Author Topic: The Dalai Lama Has Some Very Uplifting And Wise Words About Farting  (Read 9820 times)

eyesoftara

Re: The Dalai Lama Has Some Very Uplifting And Wise Words About Farting
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2014, 04:53:30 AM »
Buddhist Masters can be surprisingly funny. As mentioned in this thread, the Dalai Lama and Ajahn Brahm are fine examples. I fine Buddhist master to be well rounded and exudes a kind of confident that their jokes would not be taken to discount their speech and message that their are trying to expound. It fact being funny can we "wise and actually attract more people to listen to the Dharma.
Also, it shows that although we believe these Buddhist masters to be enlightened, they shows to us that they are still "human" and are more similar to the unenlightened beings like us than we think. That to me is very uplifting.

Kim Hyun Jae

• Email
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2014, 09:34:10 AM »
Initially, I've always thought dharma practitioners are really serious lot, like we don't laugh aloud or even joke. However, after being under a lama or guru, I discovered monks and nuns do have a good laugh now and then and jokes and made fun of each other alot. Now, that's an interesting find.

Dharma practitioners are just "human" after all, and we have humour too, LOL!

We do laugh alot about ourselves at that. Like many dharma teachers, Lama Yeshe, HH the Dalai Lama, etc. do laugh alot on even on their own jokes.

They know how to look at themselves in "funny" perspectives. That is the JOY we can experience in dharma.

brian

• Email
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2014, 05:21:38 PM »
I am quite interested in the part of "chase away all the things that makes us happy while continue to benefit others".  I think HHDL is trying to lead us to the 8 verses of Mind Transformation. That itself is profound i feel. Changing one's life from being too attached to oneself and to benefit others.

pinecone

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2014, 12:47:12 PM »
I always enjoy HHDL teachings ; simple, humorous and sensible. HHDL is a real Buddha indeed, he knows exactly the type of teachings which suit the degenerate era and how to implant the teachings contents into each individual.  It’s actually very true that to gain happiness, one must have a peace of mind that arise from warm heartedness, reducing of distrust and ill will.
May the dharma flourish and the Guru who teaches it has long life.

X

• Email
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2014, 10:22:17 AM »
I really love and enjoy listening to Dalai Lama’s talks. He’s very calm when he talks and also very funny. All the things he mention about happiness is so true, it sounds simple but most of us cannot do it. It is true that people nowadays are all talking about sensual pleasures, material goods. But with material goods, we will only get temporary happiness. We will never get satisfied.