Author Topic: RARE PHOTOS OF THE PREVIOUS ZONG RINPOCHE  (Read 15804 times)

Big Uncle

RARE PHOTOS OF THE PREVIOUS ZONG RINPOCHE
« on: November 09, 2013, 01:47:42 PM »
HI guys,

Just thought I share these rare and precious photos of Kyabje Zong Rinpoche performing some sort of Dorje Shugden ritual I think. He seemed to holding implements that look like those that Dorje Shugden holds. I got these online through a friend. Anybody can tell what ritual is this?

Rinchen

• Global Moderator
Re: RARE PHOTOS OF THE PREVIOUS ZONG RINPOCHE
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2013, 03:15:46 PM »
Thank you so much for all these precious photos Big Uncle.

It is funny how the previous Zong Rinpoche did not manage to swear out as he has passed away before the ban. But since Zong Rinpoche has already reincarnated, it would definitely mean that Dorje Shugden is not an evil spirit. For a very simple reason, if he really is, high lamas like Zong Rinpoche that practices Dorje Shugden strongly before they pass away would definitely not incarnate and be with us again.

DharmaSpace

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2013, 09:38:16 AM »
This brings to mind that imprints or karma seeds are likened to a person's hands who was stained by garlic, you can wash your hands but the smell of the garlic remains still.

If one practices dark arts or demon worship how can anyone come back and take a higher rebirth? Let alone such a powerful Dorje Shugden practitioner like Zong Lama.

If doing negative things does not bring us to the lower relams, then we can simply ignore the Small and some parts of the Medium Scope of the lamrim the teachings there can be ignored as it is simply not true! The current Zong Lama probably chose to be on the other side of the ban for certain all to be revealed soon enough :) 

rossoneri

• Email
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2013, 02:25:14 PM »
Thank you so much for all these precious photos Big Uncle.

It is funny how the previous Zong Rinpoche did not manage to swear out as he has passed away before the ban. But since Zong Rinpoche has already reincarnated, it would definitely mean that Dorje Shugden is not an evil spirit. For a very simple reason, if he really is, high lamas like Zong Rinpoche that practices Dorje Shugden strongly before they pass away would definitely not incarnate and be with us again.

Can't agree more with you Rinchen. There are few points which i would like to share which against what Dalai Lama have said:

1) By practicing Dorje Shugden it will shorten His life.
Here's the thing, Dorje Shugden practice exists for the past 352 years since the 5th Dalai Lama, and i believed a lot of High Lamas, monks and lay people have been practicing this until 1986 when the 14th Dalai Lama openly criticized Dorje Shugden saying Dorje Shugden is not an enlighten being and by practicing him will shorten his life. But isn't him the Buddha? How can an evil spirit can shortens a Buddha's life.

2) Dorje Shugden is not an enlighten being.
But what about Nechung? (No disrespect) but I believed Nechung is officially Dalai Lama's advisor and Nechung is not an enlighten being. Why is the Dalai Lama consulting Nechung? Doesn't make sense?

3) Whoever practice Dorje Shugden will go to hell.
Look at those High Lamas who had been practicing Dorje Shugden in all their life time have been reincarnate and get even bigger (status). Trijang Chocktrul Rinpoche for example.

All the above points is just my personal thoughts.

samayakeeper

• Email
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2013, 02:56:00 PM »
It is such a privilege, honor and meritorious to see images of highly attained master's yet alone of Kyabje Zong Rinpoche. Kyabje's meditation is very deep and intense as shown in the pictures here. The posture is upright, the ritual implements and hand mudra seem so coordinated and fluid. How beautiful! Thank you, Big Uncle.

buddhalovely

• Email
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2013, 03:37:27 PM »
Rinpoche was in his eightieth year when he died. During his teachings at Thubten Dhargyey Ling in Los Angeles in December 1983, he recalled a meeting with His Holiness the Dalai Lama the same year, seventeen years ago, that he had been requested by him to become principal in Varanasi.

‘We received news that it was a difficult year for His Holiness. I was appointed to represent the monks of the three monasteries and the four schools, to go to Dharamsala to request His Holiness to live long.

‘When I arrived in Dharamsala, it was New Year. “I won’t die,” His Holiness said to me. “I am glad you came by.” He took my beard and shook it and said to me, “just sit here and relax.”

Manjushri

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2013, 05:51:37 PM »
What lovely and serene pictures of Kyabe Song Rinpoche! Thank you for sharing, it is such gem and a blessing to lay eyes on photos of such lamas who have lived their life holding vows, teaching, serving, being a true sangha benefiting others. By laying eyes on their photos, may it create imprints of us practitioners to attain their qualities and be just like them in the future.

Even at his age, Song Rinpoche looks so alert, quick, sharp, so alive and totally at peace in his meditations. 

fruven

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2013, 04:14:06 PM »
Thank you for sharing such precious photos of Kyabje Zong Rinpoche. It is a blessings to able to see him. Each guru has their own disciples which passed down the lineage one generation to another and to lay people today. Without them the pure lineage teachings wouldn't be able to survive for so long.

