Author Topic: RARE PHOTOS OF THE PREVIOUS ZONG RINPOCHE  (Read 15736 times)

Freyr Aesiragnorak

Re: RARE PHOTOS OF THE PREVIOUS ZONG RINPOCHE
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2013, 01:16:14 PM »
I don't know much about the full practice of the protector, we just do the mantra and golden drink offering at the centre, but even then we see the positive effect in our lives. If i'm not mistaken there maybe a section of the practice when weapons or implements are given to the protector for him to use with specific functions to be performed. I wonder if this is what the pictures of His Holiness Zong Rinpoche shows?

xyz_generation

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2013, 05:27:40 PM »
Thank You, Big Uncle for those precious photos of H.H Zong Rinpoche. I have downloaded all of it in my hard drive.

icy

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2013, 11:54:53 AM »
I have 2 awesome pictures of Kyabje Zong Rinpoche to share with you:

1st Picture:  Gaden lineage Masters: Kyabje Zong Rinpoche and Kyabje Zemey Rinpoche with Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche.   They are heart disciples of Kyabje Trijang Dorje Chang.

2nd Picture:  Kyabje Zong Rinpoche making torma gyatsa offerings.

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2013, 12:30:26 PM »
I have many more rare photos like these ( many of these photos in this thread were photos I posted on facebook). I will post more soon.

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2013, 12:48:28 PM »
Another

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2013, 12:53:12 PM »
another

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2013, 02:53:18 PM »
Another

dsiluvu

« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2013, 06:15:40 PM »
I don't know much about the full practice of the protector, we just do the mantra and golden drink offering at the centre, but even then we see the positive effect in our lives. If i'm not mistaken there maybe a section of the practice when weapons or implements are given to the protector for him to use with specific functions to be performed. I wonder if this is what the pictures of His Holiness Zong Rinpoche shows?

I believe Zong Rinpoche was doing a tantric ritual puja of Yamantaka... according to Losang Tenpa who has the 4 hour video but cannot be uploaded on to Youtube. Perhaps kind Losang could send it to the admin? or do a quick edit cut that shows a little so we can all get some blessings? I know if it is Tantric we cannot watch unless we have the permission of the Guru himself. Well, don't think we can ask the current Zong Rinpoche! Not so easy hu... gosh I wish the stupid ban is over and done with!

Thank Losang for your pictures here  ;)

Big Uncle

« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2013, 05:29:38 AM »
2nd Picture:  Kyabje Zong Rinpoche making torma gyatsa offerings.

Dear Icy,

What is a torma qyatsa offering? Sounds interesting.

I believe Zong Rinpoche was doing a tantric ritual puja of Yamantaka... according to Losang Tenpa who has the 4 hour video but cannot be uploaded on to Youtube. Perhaps kind Losang could send it to the admin? or do a quick edit cut that shows a little so we can all get some blessings? I know if it is Tantric we cannot watch unless we have the permission of the Guru himself. Well, don't think we can ask the current Zong Rinpoche! Not so easy hu... gosh I wish the stupid ban is over and done with!

Hi Dsiluvu,
Thanks for actually finding out what the ritual is all about. So, its actually a Yamantaka practice right? Interesting. It's interesting and perhaps, the implements offered are of what Yamantaka carries. Wow! I love these pictures. They are indeed very beautiful in the way Zong Rinpoche held onto the implements. Wish I could watch the actual video to see how Kyabje Zong Rinpoche performs the entire ritual. It must be electrifying.

icy

« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2013, 10:35:25 PM »
Dear Big Uncle,

100 Torma Offering Ritual is called as Torma Gyatso in Tibetan.  It is special food offering made according to either Sutric or Tantric rituals to a specific deity or protector to collect vast merits.

So awesome, Khabje Zong Rinpoche looked so elegant in the ritual.

Freyr Aesiragnorak

« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2013, 04:56:12 AM »

Dsiluvu, thanks for the clarification. I do hope that one day i get to see the video. Maybe one day.....

Hi Dsiluvu,
Thanks for actually finding out what the ritual is all about. So, its actually a Yamantaka practice right? Interesting. It's interesting and perhaps, the implements offered are of what Yamantaka carries. Wow! I love these pictures. They are indeed very beautiful in the way Zong Rinpoche held onto the implements. Wish I could watch the actual video to see how Kyabje Zong Rinpoche performs the entire ritual. It must be electrifying.

Big Uncle, It sure is interesting. It a blessing to see these pictures of Zong Rinpoche performing this ritual. I just wish I had the merits to see it performed! A great master practicing Yamantaka, how wonderful. May Yamantaka destroy the veil of ignorance of my mind.

dondrup

« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2013, 06:45:33 AM »

WOW! Thank You Big Uncle for bringing the blessing of the previous incarnation His Holiness Kyabje Zong Rinpoche to us. Furthermore, seeing these rare photos is as good as seeing Yamantaka! How fortunate we are! We are creating imprints and planting seeds in our minds to receive and practise Yamantaka in the future.  :)

Dondrup Shugden

« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2015, 01:09:15 PM »
It is always a privilege to know of the lives of our lineage Gurus.  There are so many beautiful photos of Zong Rinpoche, both formal and informal shots and some conducting some rituals.

It is indeed a blessing to be able to see these photos.

Q

« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2015, 09:28:12 PM »
Wow! These are lovely pictures of HH Zong Rinpoche, I'm glad to have encountered them here.

I have heard so many wonderful stories of HH Zong Rinpoche. Such an incredible lama, I wish I had the merits to have met and learnt the Dharma from these great masters.

lotus1

« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2015, 11:08:03 AM »
Thank you all for sharing the precious photos of Kyabje Zong Rinpoche. It’s so blessed to be able to see the photos of Kyabje Zong Rinpoche especially those conducting rituals. He is a high lama who mastered in tantra and sutra. I came across a video of him giving the profound Dorje Shugden initiation to Geshe Tsultim Gyeltsen's students in Los Angeles in 1980s. Please read the advice from Zong Rinpoche on Dorje Shugden here (Youtube video and transcript): http://www.dorjeshugden.com/videos/must-watch/must-watch-advice-from-hh-kyabje-zong-dorje-chang-on-dorje-shugden-part-1/
I hope one day I would be able to meet HH Zong Rinpoche and learn from him too. With folded hands...