Author Topic: OFFICIAL OPENING OF SHAR GADEN MONASTERY CONFIRMED-SEE DATE CHANGES  (Read 11572 times)

mountains

• MAY THE DALAI LAMA LIFT THE BAN AGAINST SHUGDEN
As everyone may know, over 500 monks was forced to leave their beloved home GADEN SHARTSE MONASTERY in South India. HH Dalai Lama and Tibetan govt in exile forced all the Monasteries to swear an oath to abandon all practices of Dorje Shugden. If they do not, they must leave the monastery for good. So these 500 monks decided to remain true to their spiritual convictions and left Gaden Shartse Monastery in Mundgod South India.

Nearby, they re-established Shar Gaden Monastery as a place to have freedom of worship. Help, support, donations and care has been pouring in from all parts of the world. They have a grand prayer hall, monk quarters, pujas, active Geshe Study program. Many monks and Tulkus from other Monasteries who refuse to abandon Dorje Shugden has also joined Shar Gaden Monastery. Shar Gaden have been working very hard in preparing huge lineage lama statues for their prayer hall, cleaning, painting, extending buildings, etc.

This coming OCTOBER (2009) 23rd, 24th, 25th, 26th WILL BE THEIR OFFICIAL FOUR DAY GRAND OPENING CEREMONY!!  This is when they officially open. They expect a huge turnout. Many people from around the world will fly in to pray, show support and let the Tibetan govt know in a peaceful way, THAT THEY WILL CONTINUE THEIR DORJE SHUGDEN PRACTICES AND THEY WILL NOT BE STAMPED DOWN.

Dorje Shugden practitioners who have 'suffered' in the dark and have no grounding or monastery to associate with, should book airplane tickets and join in the celebrations. Give these brave hero monks support, love, and open recognition. They have braved so much obstacles and challenges to hold up the lineage for us.

CHANGES TO OPENING DATES:

THE OPENING DATE HAS BEEN PUSHED FORWARD TO A FEW DAYS AT THE REQUEST OF TRIJANG RINPOCHE'S STUDENTS, BUT IT'S STILL TOWARDS LAST WEEK OF OCTOBER 2009.

FOR CLEARER INFORMATION, ONE MAY CALL GEN JAMPA (ZEMEY LADRANG)  AT SHAR GADEN AND HIS MOBILE IS:
+91   9972170118

« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 03:47:33 PM by mountains »

theloneranger

Re: OFFICIAL OPENING OF SHAR GADEN MONASTERY CONFIRMED
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2009, 08:13:57 PM »
oh thats wonderful news, if i remember rightly, shar gaden monastery was Song Rinpoche's place of residence.  So which one is the real shar gaden monastery now? lol. Shar Gaden monastery is also where Tsem Tulku Rinpoche is associated.  It's strange because Tsem Tulku Rinpoche promotes Setrap as his main protector, this is what he apparently recieved from Song Rinpoche his root guru.  Maybe Song Rinpoche smelt trouble brewing in the mill, and passed on the Setrap practice to him instead so not to cause Tsem Tullu to much trouble later on. Or maybe Tsem Tulku Rinpoche is a secret Shugden practitioner.  On wikipedia it says:

Tsem Tulku wrote a letter praising Geshe Kelsang and his books: “The great master, the Kadampa Geshe, Kelsang Gyatso, you can see very clearly his works, his centers, his books, his pure vows, and how many thousands of people he affects.”

Mohani

• duldzin
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2009, 09:16:13 PM »
Hi
Shar Ganden is the name of the new monastery where the monks from Ganden Shartse have gone after being booted out, it was Dokhang Kamtsen i think. I don't think song labdrang(his residence) is part of this is it?

Mohani

• duldzin
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2009, 09:18:15 PM »
Is there any word as to when the new Serpom Monastery will be opening?

LosangKhyentse

• WORLD PEACE PROTECTOR DORJE SHUGDEN
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2009, 04:19:46 AM »
i think you got it mixed up loneranger  ;D, Shar Gaden Monastery is the new monastery that has split away from Gaden Shartse so that the monks can practise Dorje Shugden freely (read the page on Shar Gaden Monastery on dorjeshugden.com http://dorjeshugden.com/shargaden.htm) It is not Zong Rinpoche's place of residence, not related at all. So neither Zong Rinpoche nor Tsem Tulku is associated with Shar Gaden Monastery (as far as i know).

Tsem Tulku is very devoted to Zong Rinpoche, i watched some of his videos and he always talked about Zong Rinpoche with such great reverence and emotion, it is so palpable that it brings tears to my eyes too (on top of his):

Small | Large

also found a lot of touching photos of Tsem Tulku with Zong Rinpoche in some chinese website, i dont understand chinese but nevermind the pictures and videos are moving enough:

http://www.tsemtulku.com/supesite/?action-viewnews-itemid-57

oh thats wonderful news, if i remember rightly, shar gaden monastery was Song Rinpoche's place of residence.  So which one is the real shar gaden monastery now? lol. Shar Gaden monastery is also where Tsem Tulku Rinpoche is associated.  It's strange because Tsem Tulku Rinpoche promotes Setrap as his main protector, this is what he apparently recieved from Song Rinpoche his root guru.  Maybe Song Rinpoche smelt trouble brewing in the mill, and passed on the Setrap practice to him instead so not to cause Tsem Tullu to much trouble later on. Or maybe Tsem Tulku Rinpoche is a secret Shugden practitioner.  On wikipedia it says:

Tsem Tulku wrote a letter praising Geshe Kelsang and his books: “The great master, the Kadampa Geshe, Kelsang Gyatso, you can see very clearly his works, his centers, his books, his pure vows, and how many thousands of people he affects.”

Freddy

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2009, 08:51:57 AM »
Dear all,

I cannot say wether Zong Dorje Chang really entered Shar Ganden or not. But up to what I came to know, all Gelug lineage holders entered Shar Ganden shortly after it was established. This is the case with Phabonkha Chogtrul, Trijang Chogtrul (though not as a monk, I guess), and others. So it is likely that also Zong Rinpoche entered. My own Guru told me some weeks after Shar Ganden was founded, that Shugden monks from all over India were given shelter there and all important masters are now associated to it.

As for Mohani's question: I am supposed to meet some monks from Sera Pomra. I may ask them about the the status so far.

Best wishes,
f

DSFriend

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2009, 10:28:55 AM »
Thank you for creating and maintaining this site! May Lama Tsongkhapa's lineage spread far and wide and all dharma holders be near and protected by Lord Dorje Shugden. (Twitter -> dorje_shugden)

LosangKhyentse

• WORLD PEACE PROTECTOR DORJE SHUGDEN
Re: OFFICIAL OPENING OF SHAR GADEN MONASTERY CONFIRMED-SEE DATE CHANGES
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2009, 03:11:05 PM »

Thanks for posting up the fact that there is a change of date. It would be wise to call up to Jampa and get dates before booking tickets. Timing in India changes very fast.

Admin

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2009, 01:24:47 PM »

Thom

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2009, 05:50:24 PM »
Thank you