Author Topic: ROTTERDAM PROTESTS  (Read 6344 times)

psylotripitaka

ROTTERDAM PROTESTS
« on: May 11, 2014, 11:49:51 PM »
I've been going mainly off what I see in public news. Well, I just spoke with a friend from the ISC and have to say Wow! The multi-pronged approach taking place is very thorough and absolutely unbelievable. Here are a couple things that were pointed out to me that I found encouraged by.

- Today at the Rotterdam protests there were over 400 people including 150 Tibetans from various regions
- Extensive video footage showing different responses to the ban and protests
- Special human rights abuse packets to the press, rights groups, government officials etc
- Causing some discomfort or embarrassment to the institutions and venues that invite the DL, getting them to look more carefully at who they're paying so much money to bring out
- Encouraging many Tibetans especially those who have immigrated to democratic countries
- Various other amazing things I won't mention

People attacking protesters as they arrive - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNL0Y1F-r3w&feature=youtu.be

There was a moment when the Tibetans attacked some protesters in Oslo too. Right outside parliment and it included the Dalai Lamas own Body guards. The police quickly intervened. The ISC now has footage of CTA aggression towards people.

Well done ISC!

Tenzin K

Re: ROTTERDAM PROTESTS
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2014, 03:05:09 AM »
The protest is important to show the world the truth of the suffering from the ban that does not give any basis or reasoning. In fact there are people suffered from the violent of the Tibetan government that does not protect their own people but keep pressuring the Shugden practitioners to the unbearable extend.

A peaceful protest from Shugden practitioners shows that what they want is the freedom of practice and to be treated just the same as other people in the country. Looking back at the several protest on Dalai Lama visit is US it to raise the concerns and highlight to the world to look into humanity fairness and the right of the freedom of religious practice. At this era nothing is important than peace and harmonious especially in building a strong country. Obviously what we can see here CTA is doing the opposite and how they want to claim back Tibet and with what basis if they don’t even know how to protect their own people? That is ridiculous!

The world should know the cruelty of CTA and should give the pressure for them to lift the ban!

yontenjamyang

• Email
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2014, 04:53:55 AM »
These protest is one of the most effective way of showing the world that there is a problem within the CTA and with HHDL's policies. It shows to the world not all is fine with HHDL's policies. It further highlight the Ban to be the culprit for the suffering of millions of Tibetan. It highlights the CTA as a bad example of suppression of religious freedom in the modern world and in the face of these questions, HHDL continues to put up a front as the humble, compassionate, loving and smiling monk, which is ridiculous. I am sorry.

HHDL may have His reasons, but enough is enough. It is the time for the ban to come down so that families can be united, basic health care and education not refuse to Shugdens. Most of all, disciples can once again maintain their Guru relationship, which is the most important practice in Tibetan Buddhism, openly, without fear.

shugdenpromoter

• Email
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2014, 05:51:34 AM »
Wow, I am pleasantly surprise that the protest has gone to Rotterdam. It is good as it shows that the protest will take them where ever it is necessary. From the international media coverage of the protest, more will know about the Shugden issues and more questions will be raised regarding the ban.

With the recent protest in US, it has already made international headlines during HH visit. A lot of my friends who knows I am a practicing Tibetan Buddhist has also asked me about my views. It is nice to know that there a more and more out there who listen to logic rather dependent just on blind faith or what HH or CTA says.

sandra

• Email
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2014, 05:04:10 PM »
I am so glad to know that the protest has gone to Rotterdam. I can see that sooner or later all the Shudgen practitioners will stand up to talk about the truth to the whole world. Now is the time for the Shudgen practitioners to defend their rights.  The Shudgen practitioners should demand their rights for being treated fairly and the rights on religious freedom. I believe this will be hot topic for the international media coverage as long the ban still enforcing. I can also see that there are plenty of Shudgen of practitioners at all the corners of the world.  There will be a day that the public will know the ban is just so unreasonable and unbearable. The day will come and the ban will be removed.

paolorossi

• Email
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2014, 07:41:46 PM »
At least we can protest in Rotterdam,praise to the one there were so brave to attend.PaoloRossi

Thom

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2014, 03:55:05 AM »
The Dalai Lama’s fascination with war and Nazism
Renowned as a champion of non-violence, the Dalai Lama revealed a shocking side to himself in an interview with the New York Times in 1993:

‘Dalai Lama: War – without an army, killing as few people as possible – is acceptable …

‘New York Times: Did you say that killing sometimes is acceptable?

