Author Topic: Who is the heckler (Shugden or no?) in video at Hamburg teaching?  (Read 35662 times)

empowerment

Re: Who is the heckler (Shugden or no?) in video at Hamburg teaching?
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2014, 10:00:08 AM »
I lack faith in the Dalai Lama.  Sometimes we have people who come to the NKT who don't really seem to ever intend to do anything other than become "survivors."

So what? We don't know anybody's intention except our own. What is the point of thinking like this.  It sounds paranoid, sorry to say.
I lack faith that the ISC has always made the best choices.  Some of the choices the ISC have made come from the NKT.

Again. so what?  At least ISC is applying practical action to raise awareness and to put the spotlight on the false dalai lama.  And why shouldn't the NKT make choices - it is part of the ISC...?

But according to this "logic" we are doing a practice which is very nonvirtuous, though the very best Gelugpa lamas did/do this practice.  They can misdirect us, right, away from this practice because we are not "smart enough" to do what their um (gag) infallible guru said people should do, so it is okay, right for them to come to NKT centers, pose as people who really are interested in actually being a genuine practitioner, but the whole time trying to convince everyone we are a cult.  It's fine, right?  I mean, according to them it's not like we have dharma that they are interfering with.... so just lie and act like Geshe-la thinks that medicine is bad, or that they have been brainwashed into other nonsense that the Ven. guru Geshe-la absolutely didn't teach.

This sounds to be very far-fetched to me....double-agents in Dharma Centres!  Why bother.  Have you met any; or is this just your own imagination working overtime?  Please tell us your practical experience.

but if we have a bunch of guys running around trying to cause problems, who demonstrate their unwillingness to bring the right points at the right times (like some of the ISC spokespeople from the U.S.--- left a lot of the really important stuff out about the actual human rights violations).  Then they want to ask for these same people to have a dialogue with the DL?  Okay, how about with Sonam Rinchen or somebody.... not somebody who will let the Dalai Lama off, or make us look bad....

First off, there isn't anybody running around trying to cause problems except the false DL and the CTA!

What were the violations the ISC left out?  Why don't you publicize them yourself?

I don't know Sonam RInchen.  Have you contacted anybody to put his/her name forward to appear publicly asking questions to this false lama?

To clarify:  I like that we protest, I love Ven. Geshe-la (founder of NKT) but I do not for one second believe we have people who are uninterested in making the Dalai Lama look good, to protect his reputation, to help destroy this practice, who are in the ISC and NKT

OK you believe something I find amazingly difficult to understand.  Would you care to elaborate with observable facts please and not just your imaginings?

lotus1

« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2014, 11:47:30 AM »
Interupting the Dalai Lama is not helpful; it is rude and antagonises people. I agree with the question but we need to maintain a respectful attitude at all times. I wanted to hear more of an answer than he was able to give.  Hopefully, the next time we get to have a better dialogue and ensure that the ticket cost is well spent.

I fully agreed with Icy. That’s a great question to ask His Holiness Dalai Lama. However, it is just a pity that he kept interrupting until HH is not able to answer the question.
I am not sure if it is a setup. It could be because this is making the Shugden practitioners look bad and unprofessional. ISC has been very professional and peaceful during the protests. This is not their style.
I hope the next time we get to have a good dialogue on this Shugden conversation. Even if HH is lying, we get to have him recorded and not just left it unanswered like this time.

empowerment

« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2014, 12:12:07 PM »
I fully agreed with Icy. That’s a great question to ask His Holiness Dalai Lama.

Even if HH is lying, we get to have him recorded and not just left it unanswered like this time.

Please take a good look at the many recordings, videos etc and you will see that he is lying.  That is not in dispute.

What is needed is to show others that he is just an ordinary person and that his lies can be refuted by anybody with a small amount of logical thinking.

Right now he obfuscates and confuses with long complicated explanations.  What we need is for the ordinary people to feel they can question his reasoning.  So telling him publicly that he must stop lying was a very very good way of helping people to see this.  Like I said before, no cheering and clapping happened when this questioner was thrown out of the talk - indicating people are now beginning to think there must be something valid about what the questioner is asking.

More of this please!

Blueupali

• Email
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2014, 04:46:38 PM »
I lack faith in the Dalai Lama.  Sometimes we have people who come to the NKT who don't really seem to ever intend to do anything other than become "survivors."

