Author Topic: A Mahasiddha called Gangchen Tulku Rinpoche  (Read 27956 times)

LosangKhyentse

• WORLD PEACE PROTECTOR DORJE SHUGDEN
A Mahasiddha called Gangchen Tulku Rinpoche
« on: June 12, 2009, 07:44:00 AM »
His Eminence Gangchen Tulku Rinpoche.

A tireless supporter of Buddha Dharma, H.H. Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche, our lineage, our practices, His Monasteries, World Peace, and our Protectors Dorje Shugden and Pelden Hlamo.

May some of my life be taken away to add to the lifespan of this great incomparable and compassionate healing lama. May his works further grow and may his aspirations come true!! Seein him truly is healing.

Lama Gangchen Rinpoche was born in western Tibet in 1941.

He was recognised at an early age to be a reincarnate Lama healer and was enthroned at Gangchen Choepeling Monastery at the age of five.
When he reached the age of twelve he received the "Kachen" degree which is usually conferred after twenty years of study. Between the ages of thirteen and eighteen, he studied medicine, astrology, meditation and philosophy in two of the major monastic universities of Tibet: Sera and Tashi Lhumpo.

He also studied in Gangchen Gompa, Tropu Gompa and Neytsong Monastery. He was disciple of some of the most important Gelugpa Lamas like H.H. Trjichang Rinpoche. In 1963, he went into exile to India where he continued his studies for the next seven years at the Varanasi Sanskrit University in Benares. In 1970, he received the Geshe Rigram degree (similar to a Ph. D.) from Sera Monastic University situated in South India.

After his graduation, he worked as a Lama healer among the Tibetan communities in Nepal, India and Sikkim, during which time he saved the lives of many people and was named private physician to the Royal Family. In 1981, Lama Gangchen visited Europe for the first time and has since become a resident and Italian citizen. In the same year, he also established his first European center: Karuna Choetsok in Lesbos, Greece, where he planted a bodhi tree in the 'Buddha Garden', and where he consecrated what was to become the first in a long line of World Peace Buddha Statues, thankas and images.

Since 1982, he has travelled extensively, both healing and teaching worldwide, leading many pilgrimages to some of the most important holy places of different religious and spiritual denominations in the world. Since many years Lama Gangchen promotes a very important project: the integration between Tibetan Medicine (an incredible and unlikely still unknown treasure of humankind) with allopathic medicine.

Lama Gangchen Rinpoche is the holder of an ancient and unbroken lineage of Tantric Masters dating from the time of Shakyamuni Buddha. His Ngalso Tantric Selfhealing is based on Buddha's teaching but it's suitable for modern people.

At present he has more than 100 Inner Peace Education centres or Self-Healing Study Groups worldwide.

(see beautiful video of Rinpoche. 
Small | Large
)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 03:56:03 PM by tk »

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
Re: A Mahasiddha called Gangchen Tulku Rinpoche
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 05:35:12 AM »
Happy Birthday HE Gangchen Tulku Rinpoche!

i thought i'd bring this topic up to the front page to celebrate a great Master who promotes peace and healing and is also a fearless Dorje Shugden practitioner. Although he is blacklisted by the Tibetan Government, this great master can happily come and go to China as he pleases, spreading Dharma to a region that needs it badly. Gangchen Rinpoche has also endorsed the Panchen Lama Gyancain Norbu in China and for me, that's good enough to settle the Panchen Lama controversy.

May HE Gangchen Rinpoche and his students live for a thousand thousand years and continuously turn the Wheel of Dharma throughout the ten directions!

Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

DharmaDefender

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 05:56:17 PM »
To add to the images that tk has already attached to his post about the Healing Lama, I'd like to include this image of Gangchen Rinpoche, unusual as it may be but I like how it captures his peaceful energy so well.

honeydakini

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2010, 08:49:41 AM »

i thought i'd bring this topic up to the front page to celebrate a great Master who promotes peace and healing and is also a fearless Dorje Shugden practitioner. Although he is blacklisted by the Tibetan Government, this great master can happily come and go to China as he pleases, spreading Dharma to a region that needs it badly. Gangchen Rinpoche has also endorsed the Panchen Lama Gyancain Norbu in China and for me, that's good enough to settle the Panchen Lama controversy.

May HE Gangchen Rinpoche and his students live for a thousand thousand years and continuously turn the Wheel of Dharma throughout the ten directions!

Of note is that Gangchen Rinpoche works very closely with the UN also to promote peace and healing in the world. Ironic isn't it that he has been so mistreated by his own people and ex-communicated from his very own community, but he continues to promote peace, healing and benefit on the largest world stage - with the U.N. which transcends boundaries and reaches out to the WHOLE WORLD. What's the tiny little obstacle that is the TGIE then? Jokes on them really, isn't it? Which goes to show, as ever, that there's no stopping the Bodhisattvas among us, no matter what obstacles they face.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOUR EMINENCE! May you live long and always continue to turn the wheel of Dharma!

