Author Topic: Thief meets sudden death while stealing Buddhas  (Read 16907 times)

brian

• Email
Re: Thief meets sudden death while stealing Buddhas
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2014, 04:15:00 PM »
LOL How possible can this happen? Buddha killing someone for stealing? Karma will take care of this. And not Buddha. It could be Gods or spirits that was not happy with the thief. I have heard of cases where Buddha statues were stolen and nothing went wrong with the thief on the spot. It is just plain coincidence for this to happen. When the karma of the person ripened, not even a Buddha will be able to save a person. This is what i feel.

rossoneri

• Email
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2014, 05:47:03 AM »
It'll appears to the public like the Buddha is punishing the thieves for stealing. The first thing which came to their mind is other did this to the thieves and not themselves who did it, people tend to have the habit of putting the responsible to others and not themselves. In this case, i would say the attention of stealing of Buddha head which have been worshiping by millions since it was built in the 15th Century have resulted the negative karma to ripen so fast which leads to the death of the thief. Imagine, the negative karma of stealing the Buddha's statue head which will put a stop to the wheel of Dharma in this particular monastery. Very heavy...

eyesoftara

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2014, 09:16:37 AM »
Obviously the Buddhas do not cause any persons death, even the one that try to steal a statue of a Buddha. What probably happened is that the karma for one's life as a human ended, either coincidentally while stealing the Buddha statue or the act itself trigger a negative karma to ripen. According to the law or karma, the act of stealing will cause poverty in the future.

I suspect the deaths are coincidences, but one of the last acts before one's death is stealing Buddha statues, does not bode well for one next rebirth.