Author Topic: Manjushri Kadampa Meditation Centre  (Read 7516 times)

Q

Manjushri Kadampa Meditation Centre
« on: August 31, 2014, 09:43:26 PM »
Okay, I thought I would only love traditional Tibetan temples, but after looking at Manjushri Kadampa Meditation Centre (MKMC), I changed my mind. I can't help admiring the temple for World Peace; it is simplistic, neat and tastefully done. Geshela must have put so much care and thought into the design, and it's wonderful because this is where many people receive Dorje Shugden initiations.

Read about this beautiful temple: http://www.dorjeshugden.com/places/manjushri-kadampa-meditation-centre/

You can view more pictures on their FB Fan Page, remember to Like it! https://www.facebook.com/manjushrikmc

dondrup

Re: Manjushri Kadampa Meditation Centre
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 04:57:03 PM »
Dear Q, 

Agreed.  The Kadampa Temple for World Peace is simply breathtaking! In actual fact, Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso has built the Temple for World Peace at Manjushri Kadampa Meditation Centre based on the mandala of Buddha Heruka. The Temple itself is a representation of an enlightened being’s Pure Land - an enlightened heaven.  It is Buddha Heruka Pure Land!  If you checked further, Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso is said to have accomplished Heruka!

More information is available at this link: http://nkt-kmc-manjushri.org/wp-content/uploads/Kadampa-Temple-Guide-Booklet-2013-05-for-web.pdf. 

jamyang_sonam

• Email
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 05:12:25 PM »
very elegant and beautiful Meditation Centre. Buddhism in a modern yet simplistic way spreading Dharma in Western Country like UK. May Geshe La works and Dorje Shugden Practice spread far and wide.

DharmaSpace

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 05:10:33 AM »
I've have always enjoyed the books from NKT, they are well written thought of, concise straight to the point.

I feel that every word in their book convey a lesson and dharma. No words are used to convey anything but the dharma. I wish some would donate NKT books to me me me......

Oops my 'greediness' has shown through. 

Thank you Geshela for your hard work to spread the buddha dharma.

rossoneri

• Email
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2014, 08:20:12 AM »
It is great to know that there are so many masters and centres around the world did not gave up the practise which was past down to them for generations. Dorje Shugden practitioners did not back down or gave up the practise not because we do not respect H.H.T.D.L, we did not gave up not because we do not love Him and wanted to shorten His life. We continue to practise is because we felt the ban and the reason behind the ban is illogical and lack of evidence and concrete proof to show us why we should not be practising this enlighten protector which was practised by most of the Gelug masters for 350 years.

Rihanna

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2014, 11:09:05 AM »
I agree with Q that The World Peace Temple is tastefully done. Understated elegance. Situated next to a large historic house, Kadampa Manjushri Centre, which sits in 70 acres of land  that extends to the peaceful shores of Morecambe Bay. Venerable Geshe Kelsang has given hundreds of teachings and empowerments in this beautiful temple. I wonder if this iconic design is duplicated in other parts of the world?

angelica

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2014, 01:57:31 PM »
The Meditation Centre is very beautiful and provide a serene environment for meditation.

Sharing the video on the making of the temple. Really impressed with the design of the temple, the Buddha statues and adronments of the temple.

http://nkt-kmc-manjushri.org/video-making-uk-buddhist-temple

The temple has a very modern design, eventhough for someone who is not seeking for spiritual practice, one can still enjoy the peaceful environment and the art piece in the World Peace Temple. May the Buddhist teaching and the Kadampa Manjushri Center continue to grow in the West. Rejoice on their achievements.

kelly

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2014, 08:29:22 AM »
Rejoice for those who involved in this project. Very modern design and the retreat center is well organize I love it. The environment of this center is so serene and really can feel the peace in this kind of environment.

grandmapele

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2014, 07:48:53 AM »
The Kadampa Meditation Centre looks very fuss free and serene. I'm sure it will benefit many who pass through it's 4 doors. The fact that it looks modern with  traditional elements is very inviting. May the ban be lifted so that many can go to this beautiful holy place without fear of retribution.

lotus1

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2014, 12:15:06 PM »
Oh my Buddha! The Manjushri Kadampa Meditation Centre (Manjushri KMC) and the Kadampa Temple for World Peace are so beautiful! Modern, yet serene, tranquil and look aesthetic!
Most of all, Manjushri KMC trained teachers that would spread the precious Dharma. Rejoice to see that Dharma spread to benefit more people.
From the growth of Manjushri KMC, there is no doubt that there is no harm to practice Dorje Shugden as he is supporting the growth of Lama Tsongkhapa teaching and making the Dharma spread far and wide!

gbds3jewels

• Email
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2014, 11:03:20 PM »
Wow, what an amazing and breathtakingly beautiful centre. I would definitely make it a priority to visit MKMC when I'm in England. The world is changing and Buddhism is a religion that can flow with time without compromising its core teachings. That's what makes Buddhism so attractive to the West and in modern times like today. Time itself in Buddhism is conceptual. I rejoice for NKT.

maricisun

• Email
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2014, 03:49:27 PM »
The Manjushri Kadampa Meditation Centre is awesome and breathtaking. Rejoice for Geshe La and all who contributed to the building of this magnificent Centre.
May the ban be lifted so more people are able to visit this lovely place without fear and practice openly.

Kim Hyun Jae

• Email
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2014, 03:52:57 PM »
A dharma centre is a place of worship, to practice, to learn, meditate and benefit countless beings on its land. The Manjushri Kadampa Meditation Centre befits its purpose as a location for dharma to flourish now and towards the future. Rejoice for the continuation of such beautiful centres to be of benefit to many.

pgdharma

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2014, 10:39:20 AM »
Totally agreed with Q that the Kadampa Majushri Meditation Centre is very nicely and tastefully done up. It is a well renowned center for meditation as the environment is peaceful and offers many programs throughout the year.  It is here that special events are held and during the Spring and Summer festivals many people all over the world congregate to attend the teachings and empowerments by Ven Geshe Kelsang Gyatso.

RedLantern

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2014, 04:57:31 PM »

The Manjushri Kadampa Meditation Center is a fantastic building set in  stunning grounds. It is peaceful and tranquil. A magnificent place renowned for it's meditation practice. May Buddhism flourish and the ban be lifted.