Author Topic: Dorje Shugden visualization  (Read 12158 times)

Big Uncle

Dorje Shugden visualization
« on: April 15, 2014, 05:44:33 AM »
Just thought I share a visualization that was taught to me by a monk and one can have during the recitation of Dorje Shugden's mantra. In the beginning of the visualization, Dorje Shugden is as big as a mountain. Each of the snow lion's paw rests on a mountain top and towering above, Dorje Shugden cradles a mongoose that spits copious amounts of wisdom jewels.

The jewels falls upon the practitioner and dissolves into the body and mind of the practitioner. Thus the practitioner gains the blessings of attainments and purification where necessary. Some jewels also falls upon family members and friends, bestowing the same blessings. Other jewels falls upon the Dharma center bestowing resources, blessings and practitioners. The jewels can be visualized to 'drop' upon any organization or people, evoking the power and blessings of Dorje Shugden.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 06:38:40 PM by Big Uncle »

icy

Re: Dorje Shugden visualization
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 07:42:04 AM »
Thank you Big Uncle for the sharing.

During my prayers and mantra recitation of Dorje Shugden, I visualise the mongoose of Dorje Shugden spits bountiful wisdom jewels dissolving into the bodies and minds of every beings in limitless space, purifying their body, speech and mind and thus achieving attainments and merits for the ban to melt away.

Q

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 05:49:54 AM »
Wow, this is precious... I do not have a teacher to teach me the visualizations. Thank you for sharing this with us! I was wondering is this visualization available in ds.com? I don't remember reading this... If memory serves me well, I have only read about the visualization on Kawang

pgdharma

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 10:39:52 PM »
Thank you, Big Uncle for sharing this with us! This visualization will be very useful for practitioners who does not have a teacher to guide them but would like to do DS practice with visualization.

christine V

• Email
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2014, 05:54:07 AM »
Big Uncle,

Thanks for sharing this visualization.

kris

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2014, 06:03:47 AM »
This is the visualisation for gaining wisdom and health as posted in dorjeshugden.com:

http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/features/a-healing-and-wisdom-meditation-of-dorje-shugden/

I have also heard there is another visualisation:

visualise the om - ah - hum. "om" at the top of head with white colour, "ah" at the throat with red colour, "hum" at the heart level with blue colour; and visualise these colours purify us.

I supposed all these visualisation are all OK?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 05:18:00 AM by Admin »

Manjushri

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2014, 07:32:48 AM »
Thank you for the teachings of the visualisation. It really helps especially for those who do not easily have access to a teacher, this site and forum gives alot of insights and guidance on how to practise and the prayers that we can do. Thank you.

When doing my mantra recitation, I just visualise Dorje Shugden infront of me, and if I need help or need to help others, through my visualisations, I send many Dorje Shugdens over to the place/person/animal, surrounding them, and request Dorje Shugden to help. Not sure if it works, but that's all I can think of.

lotus1

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2014, 07:52:02 PM »

Thank you very much Big uncle for sharing the unique visualization of Dorje Shugden. This is very important as it is to bring resources to we ourselves, our Dharma center as well as our family.

Thanks kris for sharing this page of healing & wisdom visualization.
I believe both this visualization shared by Big Uncle and the page shared by you are ok to be followed.

Freyr Aesiragnorak

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2014, 01:12:06 AM »
Thank you for sharing this great visualisation for during the mantra recitation. I have started doing this visualisation  in my own practice. I shared this with one of my senior dharma brothers who told me that this visualisation is very good. We should do this visualisation particularly strongly for our dharma centres. This way we create the causes for our centres to have many resources, to continue out practice strongly in face of the unjustified ban. The more we practice properly, with beneficial visualisations such as this one, the world is sure to wake up to the fact that the ban flies in the face of religious freedom, as we will have the conviction of faith to educate the world.

Tenzin K

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2014, 05:43:26 AM »
It’s a great teaching of visualization. I have not encounter this before but it’s nice and so meaningful.
This visualization is really teaching us to be compassion and visualize the jewels falls upon all the people and to anyone or any beings as well as surrounding to be benefited. Only the Buddha teaching will encourage such action. I have no doubt of Lord Shugden is a Buddha. This also shows me that one who practices it firmly one will be able to help many because by us visualizing someone will get the blessing but of course I also believe one must have met the requirement in order to have such attainment. It also shows me how great this protector by one strongly focus, one with great guru devotion, one can request the help from this protector to help others but of course it's also depend on how heavy one karma is.

RedLantern

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2014, 12:33:09 PM »
Thank you for sharing the visualization process for mantra recitation.I agree it is very useful explanation for those who do not have a teacher to guide them.
Will apply this visualization in my daily practice.With the right motivation of collecting merits and using our human body to benefit others , may all be blessed by Dorje Shugden,who is one with the Wisdom Buddha Manjushri.

maricisun

• Email
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2014, 03:35:07 PM »
Thank you for sharing the Dorje Shugden visualisation. Will be able to apply this whenever I'm doing the prayers and hope to get all the blessings and merits and to be able to dedicate to all. May everyone be blessed by protector Dorje Shugden for he is also Manuushri and Tsongkhapa.

dorshugfriend

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2014, 09:03:53 AM »
Thanks Big Uncle, this is really helpful. I always believe with visualisations, your mantras become more strong. Thanks again!

samayakeeper

• Email
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2014, 09:31:44 AM »
Great sharing everyone! I like this website because there are so many useful information for Dorje Shugden practices and so much knowledge to gain and so many discussions going on. And because of the ban by the Dalai Lama and the implementation of it by the CTA it gave birth to this wonderful website by the hardworking and loyal people who are practicing real guru devotion. Thank you!

Dondrup Shugden

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2015, 08:25:10 AM »
Wow, I have always said Hum Ah Hum to purify the space and altar before starting my prayers.  Now I know where to channel this purification prayer and the colours to visualise.  Thank you very much.

It is wonderful to also visualise the jewels falling on my Dharma centres to request for growth and resources to achieve such growth.  Buddhist centres growth for the spread of the Dharma in ten directions.  Extremely helpful visualisations.