Author Topic: Tibetan Public Talk 2014  (Read 9480 times)

vajratruth

• Global Moderator
Tibetan Public Talk 2014
« on: February 09, 2014, 08:30:14 PM »
In the recent Tibetan Public Talk on January 27th 2014, the erudite scholar of Serpom Monastery, Lharam Geshe Palden talks about how Serpom came about as the result of their [forced] separation from Sera Monastery; how the monks of Pomra khangtsen had to suffer as they established Serpom and encouraged listeners to 'stick with honesty' to prevail. Geshe Palden personally endured tremendous sufferings because of his devotion to Dorje Shugden as was the first Discipline Master of Serpom Monastery which Geshe-la held for 2 years.

Geshe Palden explained how the Pomra Khangtsen monks separated form Sera Mey and in fact, they had every right to demand for their share of monastic property and assets, but instead chose to relinquish property and focused on following Je Tsongkhapa's teachings. Geshe-la further stressed in the interview that Serpom and Dorje Shugden lamas objective is not to oppose the Dalai Lama or the Tibetan Govt but to save the precious teachings of Tsongkhapa from being eroded. To the Geshe, being a Buddhist, one should not omit even one sentient being. So, cutting off relation with anyone is breaching the rules of Buddhism.

There should be much more dialogues like this and it is good to see monks and scholars more willing to speak up to create awareness of what's truly going on in the Tibetan settlements that the CTA is hiding.

Tibetan Public Talk 2014, January 27, 2014

« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 07:32:49 PM by vajratruth »

icy

Re: Tibetan Public Talk 2014
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 04:42:01 AM »
Yes Vajratruth, it is certainly wonderful to see such dialogues by Serpom Monks on the issue.  I wonder when will Shar Ganden come out with similar dialogues on all the misdoings of CTA to be recorded and aired.  It is time all Shugdenpas must come out to the forefront and tell the whole wide world the misdeeds of the CTA.   CTA must be exposed!  It will be fabulous if someone could translate these dialogues to English so foreigners can understand these dialogues to have better coverage.

yontenjamyang

• Email
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 07:03:49 AM »
Yes. Honesty is the truth and honesty really means being courageous as well in this case. It would benefit more Tibetans that the "victims' of CTA go out to speak publicly about the real reasons that there is this "separation" in the monasteries and Tibetan societies all over the world.
Geshe Palden is very wise and courageous to encourage everyone to "stick to honesty" to prevail. I agree with him and hope this "stick to honesty" advice will be pick up more by international media to show the world what the CTA is really all about.

Q

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 04:13:02 PM »
Brave... very admirably brave monks of Serpom monastery to have such an open talk regarding such a sensitive issue especially after what happened to Gen Chonze in december 2013 (http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/the-controversy/cta-creates-violence-again/)

On top of that, I heard that the CTA have been giving warnings that they will be coming down hard on anyone stirring the DS issue within the community. Although I find this very inspiring and hope that more DS practitioners to voice out, I do hope that the Serpom monks would take extra care and have higher security for their safety.

When will this pointless ban come to an end?.... It truly is saddening... We need a stronger movement than just having small Public talks such as this... while the Dalai Lama gives public talks to tens of thousands of people... how can we, DS practitioners match up to that? Are we even reaching out to that many audience and people that would actually understand the pain we go through...?

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2014, 08:40:00 AM »
What i am moved by is the magnanimity with which Serpom Lharampa Geshe Palden has towards the Dalai Lama and the Central Tibetan Administration (CTA). He says that we should "not to oppose the Dalai Lama or the Tibetan Govt but to save the precious teachings of Tsongkhapa from being eroded".

How perfectly Buddhist that is - to not fight back or have negativity towards your oppressors but instead to focus on their bigger purpose, which is to guard the growth of Lama Tsongkhapa's teachings. This was Dorje Shugden's very own sacred task - to protect the teachings of Lama Tsongkhapa and it is wonderful to see this expressed by the holy monks.
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

Rihanna

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2014, 06:01:04 AM »
(To the Geshe, being a Buddhist, one should not omit even one sentient being. So, cutting off relation with anyone is breaching the rules of Buddhism.)

Breaching the rules of Buddhism? This is light. How about causing schism among sangha from the part of CTA? Isn't this one of the five heinous crimes? CTA tells lies about Dorje Shugden, imposes sanctions so that monks who practice Dorje Shugden can't buy even basic provisions from the grocers, instills fear among sangha till they dare not even look into the eyes of their childhood friends for fear of being accused of their friendship, and the list goes on till monasteries split up. I pray that CTA realises their grievous act and repent before it is too late for them. There is no bardo for one who commits any of the five heinous crimes. Avichi is waiting....

Kim Hyun Jae

• Email
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2014, 02:38:51 AM »
I applaud the brave action of the Serpom monks and scholars who took the courage to exposed and highlight what the CTA had been doing to deny DS practitioners of their rights in the monastery and high time for MORE of these Tibetan Public Talks and dialogue from other DS monasteries to go online and preferably *translated* to educate the public on the ban on Dorje Shugden. English readers here would definitely love to participate in learning what the Serpom monks and scholars have to say on this.

