Author Topic: THE BAN: WHY IT CAME AND HOW IT ENDS  (Read 7642 times)

hope rainbow

THE BAN: WHY IT CAME AND HOW IT ENDS
« on: May 04, 2014, 04:58:49 AM »
If we had better merits, His Holiness and Dorje Shugden, in their pledge to bring "us" into spirituality, would not have to use this rather unusual and rather confusing method of having a Buddha "banning" another Buddha and thus create a complex political situation, conflicts, confusion, ostracism and segregation for us to live in, face or even sometimes suffer from.

But the fact is this: for the vast majority of us, we only have the merit to get into spirituality through scandals, bans, defamation, "taking-sides" etc.... because that is where our mind is...
That is what "works" for us.

So I think only one thing can bring the ban down, and it is not for His Holiness to lift the ban, it is not for the CTA to lift the ban, it is not for Trijang Rinpoche or others to turn things around and lift the ban, no it is none of that, I think that the only thing that can bring the ban down is that we create the merits for this to happen.

I believe that the more we are, the more sincere we are, the faster this will happen.

bonfire

Re: THE BAN: WHY IT CAME AND HOW IT ENDS
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2014, 05:43:39 AM »
HR, this is an interesting take....
Well at least one that makes us take responsibility for the ordeals we must face.
Perhaps by taking responsibility for what "comes to us", we would be more diligent in acting on it?
Perhaps...

Though I am not sure I agree with how you say that "Dorje Shugden creates things for us to suffer" from...
I mean, DS does not want us to suffer, His motivation is to free us from suffering, not to create suffering.
WE are the ones that create sufferings...
But maybe that is actually what you meant anyway...

So, then, how do we create the merit for us to see the ban be lifted?
How do we do that?

eyesoftara

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 07:56:48 AM »
HR, this is an interesting take....
Well at least one that makes us take responsibility for the ordeals we must face.
Perhaps by taking responsibility for what "comes to us", we would be more diligent in acting on it?
Perhaps...

Though I am not sure I agree with how you say that "Dorje Shugden creates things for us to suffer" from...
I mean, DS does not want us to suffer, His motivation is to free us from suffering, not to create suffering.
WE are the ones that create sufferings...
But maybe that is actually what you meant anyway...

So, then, how do we create the merit for us to see the ban be lifted?
How do we do that?

Bonfire, My take on "to create the merits for us to see the ban lifted" is to practice the Dharma sincerely with the motivation to benefit others. Further, the path that we take is Lama Tsongkhapa's teachings. That is the teachings that the Protector is protecting. Within that, it the Prasangika ie the "Middle Way" view of Emptiness that is the core teaching and propounded by Nagajurna, Bhavaviveka and Chandrakirti. If we learn, contemplate and spread the teachings then, I think we are creating the merits for the ban to be lifted.

Dondrup Shugden

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2015, 02:16:12 PM »
Practice with sincerity and rigorously will help to bring the end to the ban.

As mentioned it is illogical for this ban to exist, makes one wonder if it is for us to remove our negativities so the Dorje Shugden can be here to protect and benefit many.

Let us be virtuous and lift the ban.

angelica

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2015, 03:25:37 PM »
If we want the ban to be lifted, we must act. We must practice sincerely, help to spread the Dorje Shugden practice and benefit others. The more followers we have, the stronger we are and we will definitely be able to lift the ban.

kelly

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2015, 07:41:15 AM »
In order for the ban to lift we just need to continue practice transform our mind and the most important is to have strong guru devotion follow the instruction of one guru continue to do what he said eventually the ban will be lifted, we as a DS practitioner has to work together to lift the ban we must has strong believe that DS is powerful and he be able to help us to overcome all our inner and outer obstacles.

prodorjeshugden

• Email
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2016, 02:17:19 PM »
Create merits to end the ban.... That sounds like a good way, except most of us won't go all the way to try and lift the ban. A lot of us resort to protest and sometimes violence in an effort to bring down the ban. Many say that the Dalai Lama is at fault, but i don't really think that is true. Indeed he may have ordered that the monks who practice Dorje  Shugden, but surely as a Buddha how could he possibly mean harm?
 Of course the Ban isn't all good news so yes we should still keep working on making it end soon, but remember, whatever you do to try and stop the ban make sure that no violence or racism is involved with it.

Jason Statham

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2016, 10:57:26 PM »
I like the way you explain it, @prodorjeshugden. We should never be violent to others no matter how they treat us instead, we should be kind and gentle just like how we have been all along. And prove to them that they are the one who are being violent and unreasonable. The Dalai Lama has always been trying to make the world a better place regardless of others religion. Like the time he spoke about stopping ISIS from terrorizing the world, why would he go so far to save others, talk about loving everyone regardless of their religion and here are my fellow Dorje Shugden brothers and sisters being criticize by their own people just because they practice Dorje Shugden. Please hurry up and let the ban end quickly so that my fellow brothers and sisters can practice Dorje Shugden without having being criticize.

Matibhadra

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2016, 11:49:40 PM »
The Dalai Lama has always been trying to make the world a better place regardless of others religion.

How untrue. The evil dalie has always been trying to serve the Western agenda of bringing chaos to Buddhist countries (as it does with Muslim countries), thus attacking uncomplying Buddhists in Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Tibet, China, and wherenot.

The evil dalie is a Western geopolitical asset, his leadership being inflated with Nobel prizes and massive media promotion, so that he can be used against uncomplying Buddhist countries and communities worldwide as a propagandistic tool.

Unfortunately some so-called Shugdenpas, pretending not to realize that they are just playing in the hands of such crude interests, keep showing subservience to the evil dalie, thus proving that politics, not Dharma, is their main practice, and that Dharma is indeed just a small part of them. 

VeronicaSmith

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2016, 05:58:50 PM »
I actually really agree with this post as it makes so much sense to me. Unfortunately, it is true that many of us do not have many merits and we collect too much bad karma for us to get such amazing things in our lives like the pure Dharma. So I agree with this reasoning as we can only get the Dharma like this because of our lack of merits mainly.

So the true way to lift the ban is to create the good causes for it with merits and fight it the right way. I thought this post made a lot of sense and thank you for sharing.

grandmapele

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2016, 09:12:07 AM »
I am now truly disturbed. How can I practice to be a true Buddhist and not say anything bad about another human being and yet do what is right by sentient beings? The confusion, frustrations and anger created by the Dalai Lamas and the CTA has created terrible suffering for many Buddhists. So much violence by Buddhists when the Buddha taught the absolute opposite? How can that be right?

The karma of the Tibetans and Buddhist must be so terrible for these to happen.

James Bond

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2016, 04:52:26 PM »
I cannot agree more with this post. The information and logic behind it stands out so much to me. One of my favourite posts on this forum by far.

The whole idea of merits makes sense and is very interesting. I guess if we all did have better merits the ban would be lifted by now. But sadly, not a lot of people have these merits. People act negatively and gain bad karma instead of merits. Since i agree with this post on its logic with merits, it is now up to us to lift the ban. We must all focus to gain more merits and dedicate that to the lifting of the ban. Then it will surely happen.