Author Topic: Jennifer Aniston wants to be a Buddhist[  (Read 12428 times)

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
Jennifer Aniston wants to be a Buddhist[
« on: April 05, 2014, 10:50:31 AM »

Here is some celebrity news this weekend! This isn't so frivolous because everyone deserves spirituality - whether you're an ordinary joe or an extraordinary Jenn!

I do hope she becomes a Buddhist as it will bring her inner peace and she will also be seen as an endorsement for Buddhism. Maybe she will become a Dorje Shugden practitioner! I look forward to good news!

Jennifer Aniston wants to be a Buddhist
April 4th, 2014 10:20am EDT
http://www.starpulse.com/news/Lucy_Hobson/2014/04/04/jennifer_aniston_wants_to_be_a_buddhis

Jennifer Aniston is thinking about becoming a Buddhist.

The former 'Friends' star has been inspired to embrace spirituality by her friend Demi Moore and as well as learning more about Buddhism she is also exploring Kabbalah.

A source told the latest issue OK! magazine: "As Jen gets older, she feels she's benefit from guidance. She's been talking to friends and has been interested in learning more about several religions, including Buddhism."

Jennifer - who is engaged to actor Justin Theroux - had dinner with Demi recently and took the opportunity to quiz the 'Ghost' star about her belief in Kabbalah, which is a mystical off-shoot off Judaism.

Jennifer, 45, was fascinated by what Demi, 51, said about her faith but is believed to be leaning towards Buddhism because she is such an ardent follower of yoga.

The source revealed: "Jen was struck by how calm and centred Demi seemed. Jen was intrigued and decided to get private lessons. She loves the idea of studying something spiritual, and she already does yoga, so it seems like a natural next step."
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

buddhalovely

• Email
Re: Jennifer Aniston wants to be a Buddhist
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 03:36:57 PM »
Well I wouldn't count this news as a shocker, apparently Buddhism have been one of the most fast growing trends around the world and with the amount of pressure and stress these celebrities go through Buddhism is surely a much better alternative than drugs(one of the leading causes of celebrity deaths) or what not. I admire Jennifer so much, I grew in love with her comical sense of humour and brilliant acting in friends. This is marvelous  news, hopefully more celebrities would do the same and seek peace in Buddha.

RedLantern

Re: Jennifer Aniston wants to be a Buddhist[
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2014, 03:01:42 PM »

Buddhism is like a pointer and a guidance for a peaceful life and gives a lot of freedom to everyone to study practice,and feel the teaching within oneself rather than believing what someone tells you is true.
A follower of Buddha,not in the sense of a religion but more in the sense of following the teachings He gave is in order to do like he did : awaken to a higher reality.
May she gain peace and happiness and have a smooth spiritual journey.

ilikeshugden

• Email
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2014, 03:31:04 PM »
I am honestly not surprised. Buddhism is one of the most fastest growing trends in the world. The Dharma, when learnt, does arise in the form of a calm, attractive personality. So, having Buddhist friends do allow people to "convert" easier because anyone can see how Buddhism benefits someone mentally.

fruven

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2014, 06:06:24 PM »
Becoming a Buddhist is just the beginning. What is more important is the study and application of Dharma. Otherwise it would just be another cover of our own sense of self. "The people I know is getting into spirituality and I have to get into it" kind of thinking.

Regardless of what faith we are in it would benefit us more on the amount of time we engaged in the teachings from our faith. How much of time we think of others instead of our own self.  How much compassion and care we act toward others daily.

I do hope these news of celebrities exploring their own spirituality will bring more people to spirituality.

Big Uncle

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2014, 02:55:15 AM »
It's nice to have celebrities become Buddhist and endorse Buddhist beliefs. Buddhism has much to offer in the way of tools to handle and manage any aspect of life provided the practitioner is wiling to look inside and perceive ourselves for who we really are. It requires a certain level of honesty and introspection for Buddhist tools to be able to work its magic. I do hope she becomes Buddhist not so much for her ability to influence others (which she will) but also because Buddhism has much to offer her. I do find it intriguing that she would like yoga with Buddhism. Yoga is relatively Hindu, no?