‘Dalai Lama: Comparatively.’322

Later in the interview, he is asked what he does to relax. The reply is astonishing.

‘Dalai Lama: I am fond of looking at picture books of the Second World War. I own some, which I believe are produced by Time-Life. I’ve just ordered a new set. Thirty books…. I find many of the machines of violence very attractive. Tanks, airplanes, warships, especially aircraft carriers. And the German U-boats, submarines….’323

The Dalai Lama had plenty of opportunity to find out about the military machinery of the Nazi regime; as a child he was under the tutelage of Heinrich Harrer – a former sergeant in the SS, Hitler’s most loyal soldiers – who for some years in Tibet before the Chinese occupation taught the young Dalai Lama about the outside world.324 Heinrich Harrer enjoyed the fame his book Seven Years in Tibet gave him but concealed his Nazi past. When Disney made a film version of the book, journalists uncovered his dark secrets. Harrer played down his role in the SS, but Gerald Lehner’s book Between Hitler and the Himalayas: Heinrich Harrer’s Memory Lapses provides a much more complete version of events.325

Indeed throughout his life the Dalai Lama has had close associations with many Nazis, including Bruno Beger, who was convicted for his ‘scientific research’ at Auschwitz;326 and Miguel Serrano, head of the Nazi Party in Chile and the author of several books that elevate Hitler to a god-like status.327

Despite his supposed omniscience, the Dalai Lama could be forgiven for not knowing the perverted views of these people when he first met them, as each tried to hide their dark pasts. But even once they had been exposed, the Dalai Lama didn’t distance himself from them or their views.

For example, while working as a Chilean ambassador, Miguel Serrano kept silent about his view of Hitler as a god on earth, but even after he published books expounding his views in 1978, the Dalai Lama maintained a close personal friendship, having private meetings with him in 1984 and 1992.328

In 2006 and 2007, the Dalai Lama publicly gave Jorg Haider his blessings with a ceremonial white scarf (Katag). Haider had been the leader of the Far-Right Austrian Freedom Party (FPO?), and known for publicly airing his appreciation of the policies of Nazi Germany. So much so that when his party was brought in to form a coalition government in Austria the European Union imposed a diplomatic boycott on Austria because of the FPO?’s extreme views.329

So, how deep does the Dalai Lama’s appreciation of the Nazi regime go? The German Stern magazine reports some comments he made at a teaching in Nuremberg (the site of the major Nazi party rallies in the 1930s) in 2008:

‘The Dalai Lama greeted the crowds with his lovely child-like waving of hands. But his speech in the town hall made people gasp, …

‘He recalled seeing Nuremberg on photographs when he was still a child. “Very attractive” with “generals and weapons” and with “Adolf Hitler and Hermann Goering”.

‘Some of the listeners seemed to be embarrassed, some were “alienated for a second”. Nuremberg’s chief mayor Ulrich Maly called it a “moment of shock”.’330

Stern reflected that:

‘… the Tibetan court used to have close ties with the Nazi regime, SS-expeditions were welcomed to Lhasa with full marks of respect. To this day, His Holiness has never distanced himself from these inglorious relationships.’331

pgdharma

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2014, 04:23:10 PM »
Wow I am pleasantly surprise that the protest has spread to Rotterdam. With the recent protests in the US and the wide media coverage, more and more people are aware of Dorje Shugden. Website like www.dorjeshugden. has constantly provided informative articles about Dorje Shugden and this has also helped many to understand why it is important that the ban must be lifted soon.

Every Shugdenpa has the right to defend for what they believe in and nothing will stop them from protecting their rights. It is time for the ban to be lifted and for all Buddhists to pray in harmony.

Manisha Kudo

• Email
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2014, 10:28:17 PM »
The aim of these protests is to create international media awareness that ultimately would put pressure on the Dalai Lama to face this pertinent issue of not only religious freedom but the infringement of basic human rights. The Tibetans are already in exile, living under the unfair regime of China and suffered tremendously during the invasion. Then, why should there be internal oppression and separation? It is really about time that HHDL come out of denial and address the plight of the Shugden-pas.

Lift the ban!