Author Topic: Interesting video of Puja in Gaden Shartse Monastery  (Read 9090 times)

theloneranger

Interesting video of Puja in Gaden Shartse Monastery
« on: June 19, 2009, 09:40:12 PM »
Hi folks

This is a link to Tsem Tulku Rinpoches's website, watch video 2.  It is very interesting and please post your thoughts and comments.  It shows Trijang Rinpoche's throne and picture and the reincarnation of Zong Rinpoche doing Setrap Protector puja wth Tsem Tulku.  Now Tsem Tulku also reveres the Dalai Lama and has strong ties, so whats going on? This is very Interesting eh! 

http://www.tsemtulku.com/V03/

So my point is this, is this the new Gaden Shartse or the old Gaden Shartse Monastery.  I'm very confused.  remember my post before regarding this issue! 

theloneranger

Re: Interesting video of Puja in Gaden Shartse Monastery
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2009, 10:18:22 PM »
on careful analysis i am sure that the puja is performed in the new Gaden Shartse Monastery, if so this would be quite incredible.   I checked the website of the new Gaden Shartse Monastery http://gadenshartse.net/index.html and the prayer hall looked very similair. Also the pictures on Dorje Shugden.com of the new monastery tied in with the video. 

Mohani

• duldzin
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2009, 08:07:00 AM »
Hi Loneranger

Hi folks

So my point is this, is this the new Gaden Shartse or the old Gaden Shartse Monastery.  I'm very confused.  remember my post before regarding this issue! 

This video is before Shar Ganden was opened, so it is somewhere within Ganden Shartse. The new Shar Ganden is not part of Ganden Shartse, they were kicked out. The Prayer hall of Shar Ganden is a prayer hall that was part of Ganden Shartse(Dhokhang Khangtsen i think), but is now the main hall of Shar Ganden Monastery nothing to do with Ganden Shartse. As far as I know Tsem Tulku is part of Ganden Shartse not Shar Ganden.

theloneranger

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2009, 08:49:52 AM »
is this the new website of the shugden monastery?  The three lama's are included on dorjeshugden.com lineage lamas page.

http://gadenshartse.net/

Also has Trijang Rinpoche's throne been removed from the other monastery along with the Setrap Protector statue?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 08:58:26 AM by theloneranger »

Mohani

• duldzin
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2009, 10:17:05 AM »
No I am fairly sure this is not a website for Shar Ganden, It doesn't refer to Shar Ganden anywhere, I think I saw a link to The DL's teachings on there. I think Trijang has moved to Shar Ganden. Why do you ask if Setrap has moved? Setrap is the protector of Ganden Shartse, I should think he is still there, although the monks at Shar Ganden probably rely upon setrap and have shrines to him as well. Those Lamas are followers of Trijang Rinpoche, and have practiced Dorje Shugden.
These are just my observations, I could be wrong. Is there anyone with conections at Ganden who can clarify?

kelsang

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2009, 11:08:33 AM »
http://dokhang.ch/

This is the only website connected to Sharganden Namgyeling i know of.
I didnt see but hear from relyable people that the throne of Kyabje Trijang Dorjechang has been removed from Gandens Prayer hall, nothing about Setrap though.

Kelsang

theloneranger

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2009, 01:21:22 PM »
for what i can see, the pictures on dorjeshugden.com shows the same monastery as the website i showed u. This is what is confusing me.  Somebody posted that Setrap was indirectly linked to Shugden practice and vice versa so i wondering if the Dalai lama's people gave up that practice too.   I heard of shugden and setrap statues being destroyed in some monasteries before by angry tibetans. Sometimes the names of the monasteries are confusing and the same monastery is known as Shar gaden or Gaden Shartse.  So please forgive if i'm confused? Is the new Shugden monastery in the old complex or it is entirely seperate.  One thing that surprise me is how quicky they build the new monastery after the monks got ejected. A year ago ,I heard that some land was bought, my resident teacher told me this from a conversation he had with Kelsang Pema who was leading Western Shugden Society.  There we plans for a kadampa KMC to house the monks, but i heard planning permission would take alot of time and they were looking at four years before anything was built.  So maybe they scrap the plans for a KMC and build this monastery instead.  So maybe i'm wrong and this is a different project.  Anyone know anymore?

Mohani

• duldzin
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2009, 03:30:33 PM »
Hi
Shar Ganden is next to Ganden Shartse. The temple/prayer hall that Shar Ganden are using was allready build, it was the one used by Dokhang Kangsten when they were part of Ganden Shartse. I was at a talk by Pema-la and she was talking about the wish by Geshe-la to provide land for the monks who were being ostrasized, this was before the monks had been able to establish them selve seperatley to Ganden Shartse. I don't know if there are still any plans for a KMC India, it doesn't look like it is necessary at the moment.
Serpom are definately building a new temple. It is a couple of miniutes walk from the main temple of Sera-mey, of which they have been ostrasized from.

Mahachakra85

• Nothing is permanent.
    • My blogs
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2009, 09:04:05 PM »
Currently a  website for shar gaden is being built.
www.shargaden.com

check back soon..our webmaster is almost done.
 ;D
'The Effort is the Attainment'-Kadam Ace Remas

LosangKhyentse

• WORLD PEACE PROTECTOR DORJE SHUGDEN
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2009, 05:53:27 AM »
Haha, theloneranger is always confused with the monastery situation in India, hope i can clear his confusion once and for all:

There is no "Old Gaden Shartse" and "New Gaden Shartse", there is always only one and the same "Gaden Shartse" in India. Gaden Shartse and Gaden Jangtse these two colleges together become "Gaden Monastery".

"Shar Gaden" is the new monastery that practises Dorje Shugden, initially it is part of Gaden Shartse but it has since split away from the main college Gaden Shartse and become a monastery on its own so that the monks there can practise Dorje Shugden freely. Most of the Shar Gaden's 550 monks come from Gaden Shartse, in other words, they left Gaden Shartse to join Shar Gaden.

Trijang Rinpoche's throne is still in Gaden Shartse, and it is also in Shar Gaden. Some monks has suggested that Trijang Rinpoche's throne to be removed from Gaden Shartse's prayer hall, but it is the Tibetan Government Officials in Mundgod (where these two monasteries are located) that rejected the idea and insisted that Trijang Rinpoche's throne to be remained in Gaden Shartse's prayer hall. Yes, this is a fact.

Finally about Tsem Tulku Rinpoche, I am a fan of his and has been following his news and updates on his websites regularly. Tsem Tulku Rinpoche is still a Sangha member of Gaden Shartse, he did not join Shar Gaden. The picture below shows the earlier days in Gaden Shartse where Tsem Tulku Rinpoche was doing puja together with the now 101st Gaden Tripa Jetsun Lungrik Namgyal Rinpoche, and the current incarnation of Zong Rinpoche. Tsem Tulku Rinpoche was and is still having good relationship with these high lamas, and on his website there is a video of Gaden Tripa talking fondly about him, as well as videos of Tsem Tulku Rinpoche meeting Zong Rinpoche in Zong Rinpoche's ladrang in Gaden Shartse, and making offering to Zong Rinpoche in Gaden Shartse's Setrap puja as mentioned by theloneranger above.

Lastly, protector Setrap is still in Gaden Shartse, and recently I also saw a picture of Setrap in Shar Gaden's prayer hall too(see the new and exciting updated pictures in http://www.dorjeshugden.com/shargaden.htm), in other words, Setrap is in both monasteries.

theloneranger

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2009, 09:32:17 AM »
Thank you TK, you have brought great peace to my mind! lol