DharmaDefender

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2010, 08:56:39 AM »
Of note is that Gangchen Rinpoche works very closely with the UN also to promote peace and healing in the world. Ironic isn't it that he has been so mistreated by his own people and ex-communicated from his very own community, but he continues to promote peace, healing and benefit on the largest world stage - with the U.N. which transcends boundaries and reaches out to the WHOLE WORLD. What's the tiny little obstacle that is the TGIE then? Jokes on them really, isn't it? Which goes to show, as ever, that there's no stopping the Bodhisattvas among us, no matter what obstacles they face.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOUR EMINENCE! May you live long and always continue to turn the wheel of Dharma!

Seems there've been many jokes on them recently hehehe

Someone told me once that the difference between a bodhisattva and ourselves, is that bodhisattvas never give up and never succumb to self-pity, which is a self-created obstacle. That attitude is what helps them achieve great deeds.

harrynephew

• Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2010, 10:21:36 AM »

Happy birthday Your Eminence,

Happy Buddha day, because of your choosing to come to planet earth to benefit us sentient beings, we are here today to receive every blessing and benefit there is in this world for world peace, both outer and inner.

I do agree with what Honey Dakini has gotta say in the above. Through Rinpoche's works, many people have benefited. From schools, hospitals and other charitable and healing centres, Rinpoche has created places of solace for many people through his miraculous healing powers. Through HE's association with the United Nations HE is able to reach out to so many more people.

If only Rinpoche can find a way for Dorje Shugden to be well renowned as the world peace protective deity, it will really help to keep the jealous Tibetans at bay

H1N1
Harry Nephew

Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!

Vajraprotector

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2010, 04:17:31 AM »
Lama Gangchen’s work is amazing and he's an outcast  :-[.

These are the list of projects His Eminence Gangchen Tulku (or his organisation) is engaged in:

•   International Medical cooperation to promote Health Projects in Tibet, India and Nepal (including DOT programme and mother and child clinic); int. congress in Beijing, China to promote natural medicines (WHO programs and “Health for All…”)

•   Water project in Tibet, China in support of UNEP fresh water campaign

•   Planting of trees in Tibet, China in support of Agenda 21 and UNEP “One billion trees for life”

•   Children educational programmes in Nepal in support of the decade of a Culture of Peace and Non-Violence for the children of the world

•   Healing journeys to the Amazon rainforest in Brazil in support of the Decade of the World’s Indigenous people, to help preserve their environmental, cultural and spiritual traditions

•   Schools in Nepal for carpet factory workers in support of ILO convention on child labour

•   Revitalisation of rural and alpine cultures such as the Albagnano mountain village in Italy

•   Cultural education programmes to promote and sponsor heritage sites such as Lumbini and Borobudur in support of the UNESCO culture preservation campaign.

•   Co-sponsored bronze elephant statue placed in United Nations headquarters gardens, gift presented by Kenya, Namibia and Nepal, as a “tribute to the environment and commitment to the preservation of the natural world: forever expressing the hope that all animals and human beings may exist in harmony and peace with nature”

•   Support the creation of a permanent Spiritual Forum intended to provide a neutral and democratic permanent space at the global public level, where all those religious institutions and spiritual movements which are willing to join forces with the United Nations in the task of building and consolidating peace around the world could meet and jointly develop useful ways of cooperation

•   Founding member of the Provisional Steering Committee and the coalition promoting the initiative for the launch of a United Nations International Decade for Interreligious Dialogue and Cooperation for Peace (2011-2020). www.faithdecadeforpeace.net

Many more of HELP IN ACTION links here:

Long Distance Adoptions of  Children in Nepal  |  Children in Tibet/China  |  Children in India
Adoption of the elderly and disabled  |  Adoption of Monks  |  Work in the field:
http://www.helpinaction.net/english/long_distance_adoptions.htm

Humanitarian Aid of Emergency Fund  |  Healthcare Projects  |  Monasteries  |  Water Projects in Tibet/China
Educational Projects  |  Agricultural Development Project:
http://www.helpinaction.net/english/humanitarian_aid.htm

May His Eminence live long and continue to benefit sentient beings with his secular, medical and spiritual projects.

DharmaDefender

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2010, 10:18:24 AM »
Lama Gangchen’s work is amazing and he's an outcast  :-[.

These are the list of projects His Eminence Gangchen Tulku (or his organisation) is engaged in:

•   International Medical cooperation to promote Health Projects in Tibet, India and Nepal (including DOT programme and mother and child clinic); int. congress in Beijing, China to promote natural medicines (WHO programs and “Health for All…”)

•   Water project in Tibet, China in support of UNEP fresh water campaign

•   Planting of trees in Tibet, China in support of Agenda 21 and UNEP “One billion trees for life”

•   Children educational programmes in Nepal in support of the decade of a Culture of Peace and Non-Violence for the children of the world

•   Healing journeys to the Amazon rainforest in Brazil in support of the Decade of the World’s Indigenous people, to help preserve their environmental, cultural and spiritual traditions

•   Schools in Nepal for carpet factory workers in support of ILO convention on child labour

•   Revitalisation of rural and alpine cultures such as the Albagnano mountain village in Italy

•   Cultural education programmes to promote and sponsor heritage sites such as Lumbini and Borobudur in support of the UNESCO culture preservation campaign.