So what? We don't know anybody's intention except our own. What is the point of thinking like this.  It sounds paranoid, sorry to say.
I lack faith that the ISC has always made the best choices.  Some of the choices the ISC have made come from the NKT.

Again. so what?  At least ISC is applying practical action to raise awareness and to put the spotlight on the false dalai lama.  And why shouldn't the NKT make choices - it is part of the ISC...?

But according to this "logic" we are doing a practice which is very nonvirtuous, though the very best Gelugpa lamas did/do this practice.  They can misdirect us, right, away from this practice because we are not "smart enough" to do what their um (gag) infallible guru said people should do, so it is okay, right for them to come to NKT centers, pose as people who really are interested in actually being a genuine practitioner, but the whole time trying to convince everyone we are a cult.  It's fine, right?  I mean, according to them it's not like we have dharma that they are interfering with.... so just lie and act like Geshe-la thinks that medicine is bad, or that they have been brainwashed into other nonsense that the Ven. guru Geshe-la absolutely didn't teach.

This sounds to be very far-fetched to me....double-agents in Dharma Centres!  Why bother.  Have you met any; or is this just your own imagination working overtime?  Please tell us your practical experience.

but if we have a bunch of guys running around trying to cause problems, who demonstrate their unwillingness to bring the right points at the right times (like some of the ISC spokespeople from the U.S.--- left a lot of the really important stuff out about the actual human rights violations).  Then they want to ask for these same people to have a dialogue with the DL?  Okay, how about with Sonam Rinchen or somebody.... not somebody who will let the Dalai Lama off, or make us look bad....

First off, there isn't anybody running around trying to cause problems except the false DL and the CTA!

What were the violations the ISC left out?  Why don't you publicize them yourself?

I don't know Sonam RInchen.  Have you contacted anybody to put his/her name forward to appear publicly asking questions to this false lama?

To clarify:  I like that we protest, I love Ven. Geshe-la (founder of NKT) but I do not for one second believe we have people who are uninterested in making the Dalai Lama look good, to protect his reputation, to help destroy this practice, who are in the ISC and NKT

OK you believe something I find amazingly difficult to understand.  Would you care to elaborate with observable facts please and not just your imaginings?

Okay, well, I will give you some food for thought.  When we see the panel discussion from Carol of the NKT survivors, do we buy that she was ever intending to really be NKT?  Or do we notice that she is most likely just coming to cause problems at the Center, act like she's in a cult to everyone afterwards?  I don't know Carol, but I definately have met people at NKT centers that act like they are interested in being in the NKT while we are inside the Center, but then "befriend" newer people (like me) who show up, try to get us to go anywhere but the NKT, ask me if we really should be doing this practice if H.H. DL doesn't like it (Shugden) etc..  Then when we are at the Center and in front of resident teachers, they say something else.  Please note that the survivor Carol was both ordained and taught and stayed in the NKT she claims for 7 years.  This means to me that we sometimes don't pick the best people.  I think it would be difficult for Venerable Geshe-la to oversee every teacher of every class over all these years, at least not without displaying miracle powers, because he has had to stay in hiding in order to keep from being killed by fanatical Dalai Lama people.  Furthermore, he is no longer the manager of everything, as he is retired. 
  I notice the number of such people who try to convert "newbies" or otherwise act unconvincing about Dorje Shugden (like being scared of eating the tsog for the first two years they were there) have increased in the last 3 years or so.
  As far as contacting the ISC to suggest they request Sonam Rinchen to dialogue with the DL, I have to say that it is quite difficult to actually email the ISC.  It was a little disconcerting that the protests went from WSS to ISC but without warning.  The San Francisco NKT Center's newsletter only said they were taking a break from classes for a few days, no reason given why.  The same at the Los Angeles Center, it just said the class during a protest time was cancelled.  There were only one hundred to 150 people at the protests in a city as large as Los Angeles?  How would people have known about them?  I don't regularly check the DL's webpage because I don't follow the guy.  I have emailed the WSS on more than one occasion offering information, offering to protest, offering to help write if they need it, but they have never responded at all.
  The spokespeople they picked for the first protests did not refer to major aspects of the ban to the American press; they played it down a lot, and I notice they didn't refer to Dorje Shugden as an enlightened diety, but just a 'diety' which even Thurman and the DL say. 
  Anyone can say anything, anyone can join a Center, and even people who become NKT survivors are allowed to teach or manage.... how would Geshe-la oversee that when he at the head of the top ten most wanted (please live for a very long time Geshe-la) dead people by the DL people. 
  So, okay, I guess if they are willing to kill someone, then I wouldn't be so surprised that they are showing up sometimes and lying about their affiliaton (DL people), though I wasn't expecting it at first. 

empowerment

« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2014, 12:33:08 AM »
Blueupali  Your description of people at NKT centres doesn't fit anything I see in my world.  Sorry but your thoughts seem a little far-fetched and impractical.