Rinchen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2013, 05:57:03 PM »
Can't agree more with you Rinchen. There are few points which i would like to share which against what Dalai Lama have said:

1) By practicing Dorje Shugden it will shorten His life.
Here's the thing, Dorje Shugden practice exists for the past 352 years since the 5th Dalai Lama, and i believed a lot of High Lamas, monks and lay people have been practicing this until 1986 when the 14th Dalai Lama openly criticized Dorje Shugden saying Dorje Shugden is not an enlighten being and by practicing him will shorten his life. But isn't him the Buddha? How can an evil spirit can shortens a Buddha's life.

2) Dorje Shugden is not an enlighten being.
But what about Nechung? (No disrespect) but I believed Nechung is officially Dalai Lama's advisor and Nechung is not an enlighten being. Why is the Dalai Lama consulting Nechung? Doesn't make sense?

3) Whoever practice Dorje Shugden will go to hell.
Look at those High Lamas who had been practicing Dorje Shugden in all their life time have been reincarnate and get even bigger (status). Trijang Chocktrul Rinpoche for example.

All the above points is just my personal thoughts.

Indeed, this is exactly what I mean. If we are not suppose to consult or pray to something that is not enlightened, why is the Dalai Lama still consulting Nechung? It would only show all practitioners everywhere that it is alright if we consult or even pray to an unenlightened being.

It it so much so that we should not be practising Dorje Shugden practices and consulting our Lord, then why did the Dalai Lama consulted Dorje Shugden with regards for his escape from Tibet to India? (http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/the-controversy/uncovered-truth-evidence-of-how-dorje-shugden-was-actually-behind-the-dalai-lamas-escape-out-of-tibet-to-india-in-1959/) Would it mean that the Dalai Lama was wrong in the past?

That would just be so self contradicting. If by practicing Dorje Shugden, it would harm the Dalai Lama. Why wouldn't it harm the Dalai Lama during the escape, but for Dorje Shugden to wait till now to harm the Dalai Lama. It just does not make any sense at all.

Big Uncle

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2013, 05:42:09 AM »
Well, they are lovely pictures of Kyabje Zong Rinpoche isn't it? I don't really have to look at Kyabje Zong Rinpoche to derive faith that Dorje Shugden is a spirit or not. I develop faith by looking at what so many attained masters have said about Dorje Shugden including the Dalai Lama before he decided to issue a ban on him. Masters of Kagyu, Sakya and many great Nyingma practitoners had practiced Dorje Shugden and gain protection and blessings.

Even the current young Kyabje Zong Rinpoche has been keeping in contact with Trijang Rinpoche and has kept quiet on the issue and has outwardly appear to have renounced Dorje Shugden but maintain silence on this matter. As an exemplary scholar, he chose to focus on his monastic education instead. I won't be surprised if he secret worships Dorje Shugden and would readily receive sogtae again when the ban comes down. He would be one of the key lamas to spread Dorje Shugden when the ban comes down.

kris

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2013, 10:26:57 AM »
Kyabje Zong Rinpoche is one of my favourite Lamas.. everytime I see His pictures, I feel a strong sense of warmth, calm and peace. Really thank Big Uncle for sharing these photos!

I do agree with rossoneri's logic about Dorje Shugden practitioners. One of the strongest arguments about Dorje Shugden is enlightened is because so many Lamas do His practice, and they are able to reincarnate as human and benefit others.. If Dorje Shugden is indeed a bad spirit, then there is no way the practitioners can reincarnate, lifetime after lifetime.

lotus1

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2013, 06:45:49 PM »
Thank you so much Big Uncle for sharing these precious photos of Zong Rinpoche. Agree with Kris that when I see these pictures, I feel calm and peace too.
It is a strong and true fact that Zong Rinpoche who practiced Dorje Shugden has reincarnated. There is just a slap to the face to those who claim on “Whoever practice Dorje Shugden will go to hell.”
Please read on this article that share one of Zong Rinpoche’s teaching on Dorje Shugden. http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/the-controversy/four-important-videos/

icy

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2013, 11:17:08 PM »
Thank you Big Uncle for these lovely pictures of Kabje Zong Rinpoche. 

I remember it was Kabje Zong Rinpoche at the bedside of Lama Yeshe doing puja during his last breath at a hospital in the USA when Lama Yeshe suffered a heart attack.  Today Lama Yeshe has reincarnated as Lama Osel who has returned to this planet well and healthy.  Doesn't this speak so much about Kabje Zong Rinpoche, a highly accomplished sutric and tantric master who is a strong Shugden Lama?

christine V

• Email
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2013, 04:27:49 PM »
Thank you Big Uncle for posting these rare photos. Even by just looking on the photos, felt so blessed. H.H Zong Rinpoche welknown on practiced Dorje Shugden. If H.H practiced something evil, how can H.H reincarnate as human being again and  still be a lineage holder of Gelug.
Thus to say practitioner of Dorje Shugden was evil is totally not true.

diablo1974

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2013, 03:01:13 AM »
Thank you for the photos, they are rare and clear. i also thought that it looks like DS related puja although i have no clue about what it is about.  Looking at a high Lama performing tantric activities is a blessing. Close students of Zong Rinpoche will missed him a lot. But having these photos are good on altars too.