Author Topic: RARE PHOTOS OF THE PREVIOUS ZONG RINPOCHE  (Read 15806 times)

DharmaSpace

Re: RARE PHOTOS OF THE PREVIOUS ZONG RINPOCHE
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2015, 03:18:29 PM »
I just heard a story about the previous Zong Rinpoche how he was doing a Trakze ritual in Gaden, when the Chinese were shelling Gaden Monastery. And despite there was so much danger to Zong Rinpoche he carried on despite the pleased of his assistants. Certain people saw a light from gaden monastery went over to the Chinese Camps and for whatever reason the Chinese stopped their shelling which gave the monks of Gaden the time to leave to safety. And when Zong Rinpoche did the ritual all but the back wall was standing. An amazing lama whose concern is that for Buddhism to live on and saving other monks of Gaden. 

grandmapele

« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2015, 03:59:33 AM »
Thank you for these wonderful, blessed photos of Kaybje Zong Rinpoche. Dorje Shugden has been practiced for so long, even before the fall of Tibet and the great escape of H.H. Dalai Lama to India. Even H.H. the 14th Dalai Lama praciticed Dorje Shugden when he was younger. He is now in his eighties, a relatively long time by any standard. This is Samsara and no one can live forever, only the mindstream can go on. So, if H.H. the 14th Dalai Lama were to pass into clear light tomorrow, when he is well into his eighties, it will be because there are many Dorje Shugden Pratitioners? I'm puzzled? Is his current incarnation supposed to live forever? Sorry for being dense.

yontenjamyang

• Email
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2015, 08:46:14 AM »
Thank you so much for all these precious photos Big Uncle.

It is funny how the previous Zong Rinpoche did not manage to swear out as he has passed away before the ban. But since Zong Rinpoche has already reincarnated, it would definitely mean that Dorje Shugden is not an evil spirit. For a very simple reason, if he really is, high lamas like Zong Rinpoche that practices Dorje Shugden strongly before they pass away would definitely not incarnate and be with us again.

Rinchen, I agree. But I would like to add a spin to your logic and I read somewhere that claimed that Zong Rinpoche was just using the spirit to do work. From that point of view, if Zong Rinpoche is realized he can certainly incarnate on anew and that is still possible and logically sound except we can ask why would Zong Rinpoche use a spirit? Form this point of view, we can than argue that there are 2 possibilities:

1) Dorje Shugden is an unenlightened protector similar to Nechung.
2) The strongest argument would be that Zong Rinpoche said that Dorje Shugden is Manjushri.

So from that perspective, since we now Zong Rinpoche incarnated and hence is realized and he said the Protector is Enlightened, we than regard the Protector as Enlightened.