Author Topic: Top 10 Dorje Shugden Lama  (Read 7862 times)

donoharm

Top 10 Dorje Shugden Lama
« on: October 17, 2013, 02:56:24 PM »
Saw this video on youtube.  Though i would share with everyone here.

Highest Buddhist Master of Tibet. Top 10 Dorje Shugden Lama's Small | Large

icy

Re: Top 10 Dorje Shugden Lama
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2013, 12:31:19 AM »
I LOVE this video!  It is utterly heart warming, rejoicing and a sense of gratefulness to see these great Shugden Lamas spreading Dorje Shugden around the world when the odds are constantly against them.  It is most heart breaking that they are often faced with many challenges including life threats for being Shugden Lama but they prevail and even grew from strength to strength during the years.  This shows the powerful truths of Dorje Shugden.  Lies and deception will only fade in time and die a natural death.  Ultimately Dorje Shugden will be the incomparable protector for the whole world, the protector of our time - swift and powerful.

Thank you Donoharm for sharing.

kris

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2013, 08:13:36 AM »
thank you @donoharm for sharing such heart warming video.. it is indeed very difficult for Lama to openly declare that He is practicing Dorje Shugden because of the ban, but rejoice for all the Lamas who are so brave..

I wonder the list is based on current incarnation only? my favorite Lama Zong Rinpoche is NOT in the list?!  :'( Do read about this great master here: http://www.dorjeshugden.com/great-masters/recent-masters/zong-rinpoche-lobzang-tsondru-tubten-gyeltsen/

lotus1

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2013, 09:40:53 AM »
Thank you so much donoharm for sharing this video. What a great blessings to see all the high lamas. We owe it to these high Dorje Shugden lamas together with other Shugden lamas who spread the Dorje Shugden teachings and lineage despite all the challenges and even life threat that they are facing.

They are truly inspiring and I hope I can meet them too. Trijang Rinpoche has turned 30 and now spreading Dorje Shugden teachings and initiations around the world. Would he be the one that will lift the ban? I can't wait for that day!

Btw, may I know anyone has more details on Dak Nak Rinpoche? I only know he is from Sera Jey and has a centre in Taiwan.

donoharm

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2013, 03:14:07 PM »
@kris,  looks like all current reincarnations.  previous zong rinpoche no doubt one of the  greatest dorje shugden  lama.   

vajratruth

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2013, 05:40:22 PM »
Saw this video on youtube.  Though i would share with everyone here.

Highest Buddhist Master of Tibet. Top 10 Dorje Shugden Lama's

Great tribute to these lamas who have upheld the pure lineage of the Gelugpas and who have remained devoted to their Gurus and Dorje Shugden despite facing vicious attacks throughout the years. However, I think there are many more who deserve recognition, not least of all is the Ven. Abbot of Shar Ganden Monastery Khen Rinpoche Lobsang Phende who is also a Geshe Lharampa!

The Venerable Abbot who studied under three of the greatest Gelugpa Masters, Trijang Rinpoche, Zemey Rinpoche and Zong Rinpoche was an undisputed pillar of strength and faith in Dorje Shugden when the assault against Shugden monks were at its most intense. When the CTA and the Dalai Lama's office began issuing instructions (which they now deny) to expel Shugden monks from Ganden Shartse, it was the Venerable Geshe Lobsang Phende who led about 700 monks out of Dokhang Khangtsen into an uncertain future in the new Shar Ganden.

That could not have been easy without much sponsorship and with so many threats from the government, ostracization by the Dalai Lama and being shunned by the Tibetan Community in exile and yet Shar Ganden has thrived. Over the years Shar Ganden has grown in number of monks and reputation due to the hard work and sheer credibility of the Venerable Abbot.

For me, this is a pure monk practicing the pure Dharma, a lineage holder of Tsongkhapa's tradition and also an unwavering son of Dorje Shugden. For this reason, the Protector has tremendous regard for the Venerable Abbot and is often seen holding this great Shugden practitioner with affection.

More about Geshe Lobsang Phende: http://www.dorjeshugden.com/great-masters/recent-masters/ven-lobsang-phende/

pgdharma

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2013, 03:15:03 PM »
Thank you, Donoharm, for sharing this video paying tribute to the top 10 Dorje Shugden lama. These lamas have continued to remain strong and stay true to Dorje Shugden despite all the vicious attacks and threats. They are truly inspiring and I hope that the ban will be lifted soon so that more practitioners will be able to practice openly and without fear of being ostracized.

yontenjamyang

• Email
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2013, 05:58:01 AM »
Wow. The hairs on my back stands up while watching this video. Many young Lamas are included in this video such as the Rabgya Rinpoche, the Panchen Lama and of course Trijang Rinpoche Himself. I think there are many more incarnations of high Lamas that are not included yet. Perhaps we can have a top 20 video, LOL.