Blueupali

• Email
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2014, 02:14:51 AM »
Well, maybe you aren't someone that they proselytized at?  Like if you had been there awhile, are already ordained, or something.  They don't walk up and say 'hi we would like to take over your center,' to long term disciples....

However, sometimes the people at an NKT Center have broken away to form their own group.  The account below is from the New Kadampa Truth blog. 

The NKT has sometimes had people who formed cults (not following Ven. Geshe-la, obviously) such as one in Germany, where an NKT ordained person started a personality cult:

"He was originally ordained as a monk (Kelsang Tashi) by Geshe Kelsang. However, his main allegiance was not to Geshe Kelsang but to a self-styled Lama called Dechen/Carola in Germany (who broke away from Geshe Kelsang and the NKT and started a personality cult). He was her right-hand man, who helped her remove the center and its assets (a castle) in Berlin from the NKT. A lengthy legal case followed and was found by a German court in favor of the NKT. However, the decision was unenforceable in German charity law so Carola's organization kept the castle for a while. Finally, due to them going bankrupt, the castle is now back with the NKT and running as a Dharma Center.

A few years after leaving with Carola, Tashi finally got disillusioned, left Carola and re-ordained as Tenzin Peljor with the Dalai Lama. There seems little doubt that he feels justified in his obsessive campaign against the NKT due to his loyalty to the Dalai Lama and disorientating personal history with Carola."

http://www.newkadampatruth.org/behind-the-lies/#Foundation for the Preservation of the Mahayana Tradition (FPMT)

empowerment

« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2014, 07:01:01 AM »
OK Blueupali I see where you are coming from.....the internet!

The people in the example you mention, and others I have known about who did similar things to these Germans, at the beginning were Geshe Kelsang's students - no doubt about that (although now of course they might deny that I suppose).

Later, for reasons only they know, their motivation changed and they began to follow other ideas/teachers and eventually stopped being a student of Geshe Kelsang.

I know personally (or did know) a fair number of these people. To me they did not seem like double-agents who had joined NKT to subvert it - they simply changed their minds later for some reason - in my view.

Your concern that there are people deliberately setting out to subvert from the beginning isn't based on sound reason or observation.

Isn't it the case that faith communities naturally have 'fall-out' - ie. people who leave later and do something else?  Why should NKT be different?

Q

« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2014, 04:30:31 PM »
Whoever it was that stood up to the Dalai Lama in front of 7000 people in Hamburg. Good job, more power to you. It's not easy to stand up in front of that crowd and go 'against' everyone in the room. It's like going to Vatican city, and scream at the pope he's a liar... you'd probably receive a slap from each person in the crowd and die by the time you reach the exit.

It's easy for us to say 'If only he would say something more than Dalai Lama stop lying'... heck, I wish he actually had a more 'intelligent' exchange with the Dalai Lama.

BUT, I think as observers we're forgetting some important points, that being in the position in front the dalai lama, 7000 anti-ds people AND with a limit of probably less than 2 minutes for each question asked to the DL... there really is nothing much you can do or try to attempt conversation with the DL. So the next best thing? Get the attention of everyone, which is what this guy did in the hall.

Good job, I'm sure we will be seeing more of this in the future.

BTW I know some people are saying that the demonstrations are giving some bad reputation to DS practitioners, to a certain extent I too have such opinion (especially if I met with some fanatical ISC member). But just think about it, being in the front line is always risky, the results is like a double edged sword... if it's played well it will be to our favor, if not, then we lose. So far, the ISC have been doing a good job, they don't offend people during demonstrations, they don't give the authorities a hard time, they make sure everything is done according to law and order. So, at the moment, all is good.

psylotripitaka

« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2014, 05:49:55 PM »
Blueupali,

The meaning of life is the refinement of consciousness. If a particular situation is too difficult or giving rise to delusion, we need to take a break and concentrate single-pointedly on a virtuous object.

