast and is not shattered.  Dorje Shugden's blessing is shinning on her and she has a happy ending now.

vajrastorm

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2014, 02:40:08 AM »
A sad story, but nevertheless an inspiring one. This lady's courage, in the face of such daunting threats to her life and safety , is most remarkable. She did not bow to the threats. She has such great faith and conviction regarding her practice of Shugden.

She also shows to her children and others what it means to honor a commitment. She had a commitment to practice Shugden, as her late husband had passed it to her. She is also invincible in her strength of devotion to her own Guru. HH Dalai Lama is not her Guru; her devotion is directed to her own Guru, which is the correct thing to do. it's wrong of the CTA who came to threaten her about Dalai Lama and taking her to court, and the like, to use such bullying tactics on a lone and defenceless woman.

She faced the pain of being left alone by her own children, who just deserted her because they were afraid of the CTA. She and her children had earlier faced physical abuse and violence from the Dalai Lama's men.

It is good and comforting to know that she finally found a home and her peace in Shar Gaden.

She is just one sad story of pain and violence and inhuman discrimination caused by the ban.

Rihanna

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2014, 05:45:08 PM »
I had tears in my eyes as I was deeply moved by the courage of Ama la. This lady, even though  uneducated, spoke so logically and bravely. Shame to the bullies who came to her house to threaten and then beat her up. It is so sad to see that something as pure as Buddhadharma practice can become so painful for the sincere people of Tibet. It is ridiculous that people have to leave family homes, break up with their family members and live in fear to practice and develop their spirituality. The ban is so despicable.

yontenjamyang

• Email
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2014, 08:51:16 AM »
Ama la's story is sad and at the same time inspiring. Inspiring because, as the result of her steadfastness in her practice and her respect for her beloved husband, she continued her practice. Sad because the CTA and the ignorant Tibetan community has caused even her children to finally abandon her out of fear of persecution from the CTA.
It is this type of proof that is occurring everywhere in the exiled Tibetan community that the world need to see and question the Dalai Lama and the CTA about. It is just common sense. It is not about going to the courts to proof the discriminations. It is about the living examples. Many examples has already been documented and it is time for the world to condemn the actions of HHDL and the CTA.

angelica

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2014, 03:22:58 PM »
This is instead a sad story that due to discrimination on the Dorje Shugden practitioner. This has caused the poor lady to suffer and with a broken family. But her faith and her commitment on Dorje Shugden has finally bring her peace, happiness and the place to stay and at the same time she got she chance to gain merit by servicing at the monastery. 

Ama La is such an inspiration for us. She inspired us to be strong and do not give up even though obstacles are in front of us. Is worth fighting for what we know is true. One day we will see the light of happiness shining on us. We know that if we continue with our Dorje Shugden practice and stay united to fight against the ban, the ban will be lifted soon.

DharmaSpace

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2014, 06:04:58 PM »
One can't but feel that in a way this ban is helping us to collect merit and purify our negative karma, and in a way to determine people who are really devoted to the path laid out by Je Tsongkhapa and enhanced by Dorje Shudgen.

Due to the ban we all had to learn so much about our Gelug lineage and the historical context about Je Tsongkhapa tradition and all the fantastic lamas within our tradition what fortune we have to be a disciple of the Gaden tradition at this time and gain access to the structured teachings of Je Tsongkahapa. There is no better time like today to engage in dharma practice.

maricisun

• Email
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2014, 09:53:28 AM »
Indeed a sad but very inspiring real life story. She has lived up to her commitment to her own Guru and has shown strong Guru devotion even when she was left alone to defend herself.
Her faith and devotion to Dorje Shugden finally bring her peace and happiness as she is now able to stay at the monastery at Shar Garden.
This shows that if all of us persevere and stay strong and devoted the ban will be lifted soon.

vajrastorm

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2014, 01:18:12 PM »
This is just one of so many sad stories we are hearing of how the ban on Shugden practice and religious discrimination has led to families breaking up, to threats of violence. Fortunately, this story has a happy ending.

Despite being harrassed and threatened  ,Ama Tsekyi, held her stance on Shugden worship. Left alone, after being deserted by her children, she was forced to seek help from Kundeling Rinpoche. Finally, she finds a lasting home in Shar Gaden, much to her happiness. But for one story with a happy ending, there are so many with tragic endings.

The ban must be lifted.

MoMo

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2014, 03:00:57 PM »
Amala’s story was truly an inspiring one as most of us probably had recited the Yonten Shigyurma. In one  of the stanza Je Tsongkhapa stated that we should hold the practice assigned by one Guru even at the sake of one’s life, Amala in her speech claimed that she is willing to give up everything just for the sake of her commitment to her Guru to do her practice and also to honor her late husband. Having gone through all the hardship of life can throw at one , she still emerge being cheerful and positive that her practice will eventually lead her to something greater.

kelly

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2014, 05:52:26 AM »
What a brave women very devoted practitioner even life threatening situation also did not give up her practice very good example for us to learn and contemplate on her determination . I think she is one of the practitioner that we know who suffer so much I think they are many more who suffer as much as her because of the ban . We as a DS practitioner need to work together to lift the ban.

Tenzin Malgyur

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2014, 02:23:28 PM »
Such a distressing story with a positive ending. Amala is a very courageous woman and also a devoted believer of Dorje Shugden. Even though she was abandoned by her daughter who was probably influenced by her husband to cut her relations with Amala, Amala was not angry and bitter with her daughter and son-in-law. She accepts the fact that they have to do that to avoid getting into trouble with the CTA. The ban on the practice of Dorje Shugden has split Amala from her children.
This illiogical ban must be lifted so that many more families like Amala's do not continue to suffer unnecessarily.

pinecone

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2014, 02:52:09 PM »
Amala’s  boldness and determination in continuing her practise of Shugden has definitely inspire and bring lights to all Shugden practitioners never to give up this precious practice . Despite receiving all tortures , discrimination and worse of all neglected by her own children, this never deter Amala from her Shugden’s practice. My salute to Amala and all Shugden practitioners who have to bear with all the sufferings and their strong  faith in the King Dharma protector !!  The ban has to be lifted and the followings  are my prayer specially dedicated to all Shugden practitioners  :-
 “May all sentient beings have happiness and its causes,
May all sentient beings be free of suffering and its causes,
May all sentient beings never be separated from bliss without suffering,
May all sentient beings be in equanimity, free of bias, attachment and anger.” _/|\_