And perhaps the most intriguing question is who among these Lamas is the current incarnation of the HH Tulku Dragpa Gyeltsen? Or perhaps he is not among the top ten yet as he has not revealed Himself. Maybe and maybe not. I await with anticipation.

Thanks again.

Q

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2013, 08:01:14 PM »
Wonderful video... truly wonderful, But there are many more DS lamas that are not mentioned in this video.

Example: PABONGKHA RINPOCHE (How could Pabongkha Rinpoche not be in this video?)
DOMO GESHE RINPOCHE (I wonder why Rinpoche is not in the video either... Domo Rinpoche's monastery is where many DS oracles come from...)
Zemey Rinpoche... whom wrote the yellow book...
Kundeling Rinpoche
Zawa Rinpoche
etc etc

Well... of course there's many more lol

Not that I want to be petty about numbers... but Rabgya Rinpoche at #6??? Come on... Rabten Choeling was the first Buddhist centre in Europe that HHDL gave his first teaching to 1000 western students... it was the place where HHDL was brought to the western world! Also Rabten Choeling was the place where HH Trijang Chocktrul Rinpoche lived before moving to America.... What I meant to say is, Rabgya Rinpoche's centre is really the stronghold for DS lamas in the west! (Well, of course, besides NKT centres lol...)

christine V

• Email
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2013, 05:04:30 PM »
Through this video, we witnessed that these High Lamas are indeed very powerful in their spiritual practice. Most of them have reincarnated, e.g: H.H Zong Rinpoche, H.H Trijang Rinpoche.
If practicing Dorje Shugden is really bad, how can these High Lama reincarnate as human forms again and continue benefiting others sentient being, not to mentioned, they continue to be the lineage holder on this life. This is no logic on the accusation of practicing Dorje Shugden is evil. If practicing Dorje Shugden is evil, by law of karma, is impossible to reincarnate as human forms not to say continue on spreading the Buddhism in this life time.

gbds3jewels

• Email
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2013, 05:21:23 PM »
My two cents:

How do you rate high lamas anyways? Is there somewhere in Buddhism that said all attained minds are the same. So what's the basis of the rating? The lama Dorje Shugden's activities as in how active he is or it's the lama greatness which I would have thought is not logical or sensible to put in rating. Even if it's related to their active practice of Dorje Shugden as I know it high lamas are usually very humble in their actual practice and hence don't really reveal much.

Anyways I'm with Q, too many other lamas not mentioned. I may not be too well versed in the who's who's in Tibetan Buddhism but HH Pabongka Rinpoche really should be on the list if it's true that when these high lamas take a new reincarnation they resume their previous life practice and attainments so the current HH Pabongka Rinpoche got to be one of the great DS lama no matter how low key he is. He's only the author of LAMRIM after all!

Rihanna

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2013, 09:54:19 AM »
Dear Q, I agree with your thoughts but i guess we should not be so concerned about ranking. It is all dependent on the producer's background. The same goes for autobiography too, it depends on which side of the fence the author is from. There are so so many illustrious Dorje Shugden lamas that it is hard to squeeze them all into top 10. I think it would be more appropriate to publish a book entitled The Top 100 DS Lamas of the World!

Wonderful video... truly wonderful, But there are many more DS lamas that are not mentioned in this video.

Example: PABONGKHA RINPOCHE (How could Pabongkha Rinpoche not be in this video?)
DOMO GESHE RINPOCHE (I wonder why Rinpoche is not in the video either... Domo Rinpoche's monastery is where many DS oracles come from...)
Zemey Rinpoche... whom wrote the yellow book...
Kundeling Rinpoche
Zawa Rinpoche
etc etc

Well... of course there's many more lol

Not that I want to be petty about numbers... but Rabgya Rinpoche at #6??? Come on... Rabten Choeling was the first Buddhist centre in Europe that HHDL gave his first teaching to 1000 western students... it was the place where HHDL was brought to the western world! Also Rabten Choeling was the place where HH Trijang Chocktrul Rinpoche lived before moving to America.... What I meant to say is, Rabgya Rinpoche's centre is really the stronghold for DS lamas in the west! (Well, of course, besides NKT centres lol...)

maricisun

• Email
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2014, 04:21:17 PM »
Thank you for the wonderful sharing. Here we have the top 10 Dorje Shugden Lama who are truly devoted to their practice even though they are being threaten.
Lets pray that the ban will be lifted as soon as possible so that everyone including the Lamas can practice openly and without fear.