In group settings there will always be challenges of social politics. If we learn to look at the situation realistically, we will stop wining, steel our will, and put great energy into cultivating virtuous realizations. If we are not doing that, and find we are just wining, we need to examine the reason we are engaging those objects and whether it not it is benefitting our main purpose - attaining realization.

We're told over and over that the real problem is self-grasping. But I understand there is a practical element to navigating the social conventional tapestry. Nonetheless, if we cannot train our mind in these situations, rather than wining about how we're a victim of others, we need to separate from the situation and stare our own self cherishing and self grasping in the face. Then we can return (or not) to a situation and rather than lose ourself we come to regard everyone as kind for aiding us in the cultivation of realization.

Too much thinking and not enough meditation is destroying our opportunity to gain profound realization.

dondrup

« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2014, 06:03:14 PM »
His Holiness Dalai Lama had refused to have a formal and proper dialogue with Dorje Shugden followers since the inception of the ban.  What makes us think that HHDL would entertain questions pertaining to his lies, hypocrisies, discrimination towards Dorje Shugden followers, infringement of human rights, double standards concerning reliance of spirit i.e Nechung is permitted whereas Dorje Shugden is not permitted since HHDL had claimed that Dorje Shugden is a spirit, and so forth?  The only way is create as much attention as possible like what ISC had been doing with the peaceful demonstrations. The world must know the false Dalai Lama! We must zealously and continuously feed the world's mass media with news and information about Dorje Shugden followers' plight and HHDL's hypocrisies and all the negative effects arisen from the ban on Dorje Shugden.  Only when the pressure is put on HHDL,

Many Thanks to the heckler for his courage to confront HHDL with a question on His lies!

psylotripitaka

« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2014, 06:09:41 PM »
Yes, generally speaking, the time for controlling and wrathful actions has come!

dondrup

« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2014, 06:20:05 PM »
... only when enough pressure is put on His Holiness Dalai Lama would HHDL react positively! A balloon will burst when air is continuously fed into it! ...

Blueupali

• Email
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2014, 07:28:47 PM »
OK Blueupali I see where you are coming from.....the internet!

The people in the example you mention, and others I have known about who did similar things to these Germans, at the beginning were Geshe Kelsang's students - no doubt about that (although now of course they might deny that I suppose).

Later, for reasons only they know, their motivation changed and they began to follow other ideas/teachers and eventually stopped being a student of Geshe Kelsang.

I know personally (or did know) a fair number of these people. To me they did not seem like double-agents who had joined NKT to subvert it - they simply changed their minds later for some reason - in my view.

Your concern that there are people deliberately setting out to subvert from the beginning isn't based on sound reason or observation.

Isn't it the case that faith communities naturally have 'fall-out' - ie. people who leave later and do something else?  Why should NKT be different?

