Author Topic: Special Thangka stamp  (Read 13408 times)

Jessie Fong

Re: Special Thangka stamp
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2014, 06:59:35 AM »
What a great idea to print Buddha images onto stamps. Good way to spread dharma and may everyone who sees these stamps be planted with the dharma seed.

This is China's support of the spread of Dharma?

While some people are not accepting this idea due to the fact that the used stamps may be carelessly discarded, maybe these stamps should be issued as collectors' item only?

Kim Hyun Jae

• Email
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2014, 07:18:48 AM »
It is said that anyone laying their eyes on enlightened Buddha's image or pictures will have imprints planted into their mind streams.

These stamps are beautifully printed and its used as stamps to be sent out to anyone by mail. How blessed is that? For those who receives these stamps will be blessed in their mind streams.

Tenzin Malgyur

« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2014, 09:32:34 AM »
I must say that these are indeed very beautiful stamps. And to think that these stamps were issued in China. The Chinese Government is surely promoting Buddhist arts and the freedom to practice religion. To me this is a great idea to plant Buddha's imprint into the minds of the people who come across envelopes with these stamps on it. Since these are postal stamps, imagine all the countries in the world they may end up in. I wish I could get hold of a set of these beautiful stamps too.

maricisun

• Email
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2014, 04:32:34 PM »
Great idea by China to have stamps of Tibetan Thangka. This reflect that China is supporting Tibetan Buddhism.
The stamps are beautiful and it would be great if I can get hold of these stamps. And it will be a good collection as well.

pinecone

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2014, 09:07:16 AM »
Rejoice! With the issuance of this beautiful Tibetan  Buddhism’s thangka stamps, I believe the Chinese government has gradually acknowledging and preserving Buddhism . It is another crucial message to the nation to remind them  on their roots, culture and the importance of religion in this degenerate era. The stamps are so beautiful and the colours are really eye catching! Really looking forward for more of the circulation of this wonderful stamps.

MoMo

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2014, 08:08:12 AM »
What brilliant idea of promoting Tibetan culture and arts. These stamps will arouse curiosity in those who come into contact with it to research and learn more about Tibetan’s culture and it religion.   
But some will worried that it would be embroiled into as an act of disrespect as in the case of British tourist whom had an uncovered Buddha’s image tattoo being deported by Sri Lankan’s immigration.
In these day, what ever you do or don’t. There’re always people who agreed with you and who will criticize you.
If we would to please everyone, then no Buddha image should be print for circulation to disseminate the teaching as most of these material would ended in the bin I’m sure!

X

• Email
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2014, 10:24:15 AM »
These stamps are beautiful! I rejoice that Buddhism is spreading in China! It is very nice to have all these stamps, so everyone can see how beautiful Buddhism Deities are. I heard that when a person look at a buddha’s image, they get merits. I hope everybody can get merits and can meet with the Dharma!