Author Topic: Rainbow Lights at Shamar Rinpoche Cremation Ceremony:)  (Read 11405 times)

Blueupali

• Email
Rainbow Lights at Shamar Rinpoche Cremation Ceremony:)
« on: August 16, 2014, 02:38:35 AM »
Check out this video about H.H. Shamar Rinpoche's cremation; at the end is a rainbow body, I think:). Sharmapa Chenno:).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m44tpGxvVAo

dondrup

Re: Rainbow Lights at Shamar Rinpoche Cremation Ceremony:)
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2014, 04:04:23 PM »
The cremation of His Holiness Kunzig Shamar Rinpoche was performed on 31 Jul 2014 on the auspicious Chokhor Duchen day when Buddha turned the First Wheel of Dharma.  It is also the date on which Kunzig Shamarpa was born in 1952.

Many high lamas of the different lineages were present at the cremation to perform 6 different pujas simultaneously.  Among those present was His Holiness the 17th Gyalwa Karmapa Trinley Thaye Dorje who with other Rinpoches led a congregation in the Red Chenresig pujas.

The flames of the cremation leaped 20 feet causing the red cloth canopy to catch fire during the cremation ceremony is a very auspicious sign indicating reaching up to heaven without obstacles.  His Holiness Kunzig Shamarpa had realised his aspiration to have his last rites performed at Shar Minub Monastery on Chokor Duchen, the day of the First turning of the Wheel of Dharma by Lord Buddha at Nagarjuna Hill.

His Holiness Kunzig Shamarpa is highly revered in the Karma Kargyu Lineage by followers from Germany, New Dehli, Kalimpong, Bhutan, Nepal and the rest of the world. 

The appearance of a rainbow during the Fire Pujas filled the teeming mass of devotees with awe and bliss.  Another vivid rainbow appeared in the sky right at the conclusion of the ceremony.

source: http://www.bodhipathkch.org/view_news.php?id=95

Blueupali

• Email
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 12:43:49 AM »
This to me is one of the kindness of the guru; to show us even in death that he is there for us.  Also I didn't know that modern Buddhist masters still showed rainbows; this is so wonderful.  I already had faith he was a Buddha, but I guess it's like a way for him to say bye, I'll be back...:) soon. 

rossoneri

• Email
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2014, 04:26:50 AM »
When i watched one of Shamar Rinpoche video (The Karmapa Controversy) and was directed by one of the Academy Award Nominee director Scott Warren Miller, i can't help but admit that i am attracted with Rinpoche's voice and the way he was telling his story although is casual with smile yet he is firm and deeply meaningful.

I wish Rinpoche will continue to turn the wheel of the Dharma. And below is the video of Rinpoche which i mentioned above.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AT4912b3Tdo

Blueupali

• Email
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2014, 07:10:12 AM »
I have deep reverence for Shamar Rinpoche and for his Karmapa:).
  Here is another rainbow image, over Kathmandu, right after the 14th Rinpoche was cremated.  He has a very strong connection with Nepal in many past lives.  I believe the remains of the 10th Shamar Rinpoche are outside his monestary on the Swayambo Stupa.  You'll have to scroll down a little after you click.

http://www.karmapa.org/news/cremation_shamar_rinpoche/01.htm

yontenjamyang

• Email
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2014, 10:19:55 AM »
I rejoice that in this degenerate times the Buddhas and Boddhisattvas continue to that incarnations again and again to benefit sentient beings. In this case the Shamarpa Rinpoche and the Karmapa is also linked life after life to propagate the Dharma via the Karma Kaygu School.
I am sure the Sharmarpa will return very soon to continue the deeds of the Buddhas and sons of the Buddhas to benefit all sentient beings. The rainbow lights at the Shamar Rinpoche Cremation ceremony are auspicious sign of that. I rejoice.

Kim Hyun Jae

• Email
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2014, 01:28:22 PM »
May all enlightened beings like high lamas reincarnate over and over again to return to help all beings and assist them to enlightenment. The rainbow appearing after the funeral pyre was an indication Shamarpa Rinpoche was enlightened and will return to Nepal due to his close connection there. 

MoMo

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2014, 09:53:46 AM »
I was always awe by the appearance of rainbow or strange cloud formation during most special activities or spiritual functions of Tibetan High Lama. I was told that it was because the guardian of that places such as Asura, local land deities, Daka and Dakini was please with such activities that brings peace and happiness to that surrounding. They manifest their happiness by displaying rainbow, a gust of wind and others weather phenomena.
I could only relate the rainbow that appeared at the end of video to something I read in “Hundred and Thousand songs of Milarepa”. That Dakini and Deva of pure-land was rejoicing and ready to received Sharma Rinpoche back to pure-land after his having achieved the highest achievable with his human form in this live.

Blueupali

• Email
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2014, 09:57:35 PM »
I like Mo Mo's answer, and I love Milarepa, but I think Rinpoche was mostly saying hi from the clear light:)

maricisun

• Email
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2014, 09:21:18 AM »
Rainbow lights indicate auspiciousness and its a way for Shaman Rinpoche to give us an indication that he is leaving to another place.
Let's hope he is returning to Nepal to continue to turn the wheel of Dharma there.