yontenjamyang

• Email
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2014, 04:12:06 AM »
I have been a fan since her "Friends" days and on and off see news on the news. My impression is that she does not really have a successful personal life. Of course I could be wrong or am judging her. She seems to be going from one relation to another. I really wish her well.
If she embrace Buddhism it would be the best. Studying and internalizing the Buddha's teachings can really help in her life, not mention future lives. On the other hand it will give the Dharma another "win" in these degenerate age and help others more as like it or not, celebrities like her does carry a lot of influence to the ordinary folks.

brian

• Email
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2014, 05:38:00 PM »
Seems like every one wants to be a Buddhist now. I think it is really happening. More and more people wanting to be Buddhist and sought for the real happiness and not something short term. For someone as successful as Jennifer, i would say it will be good omen and a good point of reference as to more and more celebrities are turning to Buddhism for eternal happiness and a new way of life.

Andrea Keating

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2014, 11:54:15 AM »
Jennifer Aniston wants to be a Buddhist!  Of course it would be great news. But please don’t just wants, be one!  There is so much to offer in Buddhism.  Learning and practicing the dharma will definitely help her find peace and happiness in life.  From what has been reported about Jennifer’s relationship, it seems that she has not found her Mr. Right. The Buddha’s teachings would help calm her mind and understand herself better.  I wish her all the best in her spiritual journey!

cookie

• Email
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2014, 10:46:08 AM »
Anyone with the affinity to Buddhism, if they embrace it sincerely and practice it, will bring endless benefits to themselves and all those around them.Hence, Jennifer Aniston who has gone through so many "failures" in her personal relationships would definitely find solace and answers to the past and present conditions in her life, if she sincerely practice Buddhism. It will explain clearly why she has the Karma of  experiencing short, impermanent and painful situations, in the course of finding true love. Buddhism will help her move on to a better state of mind for her future, both in this life and future lifetimes.
And because she is such a famous and successful celebrity, she will be of great help to many who come by her way, with the Wisdom and Compassion she gains from learning Buddhism.

bambi

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2014, 02:28:46 PM »
Yes its great news but it would be better if those celebrities who are already practicing Buddhism bring awareness to more people. Such as the benefits that 1 can get from studying and practicing the Dharma. How 1 can be better in many aspects of their life if they truly practice.
About her personal life, I am sure she is just like any of us, looking for that happiness that they think exist so when they cant get what they want, they look for other ways. Not knowing that the ultimate happiness, Buddha's teachings is staring right at her.

rossoneri

• Email
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2014, 12:47:43 PM »
I really hope more and more influential people and celebrities will become a Buddhist, not to put down other religion but it's seems like the main reason a person who converted from other religion claimed to have found inner peace once they started practising. With that simple reason it is good enough for me already but i am not as famous and rich as them, with their influences they can do much more in order to draw people's attention towards Buddhism and eventually will help spreading the teachings of the Buddha globally.

Not to forget that with their status as an international stars they can help to raise funds to build more monasteries and beautiful statues.

Manjushri

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2014, 09:12:44 AM »
Whether she becomes Buddhist or not, isn't as important as whether she finds true happiness and meaning in her life. Christian, Jew, Buddhist, Kabbalah.. If what she studies and learn relates and applies to her very much, and can improve her state of being, then that is great. Of course, if she became Buddhist it would be great because as a Buddhist practitioner, I know and see how much Buddhism has helped me and given me peace. I am sure other religions would to, just speaking from experience. But I hope she finds the path that best suits her. 

Galen

• Email
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2014, 09:59:18 AM »
This goes to show that rich and famous people are also seeking for more other than money. They have all the money they wanted but I'm sure there is still a void in their life which they are seeking to fill. This is where religion and spirituality comes in. I would assume that Jennifer is in a stage of her life where she is quite stable in her career and relationship but it is still not enough for her. her relationships have been in the limelight all this time because she is famous, maybe with this engagement, she is more stable and wanting to move to another stage of spirituality.

Irregardless of which religion she chooses, application of the religion in her life would benefit her. Of course, if she chooses Buddhism, then buddhism has another high profile spokesperson.

X

• Email
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2014, 10:20:13 AM »
Buddhism is a fast growing trend is because people can easily relate Buddhism to themselves, relate Buddhism to their life. We can see that Buddhism is everywhere in the World now. For Jennifer Aniston to choose to become a Buddhist is very normal. It is a good news for Jennifer Aniston to become a Buddhist, she will inspire a lot of people as she is a celebrity. I wish her well and continue to learn more about Buddhism.