•   Co-sponsored bronze elephant statue placed in United Nations headquarters gardens, gift presented by Kenya, Namibia and Nepal, as a “tribute to the environment and commitment to the preservation of the natural world: forever expressing the hope that all animals and human beings may exist in harmony and peace with nature”

•   Support the creation of a permanent Spiritual Forum intended to provide a neutral and democratic permanent space at the global public level, where all those religious institutions and spiritual movements which are willing to join forces with the United Nations in the task of building and consolidating peace around the world could meet and jointly develop useful ways of cooperation

•   Founding member of the Provisional Steering Committee and the coalition promoting the initiative for the launch of a United Nations International Decade for Interreligious Dialogue and Cooperation for Peace (2011-2020). www.faithdecadeforpeace.net

Many more of HELP IN ACTION links here:

Long Distance Adoptions of  Children in Nepal  |  Children in Tibet/China  |  Children in India
Adoption of the elderly and disabled  |  Adoption of Monks  |  Work in the field:
http://www.helpinaction.net/english/long_distance_adoptions.htm

Humanitarian Aid of Emergency Fund  |  Healthcare Projects  |  Monasteries  |  Water Projects in Tibet/China
Educational Projects  |  Agricultural Development Project:
http://www.helpinaction.net/english/humanitarian_aid.htm

May His Eminence live long and continue to benefit sentient beings with his secular, medical and spiritual projects.

I'd like to draw attention to the importance of the water project. The glaciers and snows in Tibet feed the majority of the great rivers throughout Asia. If those water sources were to become polluted, the effect could be devastating for millions of people. Such is the benefit a bodhisattva can bring - from one project, he touches millions of lives.

It's funny because if Tibetans in exile were open to Gangchen Rinpoche, they could receive so much of his help. But they choose to believe rumour over result...just goes to show how detrimental ingratitude can be. The only person who loses out is themselves.

Helena

• Email
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2010, 03:11:00 PM »
I did not know about this great Master as I have not even read about him. Thank you for posting this wonderful info here. Now we can all learn more about important valuable Masters who have truly made a difference in our world.

It is too sad that the TGIE do not appreciate him and hence, would not be utilising his amazing skills for the betterment of their own people in general. The selfish acts of the few truly ruin everything for the greater whole, don't they?
Helena

DharmaDefender

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2010, 07:39:14 AM »
I did not know about this great Master as I have not even read about him. Thank you for posting this wonderful info here. Now we can all learn more about important valuable Masters who have truly made a difference in our world.

It is too sad that the TGIE do not appreciate him and hence, would not be utilising his amazing skills for the betterment of their own people in general. The selfish acts of the few truly ruin everything for the greater whole, don't they?

Heh, I think that's the definition of selfish - "concerned chiefly or only with yourself and your advantage to the exclusion of others". I don't know how they can think they are protecting a BUDDHIST government by being selfish, or how they are serving the Dharma by being selfish.

If you ever get the chance, you should try and visit His Eminence's healing centre in Nepal. It's right near Bodhanath Stupa, and really is quite a wonder when you consider how poor and underprivileged the surrounding neighbourhood is. Did you know His Eminence was able to build it with the assistance of the carpet factory owner nearby? He really helped this carpet factory owner, who then repaid his guru's kindness by building an institution to benefit the locals. That's what a real bodhisattva does I think, inspire others to benefit others...those people become your 1000 arms! :)

DSFriend

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2010, 10:11:42 AM »
How very fortunate I am in this degenerate age
To have in our midst, a living Mahasiddha, the Healing Lama
Just by beholding your radiate countenance
Listening to your holy speech and chants
Subdues my uncontrollable inner maras
May you live for a thousand years
To  continue to turn the Wheel of Dharma
Until samsara ends...

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2010, 02:53:45 PM »
Right now there are some monks from Shar Gaden visiting Gangchen Rinpoche in Italy.
They are on an extended tour of Europe and will also be touring the USA soon.

crazycloud

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2010, 02:59:28 PM »
Gangchen Lama is kicking butt!

hope rainbow

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2010, 04:02:43 PM »
Listen to Gangchen Rinpoche saying the medecine Buddha mantra, absolutely beautiful!
http://dorjeshugden.com/wp/?p=1367

DharmaDefender

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2010, 09:34:33 PM »
Right now there are some monks from Shar Gaden visiting Gangchen Rinpoche in Italy.
They are on an extended tour of Europe and will also be touring the USA soon.

Hi TS, any details on what this tour consists of? Is it like the tour that the Gaden monks do, involving pujas and sand mandalas? Or it's not a public tour?