Author Topic: Does the Gelug Tradition Have a Future?  (Read 8688 times)

gbds3jewels

• Email
Re: Does the Gelug Tradition Have a Future?
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2014, 08:38:48 AM »
I don't think it matters to ask whether the Gelug Tradition has a future as oppose to asking why the tradition needs to have a future. I'm a believer that if there's a need then there will be a way to preserve it. One thing human beings have proven themselves to be are survival. We will preserve if we find the need to do so. It's almost instinct. It is up to the followers or practitioners of any traditions to preserve it and uphold its place in the future. If the Gelug practitioners understand the significance and importance of needing to preserve its tradition, then I'm sure the tradition will be preserved and it's future assured with or without HHTDL.

samayakeeper

• Email
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2014, 09:56:54 AM »
I don't think the Gelug tradition will fade and die off but will shine and grow stronger, thanks to the controversy brought on by the Dalai Lama. It has accelerated the need for more lamas to come forth with joined efforts to keep Dorje Shugden tradition and practices alive and well. This controversy has also attracted the attention of the media worldwide and much publicity has been and is being garnered. Dorje Shugden is more known today than it was 20 years ago. If the Dalai Lama did not escape safely from Tibet through the compassionate foresight of Dorje Shugden, the world today may not know of the existence of Dorje Shugden. Thank you, Dalai Lama.

maricisun

• Email
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2014, 11:30:48 AM »
Of course the Gelup Tradition have a future! The Gelup lineage has been around for so many years till this day and with all the practitioners of Je Tsongkhapa still practicing the Gelup tradition will continue to grow and flourish.
And there is the protector Dorje Shugden to protect the lineage and it will continue to grow and grow.