Author Topic: How Dakinis Die  (Read 8058 times)

icy

How Dakinis Die
« on: September 08, 2014, 06:38:51 AM »
Never doubt the existence of dakinis living in our modern era and in sophiscated modern cities.  Do not think they only exist in the remote places in the Himalayas region but they could be your friendly neigbour living next door in New York City. 

There are numerous report of the rainbow phenomena that occurs when a great being dies in New York and New York City.  These phenomena do not only happen to male practitioners! They can occur when female enlightened beings pass away as well.

http://saraswatibhawan.org/how-dakinis-die/

Blueupali

• Email
Re: How Dakinis Die
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 11:44:42 PM »
That is totally awesome:).  I wonder if people in New York were bemused at the site of what would to them be random rainbows....:)

grandmapele

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2014, 03:01:17 PM »
Thank you for sharing. Not many people know of the significance of unheralded rainbows over seemingly bright days. Doubt too that many really noticed the beautiful rainbows in the sky.

bambi

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2014, 03:03:21 PM »
Wow! I do not doubt that She is a highly realized being. Did some reading on Kyabje Dudjom Rinpoche and Sangyum Rikzin Wangmo. Interesting...

"Generally in our tradition, it is known that when a terton leaves his body, his Dakini consort follows. She had many visions and situations where she was invited by the Dakinis to leave her body to come to their Buddhafields, but she refused, saying she still wanted to be with her children. Once again I thank her for her consideration for being with us as long as she has been. I have no doubt that she has the full power to leave her body whenever she chooses." Her son, Shenp’hen Dawa Norbu Rinpoche

"Often Sangyum Kusho would have visions in which dakinis would appear and grant prophecies that would lengthen Dudjom Rinpoche’s life. When I used to request him for a divination, he would tell me to ask Sangyum Kusho, and said she was better than him at divinations. It was thanks to one of her predictions that Kyabjé Trulshik Rinpoche was able to avert an obstacle to his life, and many are the occasions when she has given me prophecies, and warned me of potential hazards." - Sogyal Rinpoche

Kyabje Dudjom Rinpoche or Dudjom Jikdral Yeshe Dorje (1904-1987) — one of Tibet’s foremost yogins, scholars, and meditation masters. He was recognized as the incarnation of Dudjom Lingpa (1835-1904), whose previous incarnations included the greatest masters, yogins and panditas such as Shariputra, Saraha and Khye'u Chung Lotsawa. Considered to be the living representative of Padmasambhava, he was a great revealer of the ‘treasures’ (terma) concealed by Padmasambhava. A prolific author and meticulous scholar, Dudjom Rinpoche wrote more than forty volumes, one of the best known of which is his monumental The Nyingma School of Tibetan Buddhism: Its Fundamentals and History.

Tenzin Malgyur

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2014, 10:44:40 AM »
This is an amazing account of a dakini living amongst us in the heart of a big city. As stated, we would always expect holy beings such as a dakini to reside in the holy mountains. The beautiful and distinct rainbows appearing over New York City on a few days as the dakini was in clear light meditation is also another sign of a holy being passing away from this world. I wondered if the earth did shake and tremor in the area as it is also an indication that a highly attained being has passed away.

eyesoftara

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2014, 06:46:19 AM »
There is no difference in the ultimate sense of the gender of enlightened beings. Whether the being manifest as male of female is due to karma and propensity on the observers' side ie us the humans/sentient beings. When Tara made the promise to always manifest as female, She was not being a feminist but rather to benefit the female gender by showing that female can attained enlightenment in the female body despite some extra disadvantages compared to the male body. Added to this there are disadvantages also for the female in society.
So it is not surprising that we see rainbows when a dakini passes on she have an enlightened mind as must as a "male" enlightened" mind. There is not difference ultimately in the mind.

maricisun

• Email
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2014, 02:22:00 PM »
Totally amazing. Imagine having a rainbow appear out in the blue and in a big city as well.
Thank you for this beautiful sharing that this is a sign when Dakinis passed away.

RedLantern

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2014, 03:44:59 PM »

Thank you for sharing these beautiful pictures.Truly amazing phenomena of Enlighten activity, that shows a sign with rainbow appearing in the bright blue sky. Rainbows only appear after a rainfall when the air in the atmosphere is filled with raindrops.

Tenzin K

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2014, 04:07:36 PM »
The Venerable Dudjom Sangyum Kusho Rigdzin Wangmo, The Sangyum of H.H. Dudjom Rinpoche and a true Dakini, passed away on  27th of August at 5.55pm, and she is currently resting in the post-death meditation known as the state of Thukdam. In keeping with her wishes , there will be no grand ceremonies held.

Sangyum Kusho lha spent the last couple of decades in strict retreat, at Dudjom Rinpoche's NYC Dharma Center and home, Yeshe Nyingpo. In the long life prayer composed for her by Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche, he refers to her as an emanation of Yeshe Tsogyal and "supreme pure-awareness holder, sovereign of dakinis". Now is a profound time to make a connection with her wisdom-mind through practice. Vajrasattva practice is encouraged.