Author Topic: Fast & Furious actor Paul Walker dies in California car crash  (Read 11806 times)

bambi

Fast & Furious actor Paul Walker dies in California car crash
« on: December 01, 2013, 02:37:59 PM »
It is really sad to come across this news. From what I read, I only read good comments about him. It seems that he was loved and respected for who he was. The last thing he did was raise funds for a charity event that he organized. Although he is no longer with us, at least the last thing he did was creating positive karma. I hope that in his future lives, he will continue to do so. RIP Paul Walker...

US actor Paul Walker, who starred in the Fast & Furious series of action films, has been killed in a car crash in California.

Walker, 40, was a passenger in a Porsche sports car driven by a friend - who also died - when it crashed north of Los Angeles.

Walker was said to be attending a charity event at the time.

"It is with a truly heavy heart that we must confirm that Paul Walker passed away today in a tragic car accident while attending a charity event for his organization Reach Out Worldwide.

He starred in all but one of the films in the Fast & Furious franchise, the sixth of which opened in May.

Walker also starred in the suspense drama Hours, a movie that is set for release this month.

The Los Angeles County Sheriff's department said the crash happened in the community of Valencia.

Mark Webb, who works on the set of the Fast and Furious films, said: "As far as people go, they didn't come any finer, any more gracious. He always treated everybody with respect.

A friend of Walker's, Bill Townsend, was at Saturday's charity event also attended by Walker to support the Philippines typhoon relief effort.

Mr Townsend told AP Radio: "He was very happy. He was smiling at everybody, just tickled that all these people came out to support this charity. He was doing what he loved. He was surrounded by friends, surrounded by cars."

RedLantern

Re: Fast & Furious actor Paul Walker dies in California car crash
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 03:26:43 PM »
Such a tragic loss to lose such a great actor, very saddened by a life cut much too short.The good die young
Many prayers to their families.My heart goes to his 15 year old daughter, who lost a father at a very young age
He is a great human being that just ended his life in a tragic accident on his way to give back to others.He died after ding a good deed.Bless him!May he have a good rebirth.

brian

• Email
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2013, 03:29:05 PM »
Sad to see him leave so soon. Guess this will be a good teaching for many... you can't do things shown on tv movies in real life. One wrong move and blammm! Hope Hope speedracers will take heed of this. Can't blame anyone for this calamity. His time is up perhaps. Burned off his merits while enjoying life perhaps...

buddhalovely

• Email
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2013, 03:32:49 PM »
What a great lost. life is short. we do not know what will happen to the next moment. make use of our human lives to practice dharma. We will be protected by the 3 jewels.   

DS Star

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2013, 07:03:56 PM »
Sad to see him leave so soon. Guess this will be a good teaching for many... you can't do things shown on tv movies in real life. One wrong move and blammm! Hope Hope speedracers will take heed of this. Can't blame anyone for this calamity. His time is up perhaps. Burned off his merits while enjoying life perhaps...

I wonder how a good man who had done so much for charity will have such a short life and died in such a horrible manner...

What kind of karma could that be?

If he is such a good and charitable man in this life, he should be having a similar character and behaviour in his previous lives...  then it is not very unlikely he would had committed huge negative karma to warrant such a sad, awful and gruesome end of his life.

OMB

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2013, 07:31:28 PM »
It's indeed a sad news on Paul Walker's unexpected death! My deepest condolence to his family. May he has a good rebirth!  Death can happen to anyone iregardless of age, don't wait,grab the opportunity to practice dharma now.  Only Dharma can help us in our future lives.

Aurore

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2013, 08:45:02 PM »
This devastating news confirms an important truth. Past life exist. The negative actions one did from previous life can manifest this life if not next. It will ripen even if someone does a lot of charity this life. What we do this life is for our future lives. Learning this, we should do good always so that our lives will have positive impact for ourselves and others.

Jessie Fong

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2013, 11:41:52 AM »
It is sad indeed to learn of another being's death. Yes, Paul Walker may have contributed a lot to charity in his lifetime. As Aurore put it Past life exists. His negative actions from his previous life manifested and caught up in this life.

Paul's death also serves to remind us that death is certain; what we do not know is the exact time of death.

Tenzin K

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2013, 05:18:25 PM »
When karma ripened nothing can be changed. Life can be short and uncertain. When death arrived what important is not whether we ready for but is whether we have done enough for our future.

No matter how rich we are and how famous we are when come upon death we are all the same and what make the different is what we have done before death in order for us to face the death calmly and for a positive rebirth.

