Author Topic: Girl's Christmas Shopping Drives Boyfriend To Suicide  (Read 11394 times)

brian

• Email
Re: Girl's Christmas Shopping Drives Boyfriend To Suicide
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2014, 02:56:33 PM »
wow, never knew shopping can kill! it does ring sadness into me really. Why would one person can be so attached to this until he had to take his life away? He could have easily just dump her girlfriend and get a new life. This is one of the many examples that show one can be happier and live better with Dharma knowledge. Imagine if Tao had Dharma knowledge or at least can think better... i am sure this tragic news would not have materialised.

Aurore

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2014, 10:05:42 PM »
Attachments to material goods and relationship drove this guy to his death. He took the easy way out of samsara rather than face the difficulties of his relationship. The method to get back and escape from his girlfriend in exchange for his life is a total waste of human life. It's unbelievable how little people value their life.

This particular piece of news is a perfect example of how partners in relationships can drag each other to hell with their own personal attachments. The kind of partners people choose to be with are extremely crucial as it can damaging or beneficial.

diablo1974

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2014, 08:49:13 AM »
Thats very silly of him to end his life like that.
But to say that, because we are not in his position yet. We are all the same as him doing silly things but we are still alive (the only difference).  I personally feels that this man had stood up with his present relationship but love blinded him by giving in too much to his partner and he do not have anywhere to lean upon to for a rest. This has made him going towards ending his life.

pgdharma

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2014, 05:58:32 AM »
Indeed tragic.  In a fit of anger, a life is lost. If only Tao has dharma and is able to control his emotions and anger, such tragic incident would not have occurred. I conclude that Tao is not a strong person and maybe a coward and can’t take pressure. If he is strong enough, he should say No and dropped all the shopping bags and leave his girlfriend. Why jump to death? He is also a selfish person, not thinking of how his family members and loved ones will be affected by his death.

Kim Hyun Jae

• Email
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2014, 08:12:50 AM »
I would not be able to understand why Tao was in such a fit of anger and being headless as to jump from the shopping mall. If it was such a pain going shopping and tolerating the girlfriend, then just Dump her. I don't think the girlfriend is the only female in China. Perhaps Tao doesn't have much of respect for himself and lived to pleased others instead of saying NO! to his girlfriend. Tao's parent would have been devastated over his death just because of a "girlfriend".