No one is against the Dalai Lama but Dorje Shugden followers are just protecting the erosion of the precious teachings of Je Tsongkhapa and preserving the lineage to benefit all beings for eons to come.

Thank you Serpom Monastery monks and scholars who had been so brave as to highlight this dialogue to be shared to the whole world.

kris

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2014, 08:39:54 AM »
I have been to India and been to Serpom monastery. It is very difficult for outsiders to understand the hardship they are going through because of the ban. As a Dorje Shugden pracitioners outside of India and Tibetan community, I can practice Dorje Shugden freely and without any harassment, but in Tibetan community, Dorje Shugden practitioners are denied the basic necessities, hospital, medical treatments etc.

From the many monks who practice Dorje Shugden, they all speak the same tone: peace, kindness, and not blaming HH Dalai Lama.

However, being kind does not mean to be bullied. We need to create awareness and let the world know about the unfair and unnecessary ban, with the motivation of creating a peace and harmonious community.

lotus1

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2014, 04:10:59 PM »
Thank you so much Vajratruth for sharing. It is great to see such dialogue on Dorje Shugden so that more people will know about the sufferings that the Dorje Shugden practitioners has been through and they are not the trouble makers. It is very brave of Geshe-la to disclose this to the public despite they may be facing harm from CTA.

As Geshe-la stressed in the dialogue, Serpom and Dorje Shugden lamas objective is not to oppose the Dalai Lama or the Tibetan Government but to save the precious teachings of Tsongkhapa from being eroded.

CTA, please wake up! Please do not accuse the Dorje Shugden monasteries and monks any more on going against HH Dalai Lama. Please do not harm any more Dorje Shugden practitioners. Instead, please lift the ban and unite all the Tibetan! We are one big family!

pgdharma

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2014, 01:58:11 AM »
It is good to see dialogue like this to create awareness of how Dorje Shugden practitioners are being deprived of their rights to practice freely.  I respect Geshe la for being brave enough to openly share this dialogue especially after what happened to Gen Chonze recently and I hope no harm will come to him. Who knows what nasty actions the CTA will come out with to hurt and harm those who speak up openly.

dsiluvu

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2014, 06:53:08 AM »
What i am moved by is the magnanimity with which Serpom Lharampa Geshe Palden has towards the Dalai Lama and the Central Tibetan Administration (CTA). He says that we should "not to oppose the Dalai Lama or the Tibetan Govt but to save the precious teachings of Tsongkhapa from being eroded".

How perfectly Buddhist that is - to not fight back or have negativity towards your oppressors but instead to focus on their bigger purpose, which is to guard the growth of Lama Tsongkhapa's teachings. This was Dorje Shugden's very own sacred task - to protect the teachings of Lama Tsongkhapa and it is wonderful to see this expressed by the holy monks.

WORDS of a TRUE DHARMA PRACTITIONER, TEACHER, BUDDHIST, COMPASSIONATE BEING!
If we want to bring the ban down it is so important to do it with the right MOIVATION and the right METHODS as well so we do not collect negative repercussions/karma from being a hero with no wisdom.

I do not agree with what HHDL is doing and really think the CTA is doing a great job destroying themselves already... just think about it, after HHDL is gone... who will actually listen to them since Tibetans are now SPLIT up! But I'm not sure if the whole protest campaign organised by WSS carries the right image we as Shugdenpas want to portray... a bit too harsh for me, but that is just me... maybe the MEDIA loves it and it's one way to get their attention? What do you think?

Look at this picture the WSS has put up... Tibetans speaking up against the ban... it is good, I applause them, but just not sure if the title FalseDalaiLama is appropriate... would it make us look just like those angry illiterate Tibetans that name call us all the time? But I do think asking the Dalai Lama to "please STOP LYING" is okay because it's the truth.... Hmmmm, like I said maybe it's for the medias attention...

maricisun

• Email
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2014, 02:45:59 PM »
Yes. It is good to know that there will be more dialogue in the coming future. It's due to their strong guru devotion and to carry on with the lineage of Je Tsongkhapa and Dorje Shugden practice.
With this hopefully they can re-educate the pubic on the faith and practice of Dorje Shugden and that the ban be lifted soon.

brian

• Email
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2014, 03:56:29 PM »
Actually it is certainly good news to see dialogues such as this nature are being discussed. It would be even greater to see similar dialogues be held on all the harm that CTA brought to the sufferings of the Dorje Shugden practitioners. I feel this is really the time to rise and talk about the misdeeds which CTA have been doing and let it all be exposed to the whole world. It does take a lot of courage for monks and scholars to really step up to expose the wrong doings of CTA. Hope by doing so, more and more people will come to know of CTA's wrongdoings and put them into shambles.