Author Topic: Elvis reincarnates back in Canada?  (Read 8591 times)

DS Star

Elvis reincarnates back in Canada?
« on: December 29, 2013, 02:36:13 PM »
Do you believe in reincarnation?

Well, as Buddhist we always say we do but do you really believe it?

Recently there is this news about reincarnation of Elvis Presley making wave online. A 16 year old Canadian teen singer from Quebec, David Thibault did a cover of Elvis Presley's "Blue Christmas" on the 9th December 2013 at radio station CKOI-FM, a video of it was uploaded onto Youtube and the cover has gone viral with almost five million video views within a week.

Many viewers actually believe that David Thibault is incarnation of Elvis Presley.

Small | Large

Small | Large

What do you think?

RedLantern

Re: Elvis reincarnates back in Canada?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, 04:14:45 PM »
Incredible!Elvis lives in a teenager's body! It won't be long he'll be heading to Vegas.He sounds a lot like Elvis.So, he doesn't have his own style?I guess is good that he can copy Elvis.Can't think of a better one to copy.Love to hear him sing.He is a talent to be appreciated.Soar Like an eagle David, stay true to your calling.
There was only one Elvis ,and he will forever live in our hearts.

Jessie Fong

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2013, 04:38:04 PM »
Elvis died at his Memphis home, Graceland, on August 16, 1977. That was a period of 20 years between his untimely death and the birth of David Thibault.

How long does it take for reincarnation to take place?  The Tibetan schools hold to the notion of a bardo (intermediate state) that can last up to forty-nine days.

Could it be that Elvis had been reborn before taking on the current body of David?

metta girl

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2013, 04:47:57 AM »
Wow!!!David Tibeaulth do sing like Elvis Presley. I agreed with Jessie Fong .He could have taken rebirth more than once according to the years  he passed away before he came back as David Thibeault. Buddhist believed strongly in reincarnation, so he might be our Elvis Presley. Sing more beautiful songs David…the world is waiting for you. Be a Shining star!!!

Manjushri

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2013, 01:21:38 PM »
Wow he sings well. And seems to have a bright future ahead. So effortless.

Anyways, I am glad that people dub him the Reincarnated Elvis... that means that the concept of Reincarnation is now much more widely accepted and believed. Otherwise how would you explain amazing talents, or deja-vus or a strong liking towards something and dislike towards something else? If there was no reincarnation, we would all start from the same clean sheet of paper...we would all be the same. but because there are so many different types of people out there, and so many different natural talents that people have, the concept of reincarnation is the only thing that can explain the variety and differences between people.

eyesoftara

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2014, 07:26:57 AM »
Elvis died at his Memphis home, Graceland, on August 16, 1977. That was a period of 20 years between his untimely death and the birth of David Thibault.

How long does it take for reincarnation to take place?  The Tibetan schools hold to the notion of a bardo (intermediate state) that can last up to forty-nine days.

Could it be that Elvis had been reborn before taking on the current body of David?

Jessie. What you say is true. But do not discount perhaps Elvis took a rebirth in between and this is his next rebirth. For all you know he could have taken a few rebirth in between. Perhaps as a cat and his karma ripens again to be a human and he took rebirth as David Thibault. Anything is possible within certain logic. LOL.

Anyhow, I know Elvis did not pass away with the Dharma in his mind stream. He died of a drug overdose. Unless he was a Mahasiddha, he would most probably not taken rebirth as David Thibault. But like I said, anything is possible as karma is very subtle and I can't be sure.

Other possibility is that David Thibault was an Elvis fan.

Jessie Fong

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2014, 07:38:44 AM »
Hello eyesoftara

There are large numbers of Elvis impersonators and look-alike or sing-alike all over the world.  But this David really tops it all with the way he sings.  He has even appeared on The Ellen show.  She gifted him a pair of Blue Suede shoes, a VIP ticket to fly to Graceland to celebrate Elvis' birthday and he had been invited to perform there.

Elvis had a one-of-a-kind voice and style in his singing, and I doubt that anyone will be able to take his place.

buddhalovely

• Email
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2014, 02:04:36 AM »
OH THIS IS BEYOND AMAZING. I am such an Elvis fan! I cannot believe how much this boy sounds like him. It's funny to jump to such conclusions that he is a reincarnation of Elvis because accents can be developed through years of practice. In this age of society, identities can be changed overnight why not a voice over the years. He did say he had a passion for music on an early age, however speaking with an open mind, it could be possible too. I mean he DOES sort of resemble the looks of Elvis, WHY NOT. I am already fan-girling over the fact how talented this boy is!

Freyr Aesiragnorak

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2014, 11:54:00 AM »
GOOSEBUMPS!!!! Wow, that was eerie!!!! This kid is good. Whether or not it is actually Elvis, it doesn't really matter. This guy is good. But if it was Elvis, what are the chances that he would have the same voice? or something so similar? I've got to show this to my mother, she is going to freak!!!

OMB

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2014, 01:15:51 PM »
Wow!Sure Does sound like Elvis Presley.

Elvis Presley has been reborn in the form of a teenager, believe it or not! It has to be a powerful previous life's imprint for him to be able to perform like this again. 

diablo1974

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2014, 07:15:31 AM »
LOL, i had goosebumps when i hear both the past the present Elvis singing the same song. Maybe so, he might be a coincidence to acquire the vocal of Elvis. Maybe, this teenager trained up to sound like Elvis. But no matter which is it, i am sure he is talented to be the next Elvis if there is any star groomer wishes to make him the next Elvis hit.

Kim Hyun Jae

• Email
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2014, 08:28:43 AM »
Whether is not David is the reincarnation of Elvis remains to be a mystery. David does sing exactly like Elvis with precision. I wonder if he dances like Elvis too? I must say that David is a REPLICA of Elvis's singing, that's for sure.

Does David tend to look more alike Elvis also? They say previous incarnation can also look alike their previous reincarnation. Anyhow, David did gave me goose pimples and I must say, David is very, very good singing Elvis's songs.

Big Uncle

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2014, 09:12:56 AM »
Does David tend to look more alike Elvis also? They say previous incarnation can also look alike their previous reincarnation. Anyhow, David did gave me goose pimples and I must say, David is very, very good singing Elvis's songs.

I have heard that tulkus do come back looking like their previous life due to the powerful aspirations. However, I doubt that applies to ordinary beings who have little control of their death and rebirth. Otherwise, we would all be looking alike. What if we took rebirth as animals? Would we be looking like our previous human rebirths as well? I think that would be unlikely. This is all very interesting.