I am not just coming from the internet,  I have personally seen similar issues, where the people actively try to dissuade people from coming to NKT centers, talk against Geshe-la, talk pro-Dalai Lama, and then turn around and start teaching.  So what is going on--- is that they are lying to us so they can pretend to be members of the NKT.  THen maybe they can pretend to others that they do Shugden.
  And to respond to psylotripa, it's not about winning, it's about who is representing us to the mainstream press, if we have people who lie their way into an organization, pretend to like the organization, but recently (or concurrently) try to get other people to leave the Shugden practice, (and I have seen this, and experienced this with my own eyes) then we just need to be more careful.  Like when the U.S. spokespeople played the ban down, I know anyone is welcome in the NKT and there is no discrimination to join the teacher training and other programs.... during the empowerment of Dorje Shugden it is OPITIONAL in the NKT to take the heart committment.  Like Ven. Geshe-la says, everyone has choice in dharma.... and I definately notice that Geshe-la and other valid teachers always give choice. 
  So, just like when in the panel discussion when one of the ISC people was talking about being a lawyer, and doing legal representation for a Tibetan who had been beaten by DL fanatics, this Tibetan kept asking him for proof he really a Shugden practitioner.  Right there with the monk, okay.  Not everyone who shows up at a Shugden Center has to be a Shugden person.  Taking anyone's word for it, with very little investigation of them is really a bad idea, not because we have to win or lose, but because if we are not skillful, we will end up with someone pretending to go along with us, gain audience with the Dalai Lama for us even perhaps, and then really drop the ball on how they approach him.   A strawman from the loyalist DL camp.
  And no, I don't think anybody like Tenzin Peljor was with us in his heart, which is like most of the survivors.  They are here to subvert our school, cause issues, and can be very difficult to deal with as it stops the real dharma from being taught in the center, so that little cult leaders can emerge, people can go with them, and then miraculously, people can switch to the Dalai Lama a few years later.  Please, do not be so niave, put the "there aren't any Dalai Lama people in NKT-Centers" cool-aide down; it is a derivative of the "everyone be quiet and let the Dalai Lama do whatever he wants to your lineage cool-aide." 
  Do you want someone who can't bring up points like torture (for instance a Shugden man had his fingers cut off for his family's doing Shugden) by people like the U.S. spokespeople, but who say, oh, people can't go into "certain shops." It sounds like downplayed, especially since the "certain shops" are those owned by Tibetans in the settlements they live in, and they have to walk in many cases upwards of 15 miles both ways to even buy food.  These are the same spokespeople who also failed to mention that the "diety" Shugden is enlightened; like I'm saying, even the DL says "diety" about Shugden.  These protests in California were not well-publicized, the ISC had no way to contact them, the WSS didn't get back to me ever, and the protests switched from WSS to ISC without warning.
  The issue is coming from the niave Americans who think nobody would lie to us.  People we keep telling the DL to stop lying.  The students follow the teacher, so please get my drift here, that sometimes people following the DL might be lying.... and saying they are doing Shugden people.... just be careful and make sure we get a valid person speaking for us and representing us, please. 
  If we get a dialogue with the DL, please request Sonam Rinchen to speak on our behalf, rather than some random semi-educated western person who claims to be a Shugden person.  I need someone I trust to be with Shugden to talk. 

Blueupali

• Email
« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2014, 12:21:03 AM »
Blueupali,

The meaning of life is the refinement of consciousness. If a particular situation is too difficult or giving rise to delusion, we need to take a break and concentrate single-pointedly on a virtuous object.

In group settings there will always be challenges of social politics. If we learn to look at the situation realistically, we will stop wining, steel our will, and put great energy into cultivating virtuous realizations. If we are not doing that, and find we are just wining, we need to examine the reason we are engaging those objects and whether it not it is benefitting our main purpose - attaining realization.

We're told over and over that the real problem is self-grasping. But I understand there is a practical element to navigating the social conventional tapestry. Nonetheless, if we cannot train our mind in these situations, rather than wining about how we're a victim of others, we need to separate from the situation and stare our own self cherishing and self grasping in the face. Then we can return (or not) to a situation and rather than lose ourself we come to regard everyone as kind for aiding us in the cultivation of realization.

Too much thinking and not enough meditation is destroying our opportunity to gain profound realization.

Okay Psylotripitaka,
  Let me explain something to you.  If we want to learn dharma, if we want to be able to have our dharma purely, then it would be really super helpful to take down the ban.
  If we have people who are not maybe as honest as they need to be, and we notice this, and we see that they could subvert bringing down the ban, then it is logical to say something.  It is the wrong teaching, no offense, to say to someone 'well your lineage seems to be being taken over by the Dalai Lama.  Your group that is trying to stop the Dalai Lama seems to have people loyal to him that want to do a lot of the talking for people right now, according to you.  But you know if you go and meditate instead of saying anything that would be really good for your practice. Sorry, but it wouldn't be good for my practice, because my practice is what they are trying to end, and replacing our voice with someone who will help the Dalai, is not my idea of wisdom.  (Rabten seems to talk well though--- he brings up the right points).  Again, Sonam Rinchen would be good to request to ask to represent the Shugden population to the DL, should we ever get an audience....
  To assure you, I do happen to practice every day, and I happen to focus on on holy objects of refuge such as Buddha Dorje Shugden.

empowerment

« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2014, 01:11:49 AM »
Blueupali OK previously I was trying to believe that your ideas were just from readin things and not having any first-hand experience.  Now you are saying that you know people who are deliberately infiltrating our Centres. And that maybe the people ISC choose are like this.

No. Too much 007.