Author Topic: Tarap Shetrup Akong: British Tibetan monk 'assassinated' in China  (Read 11891 times)

icy

Re: Tarap Shetrup Akong: British Tibetan monk 'assassinated' in China
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2013, 02:58:28 PM »
The Gebchak nuns are extremely saddened at the recent death of Akong Rinpoche and are engaging in 49 days of prayers for this great master as are many sanghas worldwide. Akong Rinpoche was the founder of ROKPA, an NGO that performs some of the most skillful charity and cultural preservation work in the world. Over the last ten years Akong Rinpoche has quietly supported the preservation of Gebchak Nunnery during a time of great change in Tibet. He rebuilt the Gebchak nuns’ 16 retreat divisions, the new 3-year retreat house, a medical clinic and installed a system of running water. Akong Rinpoche will live on in the nuns’ prayers, inspiration and the long-term preservation of the Gebchak tradition.

psylotripitaka

Re: Tarap Shetrup Akong: British Tibetan monk 'assassinated' in China
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2013, 03:11:24 AM »
Not that this is related, nor do I wish to belittle the loss of a compassionate Master or the suffering of his family and students, but I found this interesting because I only know of Samye Ling from the reports I heard some years ago that this Kagyu monastery was particularly active against Dorje Shugden practice and would do fire pujas as well as remove flyers mentioning NKT classes in the area. I cannot confirm the involvement of Akong Rinpoche, nor is such information as Ive said relevant, but I figured I'd mention it anyways.