About Dorje Shugden > General Discussion

Geshe Ngawang Dhargyey talks about Je Phabongkha

(1/1)

Robert Thomas:
I always enjoyed this extract from Geshe Ngawang Dhargeyey's commentary to the Wheel of Sharp Weapons and wanted to share it:

"Likewise, Lama Trijang Dorje Chang, Junior Tutor to His Holiness the present Dalai Lama, folds his hands upon the crown of his head whenever he mentions Kyabje Pa-bongkha Rinpoche. He was such a great lama, unsurpassed by any, that hardly any lamas or geshes of the Three Pillars (the monasteries of Ganden, Sera and Drepung) had not been his disciples.

Once, in the cave-under-water, he experienced a manifestation of Yamantaka for nine days, while he himself was essentially Heruka Chakrasambhava. Further, he experienced a manifestation of Vajra Yogini who told him of the benefits to be derived from merging the Vajra Yogini teachings of the Sakya and Gelug traditions into one meditational practice. When he once made a great (tsog) offering beside a Heruka statue in Lhasa, the wisdom body actually entered into the statue. The statue danced and told him that whoever received Heruka initiation from him up to the seventh generator would be taken to the dakini realms."

From page 55 The Wheel of Sharp Weapons, with Commentary by Geshe Ngawang Dhargyey, ISBN: 81-85102-08-2 Published by the Library of Tibetan Works and Archives - Second revised edition 1994.

LosangKhyentse:

Dear Robert,

What a wonderful post. I have read that before and forgotten all about it till you brought it up.

I hope you can find more posts, stories, information on Kyabje Pabongkha Rinpoche and post up. It is so important to know the lineage lamas and their deeds.

Much thanks. :) :D :)

Dharmapal:
Do feel inspired to add this to the Wikipedia entry for Pabongka Rinpoche if you get a chance...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version