Blueupali

• Email
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2014, 01:43:45 AM »
Yes, I hope he will be reincarnated quickly, and I hope to see him in his next incarnation--- the first time I went to a puja that he was presiding at was on the Swambo stupa:)--- in his monastery.  The remains of the 10th Sharmapa are encased outside that monastery too, so he has a lot of connection to Nepal:).  Also he used to get chased out of Tibet in some of his past lives by.... who.... the Dalai Lama ::)

pinecone

« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2014, 12:46:16 PM »
In  Tibetan Buddhism, the appearance of rainbow indicates the blessings from the Buddhas, Bodhisattvas, dakinis or deities. Spiritually,  it also mean the marks either the passing on of a wise sage, a special yogi or spiritual master and this case,  the rainbow lights which appeared after Shamar Rinpoche’s cremation ceremony is definitely an auspicious sign  and indication that  Shamar Rinpoche willingness to  return and continue to turn the wheel of Dharma to benefit all sentient beings  in this degenerate era. Whichever place or country,  Shamar Rinpoche shall reincarnate to will obviously a tremendous blessing to all Buddhist followers.

Matibhadra

« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2014, 03:47:21 PM »
Rainbows aside, the disastrous activities of the 10th Shamarpa led to the loss of whatever independence Central Tibet enjoyed at the time.

Indeed, the 10th Shamarpa is known to have promoted the invasion of Tibet by the Nepalese Gurkha, who looted Tashi Lumpo and carried its treasuries to Nepal, thus prompting the Eighth Dalai Lama to request the help of the Celestial Empire, who smashed the Gurkha, and tightened China's then loose grip on Central Tibet.

No wonder that even today China sees the Shamarpa's Karmapa choice with suspicious eyes, to the point of even endorsing the evil dalai's choice.

From Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shamarpa):

Mipam Chödrup Gyamtso (1742–1793) was the stepbrother of the 6th Panchen Lama, Lobsang Palden Yeshe (1738–1780). A dispute over his claim to his stepbrother's material inheritance led to an armed conflict in which the Shamarpa conspired with the Nepalese Gurkha army in 1788. This, and other disputes between the Gelug and Kagyu schools led to the exile from Tibet of the Shamarpa and a legal ban by the Tibetan government on further Shamarpa incarnations.

Coming back to the rainbows, they are indeed wonderful, and hopefully a sign that in the future Dharma will not anymore be mixed with political power games.

eyesoftara

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2014, 07:38:21 AM »
The politics by the high Lamas and in this particular case Shamar Rinpoche should be considered skillful means and must not be taken as mere worldly politics even thought that is how it manifested for the ordinary beings. Enlightened skillful means are hard to understand especially when these activities takes time to manifest fully. So when one is in the middle of it we can have all kinds of perceptions, make all kinds of conclusions and act in all kinds of ways. We need to have the view that on the basis that the Lamas are enlightened, we do not have wrong views and pass wrong judgements. That all these activities have great results and if we contemplate on it; that itself is the best Dharma practice.
So it is not surprising that rainbow appears at Shamar Rinpoche's cremation.

Matibhadra

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2014, 04:38:59 AM »
The politics by the high Lamas and in this particular case Shamar Rinpoche should be considered skillful means and must not be taken as mere worldly politics even thought that is how it manifested for the ordinary beings.

The same perverted, theocratic argument used by Abrahamic religions, and now by the minions of the evil dalai as well, in order to justify their atrocities against religious freedom. “In the name of God”, “In the name of Allah”, and also “In the name of the High Lama”, every evil and every crime is justified, glorified, and sanctified.

Besides, “skillful means” to reach what? The looting of Tashi Lumpo by bloody Hindu Gurkhas? The fragmentation and ultimately the loss of independence of Tibet to China? A stupid war for the sake of a material inheritance? The ban on Shamarpa's own incarnations? Congratulations, very skillful indeed!

Enlightened skillful means are hard to understand

What is “enlightened” in a disgruntled feudal lord's traitorous and brutal fight for a material inheritance? You might want to revise your conception of “enlightened”.

especially when these activities takes time to manifest fully.

226 years and counting of needless suffering because of a disgruntled theocratic dandy's greed, and you still want more to manifest?

So when one is in the middle of it we can have all kinds of perceptions, make all kinds of conclusions and act in all kinds of ways.

For instance, one can perceive the harmfulness of greed and violence, come to the conclusion that a material inheritance is not worth spilling blood, and act according to the Buddha's way of renunciation and non-violence.

Indeed, my teacher the Buddha renounced his wealth and kingdom, and showed the path to peace, whereas your disgruntled theocratic dandy, out of greed and envy, brought war, death, and disgrace to Tibet and Tibetans. What a shameful example!

We need to have the view that on the basis that the Lamas are enlightened, we do not have wrong views and pass wrong judgements.

What about having the view that the Buddha Shakyamuni was enlightened and taught the path of non-greed and non-violence? But obviously in your fanatical, theocratic thought you are not interested in Buddha's teaching anyway.

That all these activities have great results and if we contemplate on it; that itself is the best Dharma practice.

Then go ahead and please keep contemplating and enjoying the “great results” of greed, envy, war, killing, and looting. But feel free to give up such distorted views and switch to Buddhism whenever you feel tired of your “great results”.

So it is not surprising that rainbow appears at Shamar Rinpoche's cremation.

Do you mean that the rainbow implies that envy, greed, war, killing, and looting are wonderful, is it? I though that the rainbow implied the greatness of the late Shamarpa.