Frankly speak, I don’t want to die in the bed or even sickness but I would rather die during doing my dharma work. Nothing more beneficial that spending every single last breath is to benefit others. Paul Walker died in the car accident but for a charity event. I believe his karma ripened but he died in doing good deeds. What better way to die for benefitting others.

May he gain good rebirth in his next live and able to meet the holy dharma and continue his great work in his future live to benefit others.

Big Uncle

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2013, 04:59:05 AM »
It is not just karma has ripened. Paul Walker has clearly run out of merits to live in this life. Living the good life of an actor and its accompanying perks takes up a lot of our good karma and the good karma needed to sustain it is often depleted very quickly. Hence, some stars die young, some experience a lot of mental sufferings that they have to take drugs or alcohol to numb the pain. It is important to know this and to help those in similar situations.

Some might wonder if such a death can be avoided. I am not clairvoyant to judge this but I have heard of people avoiding sudden deaths like these when they do massive pujas to shore up the merit to sustain the karma to live. However, ultimately death is inevitable. But, what we can do is prolong our life as much as possible with the intention to do Dharma and not just to waste it on samsaric affairs.

sandra

• Email
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2013, 11:38:09 PM »
Die can not be avoided for whatever reason. Either karma ripen, merits exhausted, right timing for us to die, or we die in sickness or accident, when the time comes we need to die. Die apply to everyone, no one can be exception. What we can do is just get ready to it. We learn, study dharma, puja, do offering to three Jewels, practice dharma to development good quality and so on, Guru devotion, this is just a preliminaries way to prepare ourself to go for it. To me, if you well prepared, you go for a fearless dying process. This is so called happy migration to else way. Otherwise, that will be an unpleasant experience. I can imagine to it. Let us do our best to prepare ourselves before it is too late.

eyesoftara

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2013, 06:08:17 AM »
I do not know Paul Walker until I saw the news a few days ago. I remembered my children watching one of the car movies some time back and really didn't like the way they were driving but thought it was just a movie. Paul died in the same way that he was encouraging others to drive. I am sad but can't help to think that karma is at work. Sorry to say that. I feel sorry for his family and his friends. May he have peace and have a good rebirth. Om Mani Peme Hum.

buddhalovely

• Email
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2013, 10:04:39 AM »
This is so very ironic because Paul Walker for one is an amazing street car driver and a professional actor indeed! Secondly, he took a turn and crashed into his own fate. Was dying in the way he loved counted as a significance as God's way to impact the people that Paul Walker made an impression on? That fame doesn't last and how it emphasizes on the knowledge of impermanence. I thought it was much of a wake up call, that obviously, fame, wealth and the greed for power has no place as it only brings suffering. The crash was not even a mild one, the whole car burn down in flames, not a single valuable thing was left. Celebrities pass away one after another and people just bluntly push them aside after the whole commotion ceases. It shows how these people don't even know who the real Paul Walker was and that the mourns are just an act of society to be included by the people that thought praising a celebrity would bring THEM the feeling of acceptance. There is no motive in this non-sensical world that is purely good, even if you try...because we are all in some way connected, i believe.

Aurore

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2013, 02:44:17 PM »
It is not just karma has ripened. Paul Walker has clearly run out of merits to live in this life. Living the good life of an actor and its accompanying perks takes up a lot of our good karma and the good karma needed to sustain it is often depleted very quickly. Hence, some stars die young, some experience a lot of mental sufferings that they have to take drugs or alcohol to numb the pain. It is important to know this and to help those in similar situations.

Some might wonder if such a death can be avoided. I am not clairvoyant to judge this but I have heard of people avoiding sudden deaths like these when they do massive pujas to shore up the merit to sustain the karma to live. However, ultimately death is inevitable. But, what we can do is prolong our life as much as possible with the intention to do Dharma and not just to waste it on samsaric affairs.

I am wondering how does Paul Walker run out of merits to live in this life seeing he was a charitable man? My thoughts are due to the manner of his death. To die in such a horrible manner may bring a person to the 3 lower realms. How does this compare to the artist who died in an accident after painting HH Trijang Rinpoche's mural?

Reference thread --> http://www.dorjeshugden.com/forum/index.php?topic=2265.msg32112#msg32112

pgdharma

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2013, 03:16:14 PM »
This is so sad that Paul Walker had died a tragic death. His death is a reminder for us that life is short and uncertain.  No one can avoid death,  we should use this human life to learn the dharma as only the dharma can help us at the time of death and our future rebirth. 

My condolence to the family of Paul Walker and I hope that he will have a good rebirth.