Author Topic: Mahamudra in Shugden  (Read 11987 times)

Big Uncle

Re: Mahamudra in Shugden
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2016, 06:59:57 PM »
Lol! I think people are not aware of what Mahamudra here is all about. I am not an expert myself but I do know that Mahamudra is a meditative tradition of tantra on develop special insight into the nature of reality. The practices depending on tradition focusses on various practices to develop this insight. Generally, it is a meditation on observing the mind and dissolving any identity to the body, the environment and extends even to the object and goal of the practice, which is the nature of reality itself.

Dorje Shugden 's practice is a protector practice and hence, does not lead one to develop such higher realizations directly. However, Dorje Shugden can help in clearing the obstacles towards gaining such special insight. There is even a mantra of Dorje Shugden that helps one in gaining supermundane attainments, 'Om Benza Wiki Sarwa Siddhi Pala Ho'. I think what helps is when we are engaging in the practice of a yidam or if we are such high practitioners, our sadhana/meditations on Mahamudra, we can combine it with this mantra to quicken our realizations and to clear obstacles and obscurations that we have. All of us have tremendous negative karma and we definitely need special help to clear it, in order for us to ascend higher spiritually. That's how I see Dorje Shugden in relations to Mahamudra and the practice of tantra.